PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Inland Empire?

gatewaycityca
11-07-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm new on the APUG website. I saw a few topics about members in southern California, and I saw a few people in Riverside, LA, etc. So I was curious if anyone else was in the Inland Empire area. I live in San Bernardino. I'd like to meet other people interested in traditional film photography. So is there anyone else here from around the Inland Empire...San Bernardino, Riverside, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, etc.? Hopefully not too far away, so maybe a few of us could meet sometime!

- Chris

blaze-on
11-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Riverside...

and welcome!

bdial
11-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Welcome, I'm an ex-Inland Empire resident, went to school at Cal Straight S.B.

BradS
11-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Welcome from another former resident....I lived in Ontario, Pomona years ago while attending Cal Poly Pomona. Still don't trust air that I cannot see. :)

gatewaycityca
11-08-2008, 05:12 AM
Glad to hear from you guys. There's hardly anyone around where I live that's into photography. I've always liked taking pictures, ever since I was a kid. But I only seriously got interested in photography in the last year or two. I was always fascinated with antique cameras and I collected a couple of them that I got from thrift shops. But then I finally learned manual exposure with an Argus C3. Then I learned how to develop my own black and white film in March, and I've been hooked on it since then. I've lost track of how many rolls of film I've shot and developed since then. It's a lot of fun using these old cameras. There's something so cool about using a real metal, mechanical camera. I have several 35mm cameras, and a few TLR's now. It's amazing...all my film cameras have been around a LOT longer than me, and they still work great!

LizzBartlett
01-03-2009, 06:52 AM
There's also a Flickr group dedicated to the Inland Empire. I don't know of the proportion of digital:film, but it might be another place to at least connect with other people.

IBBY!
Lizz

Thomassauerwein
01-03-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm located In the northern tip of San Diego in "Fallbrook" south of Riverside about 35 miles.

dperez
01-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Pomona here... ex-Ontario. I will try to set some things up. I was thinking it would be cool to have a regional calendar that people can post events on for everyone to see. Maybe there's something like that on this forum and I haven't noticed it yet.

Have any ideas for a gettogether?

-Daniel

Todd Foster
01-06-2009, 01:04 PM
For black and white especially, there's the upcoming free weekend workshop that Per Volquartz hosts. I had to miss it last year, but it's a definite for me this time. He usually announces it on this list, with details, but the dates are on his site already. I'm just back into 4 X 5 black and white landscape after moving to Rancho Mirage from Tarzana. JTree is fabulous, I've photogged and backpacked there for decades and can't wait to return. The lower sun angles early year help out too, IMO. Best, Todd Foster.

http://www.pervolquartz.com/workshops.html

Todd Foster
01-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Woops, Per did announce it elsewhere in this forum! Didn't show up on my search for some reason. No harm to remention it here for the local tribe. I'm emailing him my attendance. Todd F.

blaze-on
01-06-2009, 02:54 PM
The JT get together is Here (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum162/55503-joshua-tree-gettogether-workshop-whatever-you-call-food-fest.html#post699622)

largely
01-23-2009, 01:43 PM
I'm in Chino.
Like gatewaycity, I don't know any other photographers locally.
All of my friends say "your camera takes great pitchers" but none have any interest in the craft. None understand why I still use "that old film" when their little pocket size toys "take great pitchers" too.
It's a lonesome hobby sometimes.

Larry