PDA

View Full Version : Contarex equipment, value...?

cmo
11-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Here I have my father's Contarex bullseye... it's defective again, and I will now put it into the display cabinet... but I might sell some lenses.

Are there any sites on the web where I can found out how much a 2/50 Planar and a 4.5/21 w/finder culd be worth? I don't see so many of these on ebay.

waynecrider
11-14-2008, 06:57 PM
My last edition of the KEH circular has some Contarex equipment in it. Try their website. KEH.com. IF the 21mm is the Biogon, they are selling one for $789 in bargain condition.

cmo
11-15-2008, 02:01 AM
Wayne, thank you for that, surprising how expensive even "bargain" Biogons still are... mine is in very good condition and comes with the original finder, so I am quite optimistic now :-)

There is one more equipment... may I ask some more...?

I have a "Linhof Press 70" a huge 6x7cm rangefinder camera with two grips and built-in selenium lightmeter, one magazine 120, one for 220, one Pola magazine - and two Zeiss lenses, normal and tele. It is fully working, cosmetics of the body are BGN (getting used to KEH scale), glass EX+, cosmetics of lens barrels EX, and mechanics EX or better, even the lightmeter works accurately.

This is such a rare beast I cannot find much information about its possible value...

waynecrider
11-15-2008, 09:34 PM
A Google search will get you whatever prices are out there for the Linhof. One is on Ebay right now for $1700 as a buy it now. Whether it's overpriced is a buyers concern. Good luck.

Robert Budding
11-18-2008, 07:23 PM
You may want to contact Henry Scherer - he services Contax cameras and he may want to but your 21mm lens.

http://zeisscamera.com/

cmo
12-06-2008, 02:40 PM
In the meanwhile I found an old craftsman in Hongkong who is able to provide an adapter to use the 21mm Biogon on a Leica M - did anyone ever use such an adapter?