PDA

View Full Version : Changes in HP5

Mahler_one
11-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Hi Simon: A friend of mine has used HP5 film for quite a while and has indicated that he learned that there were some improvements made in the film a few years back. He always uses Pyro developer, and has indicated that since the changes ( less b+f and some "improvements" in the film curves ) he has made HP5 his preferred film. For the record, I use HP5 as well. Can you confirm that there were some changes to the emulsion a few years back, and if so, how was the film "made better".

Thanks Simon.

Ed

Simon R Galley
11-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Dear Ed,

The last change in HP5+ was from normal to plus some time ago, the only other changes may have been raw material changes, which would have little or effect on the performance of the film or its curve and sensitometry.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Keith Tapscott.
02-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Ilford should NEVER change their excellent HP5 Plus EVER.
It`s all I use in 120 size rolls for studio portraiture. It gets processed in D-76/ID-11 diluted 1+1.

topoxforddoc
05-31-2010, 12:15 PM
Just my favourite B&W film. I've had a go with TRi-X & Neopan. but always come back to this. It's so flexible, when developed in XTOL, and I shoot it at all speeds from 400 to 3200. Very reliable and easy to print (& scan).

Charlie
www.charlie.chan.co.uk

R gould
05-31-2010, 02:43 PM
Never use anything else than HP5, and hav'nt done so for many years, and as long as Ilford make it I will continue to do so,Richard

pentaxuser
05-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Don't panic lads I think Simon is saying that there have been no changes in the last few years since it became Plus and there will not be any changes coming up. :D:

pentaxuser