PDA

View Full Version : Lith Print Exchange Round 3

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

rst
11-23-2008, 03:38 AM
I have already settled down on a negative which I know how to print. So for this round I try to be early :)

Cheers
Ruediger

Pete H
11-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Well, as promised I experimented with toning my last lith prints - and wrecked them. If you are going to sepia tone a beautiful girl - I mean a print of her - then it is better to bleach all of her skin: partial bleaching (I wanted to keep her eyes black) will give her an unsightly and unflattering skin condition, where she is partly grey and partly sepia after the toning. On the other hand, if you bleach her fully, sepia tone, then gold tone the result, it is possible to give her severe sun burn. :D

You folks may be getting some different prints ...

cheers
Pete

rst
11-28-2008, 09:33 AM
Hey, where are all the lith printers?

Here is an updated list of participants:

keeds
Mark Fisher
mooseontheloose
mrtoml
Paul Cocklin
Pete H
rst
semeuse
sly
Stan160
Travis Nunn
Wolfgang Moersch

So, only few more days and the fun starts.

Cheers
Ruediger

bdial
11-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Hey, where are all the lith printers?
They are in the gloom of red safelights waiting for the proper snatch point:p

Please add me to the list.

Cheers
Barry

mikeg
11-30-2008, 03:28 PM
My hectic lifestyle has paused slightly so I'll join in as well!

Cheers

Mike

rst
11-30-2008, 03:35 PM
OK Mike, great to have you in. I will wait until tomorrow and let my kids do the hat job. Well it is more a cap job because I do not own a hat.

Here is the list of participants:

bdial
keeds
Mark Fisher
mikeg
mooseontheloose
mrtoml
Paul Cocklin
Pete H
rst
semeuse
sly
Stan160
Travis Nunn
Wolfgang Moersch

It is still some time to join in.

Cheers
Ruediger

rst
12-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Hi

We are 14 participants, so this ends up in 2 groups of 4 and 2 groups of 3 people. The alternative would have been 2 groups of 5 and 1 group of 4 but it seems that groups of 3 or 4 are more welcome.

My daughter Judith helped me with the groupings and did the cap-job. And what a good job she did, there were only two people in the same group who also shared a group last time (yes Mike, it happened again ;)) So I changed place with Ian (Stan160).

Please exchange addresses via PM and send your prints no later than January 31st 2009.

Here we go:

Group 1
mikeg
mrtoml
Stan160
Wolfgang Moersch

Group 2
mooseontheloose
Pete H
rst
sly

Group 3
Mark Fisher
Paul Cocklin
semeuse

Group 4
bdial
keeds
Travis Nunn

I hope this is OK with everybody.

Cheers
Ruediger

mooseontheloose
12-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Looks good Ruediger! Thanks for organizing this.

The semester is winding down so I'll finally be able to put in some real darkroom time in the upcoming weeks. I'm really looking forward to seeing other lith prints in the flesh (in the fiber?) other than my own.
However, it's been a good 6 months since I've done any printing so hopefully it won't take me too long to get back into the swing of things.

Paul Cocklin
12-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Looks good. I've sent my contact info out, and should be done printing in a day or so.

mrtoml
12-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Sent my contact details.

Travis Nunn
12-04-2008, 08:38 PM
I've pm'd my group. I have my prints ready to go, just waiting on one more address.

Travis Nunn
12-08-2008, 02:58 PM
My prints went out in today's mail.

Paul Cocklin
12-08-2008, 06:49 PM
My prints went out in today's mail, too.

sly
12-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Got my prints in the mail today. Seems like we have quite a few eager beavers in this exchange. I thought I'd be the first one to post, but I've been bested by Paul and Travis.

Travis Nunn
12-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Got my prints in the mail today. Seems like we have quite a few eager beavers in this exchange. I thought I'd be the first one to post, but I've been bested by Paul and Travis.

:D

Gay Larson
12-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Well I'm sorry I missed this round but life has been very busy. Maybe next time.

mooseontheloose
12-10-2008, 09:04 AM
I've got my prints ready to go but I'll have to mail them next week as I will be on the road for the next few days.

rst
12-17-2008, 05:27 AM
I received Lillians beautiful print yesterday. I like it and I think I will have to try that paper at some time. Because of the dark background you managed that the highlights in your print seem to be whiter than the creamy paper base.

Sorry about that, but I will not have much time before Christmas. My prints will be done in the week after Christmas and I will send them out early in January.

Cheers
Ruediger

Jarvman
12-17-2008, 07:03 AM
Am I too late to get involved with this round?! :( Damn it happened again

Mark Fisher
12-17-2008, 07:44 AM
I received a very nice print from Paul this week. It was taken in Bodie, CA and printed on Ilford Multigrade warmtone. It was nice to see a sample on that paper since there seems to be wide opinion on whether it is good for lith. It looks like it makes a nice. but subtle, lith print. Thanks, Paul.
I mailed mine out on Sunday so they should be in your hands this week.