PDA

View Full Version : Fred Pickers Classic Trilogy on DVD

Pages : 1 [2]

Pfiltz
01-08-2013, 06:26 AM
What is the DVD actually about? Black and white photography in theory, or showing actual work being done in the Darkroom and possibly shooting LF? Sorry, I don't much about Fred's work.

juan
01-08-2013, 08:51 AM
They show actual work being done in the darkroom and in the field shooting and printing 4x5. Fred had very strong views about how to set up a system that works for you. He outlines his own system but encourages you to do the work and find your own. I learned a great deal about method from Fred. But a lot of people find his exactness troubling. For instance, he wrote that in order to learn how to set up your camera, you pack your stuff in the trunk of your car, then practice setting it up 50-times in your driveway. For some reason, such instructions upset a lot of photographers. I find the videos well worth watching, even though they are about 25-years old.
juan

RalphLambrecht
01-08-2013, 08:58 AM
i've seen the series on fototv a while back. they had an early copy from calumet. i was un impressed.

stehranw
01-08-2013, 10:36 AM
yes, it's available at the fototv website (very bad quality, obviously early vhs copy), but can not be saved to watch it offline. i'm still looking for someone who sends / sells me a dvd or copy, even in ntsc.

stehranw