View Full Version : APUG UK Print Exchange Round 17

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Jarvman
01-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Yes plz or am I too late again?! :o

Brian Jeffery
01-05-2009, 01:07 PM
As normal I've forgoten to give everyone a date to send their prints by :(

Could everyone aim to get their print to its destination by 7th Feb 2009 please.

Brian

delphine
01-07-2009, 03:10 PM
I received Jon's print which made my day.... and after returning to the office in this freezing weather, it felt like a real pick me up. The print is called Take a seat, very nicely toned.
I am a big fan of borders... I wish I was able to print borders on such a large negative ! Jon, you see me very envious indeed.
Thank you.

Best

Delphine

mealers
01-09-2009, 04:14 PM
I sent my print yesterday. :)

Jack Lusted
01-14-2009, 02:51 AM
Received a nice night photo with christmas lights today (from mealers?)
Thankyou,

Jack

mealers
01-14-2009, 03:13 AM
Wasn't from me Jack?

GFDarlington
01-14-2009, 06:57 AM
Received a very nice print from Mealers on Monday. Beautifully exposed into the sun and very well printed and toned. The inclusion of a printing chart was really useful. Many thanks

Graham

Jarvman
01-14-2009, 07:19 AM
It was mine Jack, should've sent a message with it sorry. Hope you enjoy. :D

Jack Lusted
01-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Ahh! So it was you, was it?!

Many thanks Jarvman - a good picture indeed - might you tell me where it was taken?

All the best

Jack

Jarvman
01-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Yup, guilty :D It was taken in Cardiff city centre by the museum about two weeks back. It's posted up in the gallery too. Cheers,

Gareth

Brian Jeffery
01-16-2009, 07:49 AM
My print was posted at lunchtime today,

Brian

Jarvman
01-17-2009, 03:54 AM
Hi Brian, recieved your print this morning. Very nice thanks! Some effective selective focusing. Those TLR's are great things hand held. Glad to see it was July though otherwise you would've been rattling over there at this time of year. The letter was really insightful. It was good to know the story behind taking the image as well as the technical info. Budapest is a great city, I went there with my parents and auntie four years back. I did a lot of street photography there. Also some long exposures in the underground station with my impatient, not to mention drunk aunt berating the locals after an evening at the hungarain house of wines. The food was something too, especially the sausages at the outdoor market. We got early up one morning to climb the hill overlooking the suspention bridge. There were lots of vintage cameras in a shop inside the hilltop fort there. Didn't have much of an idea what I was looking at then but might if it was now. Your print has brought back a lot of memories. Hope you enjoyed your time there. I'll make sure to send a proper letter during the next round. Cheers!

GFDarlington
01-22-2009, 12:07 PM
My print was sent off by first class post this morning.

Graham

clwyd
01-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Hi I received a very nice print from Richard yesterday, thank you richard I really like this high contrast print, I will be framing this for display. Regards Chris.

mrtoml
01-24-2009, 10:21 AM
I have now done my print. Should be able to post next week.

RH Designs
01-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi I received a very nice print from Richard yesterday, thank you richard I really like this high contrast print, I will be framing this for display. Regards Chris.

Thanks Chris - glad you like it :)

Brian Jeffery
01-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Received a gorgeous print of Hillary Hall from Graham today, great tones, and you've really caught the light well. Good to know some of the history of the building as well.

Brian

Black Dog
01-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Sent mine off yesterday.

GFDarlington
01-28-2009, 06:28 AM
Received a gorgeous print of Hillary Hall from Graham today, great tones, and you've really caught the light well. Good to know some of the history of the building as well.

Brian

Brian, many thanks for the kind words. I must admit I was quite pleased with it and have just printed it at 16x12 for possible framing, which holds up quite well. I'll try and upload some of this recent series of vernacular building studies some time soon.

Graham

mrtoml
01-28-2009, 07:01 AM
Received a nice print from Black Dog. My print will be in the post soon!