PDA

View Full Version : Spring 2009 get-together (APUG/Ireland)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Fintan
12-07-2008, 10:02 AM
At the weekends gathering we spoke arranging another in the spring and in the west of Ireland. Mayo or North Galway. Clifden and Achill Island have been mentioned.

Can anyone interested please post their location suggestion and whether to run this in Jan Feb or March.

peterev
12-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Lough Inagh Valley? or Letterfrack? good rates to be had at renvyle or rosleague manor

martinhughesireland
12-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Staying in Leenene would be my suggestion. Its on the Galway/Mayo Border. Right next to lots of areas to see and photograph. Very small village with two pubs and a few places to eat. B+B's around there also, great spot....

monosnaps
12-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Sounds good, late March might be better than February, Leenane is a good central location for Galway and Mayo. You might need to book a stool. http://www.flickr.com/photos/39174610@N00/354674135/

Síle
12-07-2008, 03:31 PM
I don't know the area at all, so am happy to go with whatever everyone decides..

peterev
12-08-2008, 06:15 AM
Renvyle is pretty near to Leenane and all that jazz. Here are some rates provided by Sabina Flaherty at the Hotel (if you wanna go that way)
2 nights (single room) b+b and one dinner €215 per head.

Ian Grant
12-08-2008, 06:28 AM
Could be tempted to come to Ireland in the Spring and join you, my wife would to visit. Obviously it would depend on dates coincidingb with my next trip to the UK.

Ian

Fintan
12-08-2008, 06:33 AM
Could be tempted to come to Ireland in the Spring and join you, my wife would to visit. Obviously it would depend on dates coincidingb with my next trip to the UK.

Ian

We owe you a few pints Ian :D

Ian Grant
12-08-2008, 06:47 AM
We owe you a few pints Ian :D

I don't drink that "ground charcoal" soup :D but I'm sure we can find something else :)

Let me known when you've fixed a date & location.

Ian

Fintan
12-08-2008, 07:45 AM
Let me known when you've fixed a date & location.

Ian

Will do Ian

mmcclellan
12-08-2008, 10:03 AM
You guys ought to consider an outing to Inis Mor sometime! Great B&B (Pier House), ferry out one day and ferry back the next, amazing light, awesome ruins, and great food to boot. And you can bicycle everywhere! Shoot for that in late spring or early summer -- it'll be the most amazing outing ever! :)

thefizz
12-09-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm happy anywhere in the West so I don't mind where we go.

Mirko Lazzarin
12-10-2008, 07:32 AM
hello all,
Living in Galway, I will definitely join you this time!!
I look forward to more details..
Cheers, Mirko

Fintan
12-11-2008, 02:02 PM
hello all,
Living in Galway, I will definitely join you this time!!
I look forward to more details..
Cheers, Mirko

Ah excellent Mirko

Fintan
12-12-2008, 06:19 AM
To move things along quickly I only set this poll for 7 days and theres just a few days left. Please make your preference. Thanks.

Fintan

melball
12-12-2008, 07:09 AM
I'm hopefully on for this but I'm holding back as it depends on location and date. Whether I stay one night or two depends on location as the West can be a long way from here...

Anyone developed anything form the weekend yet?

Mel

monosnaps
12-12-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm hopefully on for this but I'm holding back as it depends on location and date. Whether I stay one night or two depends on location as the West can be a long way from here...

Anyone developed anything form the weekend yet?

Mel

Mel

I have all mine developed and have a few up on the standard gallery, neg scans only. They are quite contrasty but hope to get some prints from them. The Holga images look the best so far. The last roll developed was the early morning images of the horses which i have not examined yet.

How are yours doing. Looking forward to seeing them. Martin won the race he had a print up the following day.

Gizzo
12-14-2008, 04:57 AM
I haven't developed my rolls, because I am setting up the "print side" of my darkroom and having the negs sitting there makes me impatient....
Can't wait to start printing decently :)

Vincent Brady
12-17-2008, 03:16 PM
I did cast my vote but just to confirm I'm on for this trip.

TEX

Vincent Brady
12-29-2008, 07:11 AM
I should add from my own experience's of photo trips to the west, Clifden offers the best base point from which to explore the Connermara area.You can travel outwards from it North, South, East and West with photos to be taken all along the routes. There are plenty of places to eat in a whole price range and there must be at least one pub if memory serves me.