PDA

View Full Version : A Christmas Cookie from Santa

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

wildbillbugman
07-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Hi PE,
I am glad that your video is coming out. But the Book should come befor the video, even if you need to sit on the disk for awhile. Call me an old fashioned old fert. But I believe that the written word contains an intrinsic value that images,still or moving, detract from. Reading requires an effort , and therefor a participation, from the reader that is absecent in movies. If the movie replaces the book, and I mean that in general, not just your movie and your book, it contributes to the continuous dumbing down of society.:(

Photo Engineer
07-12-2011, 10:13 PM
I know that Bill and agree.

I will hold up the DVD then. On your head be it! :D :D :D

Oh, and you are an old Fert, whatever that is! (you asked for it!) :D

PE

Kirk Keyes
07-13-2011, 12:58 AM
"Fert" - Isn't that how Chaucer spells it in "The Miller's Tale"? I think the vowel has changed to a short "a" sound these days. ;^)

Diapositivo
07-13-2011, 08:08 AM
Then it's a very old fert indeed we are talking about :)

Photo Engineer
07-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Lets quit fardling around! (In the words of Chaucer again)

PE

Sirius Glass
07-13-2011, 11:14 AM
Hi PE,
I am glad that your video is coming out. But the Book should come befor the video, even if you need to sit on the disk for awhile. Call me an old fashioned old fert. But I believe that the written word contains an intrinsic value that images,still or moving, detract from. Reading requires an effort , and therefor a participation, from the reader that is absecent in movies. If the movie replaces the book, and I mean that in general, not just your movie and your book, it contributes to the continuous dumbing down of society.:(

Hot flash! What about releasing the book with the disk?

wildbillbugman
07-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Sirius,
No, release the disk with the book!

Sirius Glass
07-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Even better release the two in a package that includes Ron living with you for two weeks of one on one in home training!

Photo Engineer
07-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Even better release the two in a package that includes Ron living with you for two weeks of one on one in home training!

This is available (now that I have my insurance fixed up and now that I have incorporated), but it is a bit pricey! :D

Only, you come here! :D

PE

Sirius Glass
07-13-2011, 12:43 PM
This is available (now that I have my insurance fixed up and now that I have incorporated), but it is a bit pricey! :D

Only, you come here! :D

PE

I know, it was an oblique shameless plug for you. :whistling:

Photo Engineer
07-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Thank you.

PE

lxdude
07-13-2011, 03:17 PM
I know, it was an oblique shameless plug

Which is better by far than an oblique shameless pug. A woman I worked with had one. The sneaky little bug-eyed screw-tailed mutt thought the world was his urinal!:blink:

Oh, sorry.

Just a "pet" peeve.:pouty:;)

Photo Engineer
07-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Y'know, the worst part about this is that I know what I did to deserve this! It all seems to have started when I bought a Mustang!

:D

PE

lxdude
07-13-2011, 03:32 PM
:laugh::laugh:

Sirius Glass
07-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Always take care of your pet peeve. If you do not then PETA will come after you for neglecting a pet.

You know about PETA don't you? People Eating Tasty Animals

But still better than a PITA or a stick in the eye.

Sirius Glass
07-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Y'know, the worst part about this is that I know what I did to deserve this! It all seems to have started when I bought a Mustang!

:D

PE

One wonders what would have happed if you had bought a GTS Dodge Dart with the 340 cubic inch engine! :w00t:

lxdude
07-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Always take care of your pet peeve. If you do not then PETA will come after you for neglecting a pet.

That's the thing about peeves. People just keep petting them and petting them and they never go away!;)

wildbillbugman
07-14-2011, 11:35 AM
I will hold up the DVD then. On your head be it! :D :D :D

Oh, and you are an old Fert, whatever that is! (you asked for it!) :D

PE[/QUOTE]

I can't do anything about being an Old Fert. But I think that"One word can be worth a thousand Pictures." By using an e instead of an a, I was trying to be "nice". A:devil:gainst my nature.:ninja::bandit::devil:

Photo Engineer
07-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Bill;

I've thought about this for a day or so since you suggested that the book be released first. I see your reasoning but I would like to bring to your attention the fact that you have seen all parts of my course, and this may be influencing your POV. For those who are wavering about homemade emulsions, perhaps the disk will be valuable to them, as much so as the book.

PE

wildbillbugman
07-15-2011, 07:47 PM
Yes Ron,
I will admit that you have a good argument there. But I will say that anyone who depends entirely on the DVD and dose not read the book, would be doing himself a disservice. Personaly, I would rather visualize from a well written book than see "the real thing". But then, I was a poet 30 years befor I picked up a camera.
Bill