PDA

View Full Version : The 2009 ILFORD Photo Competition :

Pages : 1 [2] 3

lorirfrommontana
01-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Thanks Simon, How exciting! Although my attempts at photography pale in comparison to the shots I've seen on this group, I think I'll attempt if I can get my darkroom together in time. I havn't bought any paper or B&W film (other than that wich is processed for me) so I'll have to get Ilford! I may just have to set up temporary space in the basement for my darkroom! Lori

PhotoBob
01-08-2009, 12:17 AM
Dear Simon, Ilford/Harman,
Thank You :)

Steve Smith
01-08-2009, 01:49 AM
I do not have even a fraction of the photographic ability to compete with the talent here in APUG

Neither have I but that's not going to stop me!

Steve.

ooze
01-08-2009, 03:08 AM
That's great Simon. Unfortunately I'm ruled out.

Stocking with 120 B&W film yesterday all the conventional Ilford 120 film was rather short dated 2002 !!! and only a few rolls of HP5 at that. I didn't check the XP-2. The Forte was of a similar age, but the 25 rolls of Fomopan was only 2 months out of date, all five rolls of Acros 100 were miraculously 2009-12 expiry date. Some of the B&Wv paper must have been well over 10 years old, the shop was well stocked, but with old outdated materials.

Talking direct to IstanbulI was told I could have fresh HP5 in a week but not the Delta 400 I wanted as it wasn't imported in 120 only 35mm.

So it's unlikely I could enter but pigs might fly :D I still have a few rolls of 120 FP4, Delta 100 & 400 and a Pan F left, plus a few hundred sheets of 5x4 :) now to find a darkroom or return to the UK before the end of March.

Ian

Ian,

I'm surprised you couldn't find 120 Delta400 in Istanbul. It shouldn't be a problem. I have bought and used it here.

Also, you're welcome to use my darkroom if you can make it to Istanbul. My enlarger can take 6x6 negs and I can print up to 16x20.

Cheers,
omar

faustotesta
01-08-2009, 03:40 AM
Last time i entered a BW competition (AGFA) the company ran out of business and shut down....
As i am going to partecipate to the ILFORD/HARMAN competition start to pray for them :-)

Steve Roberts
01-08-2009, 03:52 AM
An excellent scheme. Well done Simon and Ilford once again!
I suppose my only slight reservation is that the final item will be reproduced directly from the neg, which precludes any dodging, burning etc. on the submitted print.
A good excuse to get out and do some photography, if one was needed!

Best wishes,

Steve

Trevor Crone
01-08-2009, 03:52 AM
Thanks Simon and Ilford/Harman; it is so reassuring that you continue to support film and darkroom practices.

msdemanche
01-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Wow, thanks Simon. This gives me a reason to get out and shoot. I have been putting together the 1000's of images I have shot for my Memento Mori series and after going out to shoot everyday for 10 years, and now not for two months I know I am in image capture withdraw. What a wonderful project for all of us and with us behing the competition nothing can go wrong with Illford.
I certainly want to get on the list for the special papers.
I just need some days of sunshine.
Thanks
Michel

VaryaV
01-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_walls View Post
I do not have even a fraction of the photographic ability to compete with the talent here in APUG

Quote:
Neither have I but that's not going to stop me!

Steve.

I feel the same way, too, Tim - but I agree with Steve. I'll keep pluggin' away!
Plus, it's always a good excuse to go play in the swamp.

Forgive me if I messed up the quote thing.

Ian Grant
01-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Ian,

I'm surprised you couldn't find 120 Delta400 in Istanbul. It shouldn't be a problem. I have bought and used it here.

Also, you're welcome to use my darkroom if you can make it to Istanbul. My enlarger can take 6x6 negs and I can print up to 16x20.

Cheers,
omar

Thanks Omar, I may take you upon that offer, I'll PM you :D

I've enquired before with the regards to Delta 100 in 5x4 & 400 in 120 and been told they aren't imported, but this may have changed. My nearest decent photo shop in Izmir is has it's main store in Istanbul and they are very helpful, I also spoke to the Ilford importers two years ago.

It was remiss of me not to say thanks to Simon in my earlier post for all his support to APUG & its members and for coming up with this competition.

Ian

photo8x10
01-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Thank Simon/Ilford....
Well done, I'm going to print a 8x10 contact print on Ilford Galerie....
Best
Stefano

Shangheye
01-09-2009, 09:07 AM
Now THAT is is marketing ;-) Count me in...great Simon, Thanks to Ilford and Harman. K

Jon Butler
01-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Hi,
I have been looking forward to this since Simon mentioned about it last year.
Image to be taken after 7th Jan 09, thats OK as I'm off to Greece again in March to build on my Greek project.
Should get some better skies this time of the year and I must think SQUARE looking forward to the challenge.
Thanks Ilford.

Regards JON

BWKate
01-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Yeah Simon!!
Another awesome Ilford contest. I still have lots of Ilford products to use for this... Thanks for the inspiration.

lilserenity
01-31-2009, 04:21 AM
I was down in Dungeness, Kent last Saturday at sunrise shooting some Delta 100 with my C330F, count me in definitely :)

How exciting! =)

Slixtiesix
01-31-2009, 05:31 AM
Darn Cool!
I donīt have any illusions to win, but I use only Ilford films (mostly FP4+ and HP5+)
and will definitely buy the commemorative edition. 10 sheets is quite affordable :-)
FB papers are known for their long lifetime, so I could imagine to store this edition just like
some kind of wine, wouldnīt this be weird?
Greetz, Benjamin

denmark.yuzon
02-02-2009, 03:17 AM
it is not mentioned.. in submitting, do i have to include a cut out of the original negative? or i just have to submit a printed picture of any size from 4"x4" to 16"x16"? please reply asap

delphine
02-02-2009, 05:46 AM
Thank you to Ilford and Simon for their support and the stimulating photo competition.
It would be nice to see the submissions at some point, if at all possible.

Best luck to the participants.

Dee

MattKing
03-17-2009, 02:56 PM
For those who were considering entering this competition, you may appreciate a gentle reminder that the March 31/April 6 deadline is fast approaching :).

Matt

P.S. I guess you can tell that my entry is finally on its way. Hope the two postal services cooperate and it gets there in time.

BWKate
03-17-2009, 04:22 PM
I still don't have a darkroom yet so I might have to miss this one....extremely disappointing.