PDA

View Full Version : The 2009 ILFORD Photo Competition :

Pages : 1 2 [3]

tim_walls
03-23-2009, 11:27 AM
I still don't have a darkroom yet so I might have to miss this one....extremely disappointing.I feel your pain, Kate!

I've got far enough down the line that I have my plumbing sorted, shelves put up, and am in enough state that at least I'm developing my own film again.

But I'm running somewhat late with the whole 'making it dark' step of the plan which means I haven't even unpacked the enlarger yet...

Of course, I have only myself to blame. A room with glass french doors at either end, a window in one side, and a transparent plastic roof was always going to be a challenge to turn into a darkroom :D.

BWKate
03-24-2009, 01:06 PM
It does take alot of energy but it will be worth it in the end! I'm going now to do some work on the darkoom. It's pretty close to being done. Have to put up a long shelf above the beautiful freshly painted wet bench. ( 4 coats of black marine paint!) 2 coats of matte black and 2 coats of glossy black. Next is light proofing the door. Our plumbing is all done thank goodness.. That was a bit of a hassle with some permits we had to have. Then it will be ready to roll! I want to take some photos of it and post what it looks like!

MattKing
03-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Kate;

I hope this means that your co-op has found its new homw!

Matt

Keith Tapscott.
03-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Dear Apuggers,

The Format : We reproduce all images on our envelopes ( and boxes ) as square format.
The Subject : The subject can be anything you wish

The print : The print can be submitted to us on any of our papers either RC or FB, it can be any size between 4" x 4" and up to 16" x 16" it can be toned, but if it wins, it will be reproduced for publication as a neutral print from a scan of the original negative.A pity that the images can only be square. :(

Ian Grant
03-25-2009, 11:39 AM
A pity that the images can only be square. :(

It rules out all my 6x17 images unfortunately, I'm not cropping that savagely :D

And then the earliest I can get into my darkroom is the 7th of April, as I only fly back on the 6th with 40+ rolls of 2¼SQ B&W negs to print :)

So good luck to everyone, lets hope there's some great images.

Ian

BWKate
03-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Kate;

I hope this means that your co-op has found its new homw!

Matt

Yes, Matt!
We have a new home and we have spent since January getting it ready. A couple of shelves here and there. Also have to put up the two safelights. I have to clean our fatigue floor mats. They are quite dirty and dusty. The home stretch I think!

rudolf
04-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Well, the competition seems like made especially for me ;)
I'm in!

Jon Butler
04-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Hi,

Tomorrow is the last day you can post for Mondays deadline.
Printed five on Sunday morning, sent them Monday.
Why do I always leave it until the last minute.
JON.

msdemanche
04-02-2009, 03:59 PM
For us here in the states, Tuesday was the last day you could post to arrive by Monday's deadline. Mine got off just in the nick of time.
Good luck to us all.
Michel

Brendan Berry
05-02-2009, 01:44 PM
where can we find out who won... ? cheers

MattKing
06-08-2009, 04:05 AM
Simon:

Any news about the winners?

Matt

Morry Katz
07-23-2009, 11:20 PM
The results of the Ilford/APUG 2009 photo competition are posted on the Ilford web site: ilfordphoto.com.

Cheers.
Morry Katz - Lethbridge, Alberta

naeroscatu
07-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Congratulations Morry, beautiful work. Same for all the APUG winners. This makes our community more prestigious and gives us much needed inspiration. Big thank you to ILFORD for its continuous support of the analog processes. I missed the cut off this time but hope to have another chance in the future.