PDA

View Full Version : Film for Kodak 620 Vigilante Junior?

Luna.optica
01-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Hey... I've recently inhereted a fully functional Kodak 620 Vigilante Junior, and I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to order 620 Panatomic film from somewhere, maybe online... or another film that I can use instead in this camera... So far, in the places I have asked it seems kind of unlikely :confused: I'm in New Zealand but I have a source in the States that I can mail anything I order to.
Thanks!

Paul Goutiere
01-08-2009, 10:16 PM
This is one of many sites that will show you how to turn 120 film which is readily available into 620 film for your camera. Very easy to do!
http://www.inficad.com/~gstewart/respool.htm

I have a few older cameras, myself, which take 620 film and this method works perfectly.
There are a few issues you may run up against however:
-many older cameras likely have pinholes in the bellows which will leak light. They can be hard to see.
-the little red window on the back of your camera may leak a little light as well, and may need to be covered after advancing a frame.

The upside will be that the images produced by these old cameras can be really unique and special. Probably worth the effort to get the camera going.

Philippe Grunchec
01-09-2009, 03:59 AM
Fotoimpex in Berlin sells 120 films "trimmed" to 620. The last ones I got were Fuji Acros.

Luna.optica
01-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Thanks a bunch!! :D
Appreciated :D

athanasius80
01-09-2009, 07:31 PM
If you're referring to Panatomic-X film as the "Panatomic" 620, that emulsion's no longer made. Besides the link referenced above, I've had decent luck using a 620 takeup spool and a roll of 120 film trimmed down with either nail trimmers or scissors.

Good luck! My grandmother shot hundreds of pictures with the very same camera.

David Brown
01-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Hey... I've recently inhereted a fully functional Kodak 620 Vigilante

"vigilante" ? :o

http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Kodak_Vigilant_Junior_Six-20

:D

geoferrell
01-09-2009, 09:20 PM
I think there are some camera stores in the U.S. that sell 620 film at a premium price under several brands.