PDA

View Full Version : Iceland: Western Fjords Tour 2009 w/ Bill Schwab

Pages : 1 [2]

bill schwab
09-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks David! You'll be missed.

bill schwab
09-08-2009, 04:16 AM
Just a little bump for the Blog. As our trip gets nearer the end, we've been uploading several times a day. Please feel free to take a look.

www.nwfjords.blogspot.com

Bill

Vaughn
09-08-2009, 05:37 AM
Looks to be an amazing trip! And the big blue van!

Iceland has always been in the back of my mind...especially after I solo bicycle toured in New Zealand for 5 months (with 4x5). Iceland seemed to be the next logical place. Alas, 22 years and a bit of reality later, I never made it there. I'd probably would have to use a trailer for the 8x10 if I went now (and a year or more to get back in shape!!)

Some very cool images on your blog, I enjoyed the images and all. I hope you folks have a lot more fun!

Vaughn

Shaggysk8
09-08-2009, 05:40 AM
It all looks really amazing and I like the big blue van.

Vaughn, just do it! maybe in the summer but hey you have some time to get fit :D

Vaughn
09-08-2009, 06:16 AM
Vaughn, just do it! maybe in the summer but hey you have some time to get fit :D

Perhaps in 6 years when my boys graduate from High School! Plenty of time to get into shape, and I'll only be 61! But I might leave the 8x10 behind and get a nice light 5x7. That might fit on the bike without needing a trailer! Something tells me my wife would not be a willing participant.

Vaughn

bill schwab
09-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Really glad you like it Vaughn. It is a really great place and we're all having a wonderful time. Thanks for the comments.

Bill

PS... I've fallen in love with the van as well! 9 people and all our gear and it still drives like my jeep!

Vaughn
09-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Hey Bill, if I was independently well off, the Big Blue Van Tour would be the way to go! I would have to work my 8x10 a little faster in a group situation! Maybe take some strong cord and use the 8x10 as a box kite on the windier days!

Enjoy!

Vaughn