PDA

View Full Version : NE Ohio bi-monthly gathering

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Nicholas Lindan
03-06-2009, 03:15 PM
I'll sign up for the weekend --- see you at Bo's.

jp80874
03-06-2009, 08:44 PM
I'll sign up for the weekend --- see you at Bo's.

Glad to have you with us.

John

ic-racer
03-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Picture I printed the other day. Its from a 4x5 negative was exposed during our first outing. Blue Hen Falls.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/ic-racer/BlueHenfalls.jpg

jp80874
03-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Great Dale. It looks good and very mysterious.

We should stop by and check it now. I noticed that the Cuyahoga, which this feeds, had flooded several of Zalays' corn fields earlier this week. The parking lot north of Peninsula on a curve in the Cuyahoga was closed for flooding. I would imagine Blue Hen and the other two falls are very dramatic just now.

John

winger
03-12-2009, 03:26 PM
The camera club here is going there again for the spring trip. They were going to do Hocking Hills, but couldn't find a hotel under $150/night. But I won't be going with them because I'll be in DC for a cousin's engagement party.

And I can't wait 'til next weekend!

Jeff Bannow
03-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Can't wait either. We miss the girls! I think it is getting to be stick throwing weather again.

jp80874
03-12-2009, 04:59 PM
The girls have alredy been for a mud-swim at Oak Hill Park. They were running ahead on a hike. I came around a bend in the trail by a small reedy, muddy pond and there the girls were, shoulder deep in mud/water. Savannah was the mud ball with the stick hanging out the pointy end. She is so popular that she is taking reservations for stick tosses.

John

winger
03-12-2009, 06:55 PM
The girls have alredy been for a mud-swim at Oak Hill Park. They were running ahead on a hike. I came around a bend in the trail by a small reedy, muddy pond and there the girls were, shoulder deep in mud/water. Savannah was the mud ball with the stick hanging out the pointy end. She is so popular that she is taking reservations for stick tosses.

John

And I'd bet they greeted you happily shaking the muddy water all over you. :)

jp80874
03-12-2009, 09:27 PM
And I'd bet they greeted you happily shaking the muddy water all over you. :)

No, they saved that for the back of the SUV.

John

jp80874
03-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Peter and I talked this afternoon. We are both looking forward to seeing all that come and their work Saturday night. Following is a repost of the agenda. If anyone needs directions to our house please send me a PM.

Saturday, March 21, we meet for early lunch 11:00 AM at the Bo Long Chinese restaurant where many of us met before. This is less than a mile from the Cleveland Museum of Art. Saturday afternoon I would encourage you to hear “Friedlander Talks”, 2:30 PM, Tom Hinson, CMA Curator of Photography. The museum is open until 5 PM.

Bo Loong Chinese Restaurant
3922 Saint Clair Ave NE
Cleveland, OH 44114
(216) 391-3113
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...1&z=14&iwloc=A

A Google maps street view of the front of the restaurant, on the south side of the street. The Marathon gas station at the corner of St. Clair and East 40th is on the left of this view.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...93442622951088

(from) Lee

We will meet at our house in Bath at 5:30 PM to order pizza for show and tell and talk Saturday evening. 9 AM, Sunday morning, coffee and gab at our house, then off to the Akron Museum of Art for more Friedlander and Edward Weston. The Akron Art Museum opens at 11 AM. There is free parking across the street. If you like we will go to a near by Hungarian restaurant for a Chicken Paprikash lunch.

PM me if you are coming. PM me if you need directions to any of this.

Dolly and I are looking forward to your visit, seeing what new work you have done and the museum shows.

John & Dolly Powers

PS: We probably should make a reservation at the Saturday restaurant. Please PM me if you will be there. We need a seat count.

Thanks.

John

ic-racer
03-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Just wondered if anyone saw Friedlander's son performing on Cello at the Cleveland Museum. I was just looking at the schedule of events and looks like I missed it, it was earlier in the month. I just downloaded one of his CDs for playing in the darkroom. Fantastic stuff!

I'll probably see you all at the 2:30 talk and afterwards at John's for 'pizza and prints.' I have been printing some new stuff to bring.

jp80874
03-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Looking forward to the event and visiting with you.

What pieces are on the CD?

John

ic-racer
03-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Eric has put up all these MP3s to download from his website:

May it please
Howling Circle Prowl Erik Friedlander
Consternation Quake Erik Friedlander
Aap Ki Quake Erik Friedlander
Rain Bearers Prowl Erik Friedlander
Wire Quake Erik Friedlander
The wind groans
One should let
08 Aberdeen
November Topaz Erik Friedlander
02 The Gates
Turbine #1 Chimera Erik Friedlander
strawdogs
Rain Bearers Prowl Erik Friedlander
Silver Like Dust Watchman Erik Friedlander
The Watchman Watchman Erik Friedlander
Little Niles Chimera Erik Friedlander

jp80874
03-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Here is who I have heard will be coming at various stages of the event. Any last minute takers are certainly welcome to join us for any and all parts of the weekend. Send me a PM for directions.

John & Dolly

Eva & Jeff Bannow
Shawn Dougherty
Bethe Fisher
jolefler
Dale Marsh
BILL MITCHELL
Nicholas Lindan
Gene Paulson (Shawn’s friend)
John & Dolly Powers
Peter Spangenberg

Dorothy Kloss can’t make it due to illness in the family
When last I heard Lee Lumpkin thought he would have to stay in Oberlin with one of his sons.

Shawn Dougherty
03-20-2009, 10:36 AM
John,
I just heard from Gene and he has a family issue he has to attend to so he won't be coming over. Now that I'll be on my own I'll take a look at my options for Saturday after work. I'll let you know by tonight, will probably be late. Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone again! Shawn

jp80874
03-20-2009, 11:06 AM
John,
I just heard from Gene and he has a family issue he has to attend to so he won't be coming over. Now that I'll be on my own I'll take a look at my options for Saturday after work. I'll let you know by tonight, will probably be late. Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone again! Shawn

Shawn,

Sorry about Gene. You are certainly welcome Saturday night. I am sure Jeff will save a piece of pineapple pizza.

If you want to sleep in the car as you did last time please do so. If it is so late that the house is dark when you arrive, park in our driveway rather than the one going down to the other houses. The middle house has two bachelor brothers that come in late and not always sober. It is probably best to avoid walking by the pond as that may set of the girls. They will be pretty excited anyway with all the visitors.

John

Shawn Dougherty
03-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks, John. I meant it will be late tonight when I post my plans. If I'm able to make it over Saturday it will be in the daylight hours...

At this point I THINK I can make it, if so, is anyone up for going to the Ritchie Ledges for predawn/sunrise shooting and back to John's for the 9o'clock coffee session on Sunday? Shawn

Nicholas Lindan
03-20-2009, 08:10 PM
I will be there for Bo Loong and the CMA - not yet sure about Saturday PM...

My Father passed away a few weeks ago http://www.cleveland.com/obituaries/index.ssf/2009/03/dr_olgierd_lindan.html. My Mother is at loose ends at the family home and asked to come along. I will be bringing her to Bo's and the CMA.

jp80874
03-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Nicholas,

Dolly and I are so sorry for you and your family. Your mother is most welcome. I am sure we will all do what ever we can to make her feel like she is with friends.

John

jp80874
03-20-2009, 08:21 PM
The weather report to aid in your plans.

Sat. Mar 21, sunset 7:40 PM, Partly Cloudy, high 50°, low 31°, 10% chance of preip.
People are welcome to shoot here or in the park. Let us know if we need to delay dinner says he laughing as he remembers last time when we spent 2.5 hours figuring out what to do about dinner.

Sun. Mar 22, sunrise 7:26 AM ET, Mostly Sunny, high 55°, low 32°, 10% chance of preip.

Sunday - Akron Art Museum open 11 AM - 5 PM

John