PDA

View Full Version : NE Ohio bi-monthly gathering

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Shawn Dougherty
03-20-2009, 08:35 PM
John, Looks like I won't be able to make it Saturday.

I'm going to leave mighty early Sunday morning to photograph dawn light at the Richie Ledges and will swing over to your place for 9o'clockish coffee and the museum. See you then. Shawn

Jeff Bannow
03-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Had a great day today here with John & company. Hope to see some of you tomorrow for the Weston exhibit!

jp80874
03-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Thank you Jeff, and thank you all for coming. These events have been just what I wanted to have happen: fun, camaraderie, a learning experience, an opportunity to see the work of others and hear their comments, a chance to see great work from Friedlander and Weston, great weather, super food, an exchange of prints a sale of a lens and interest in another, and get out and shoot. I hope more will come to the next one. I hope others will do the same and invite us.

At lunch Saturday I talked about a 700 lot auction coming up at the start of April. Here is a link to my post. Be sure to use the corrected links Ole added.
700 lot camera estate auction, April 4, 2009, Willoughby, OH 44094
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum47/60036-700-lot-camera-estate-auction-april-4-2009-willoughby-oh-44094-a.html

Thanks again for a wonderful time.

John

Shawn Dougherty
03-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks to you, John and to Dolly of course for your continuing hospitality. Sorry to have skipped out on lunch but after viewing that Weston exhibit I just HAD to get out and make some more photographs!!! What a show. Great to see everyone again.

I just developed two sheets of film from my early morning at the Ritchie Ledges. I just love the light there at that time. I'll try to print and get them posted to the gallery this week.

Oh, I mounted that G-Claron on a board and tried it out on my 4x5. Beautiful! Thanks again, John and all the best. Shawn

winger
03-23-2009, 01:54 PM
I had a great time as always. I stopped at the ledges on my way out - we'll see if I got anything good.
Remember when I said I wasn't too sure about buying the Taschen book on Weston 'cause I thought I might already have it? Well, if anyone else wants one, I now have 2 copies. :rolleyes:

ic-racer
03-24-2009, 03:21 PM
I had a great time seeing everyone again. Thank you John for your having us!

I'll have to say that "taking the kids to the museum" is much easier said than done! I did get a chance to take each of them individually around to see the Weston prints, something I never had a chance to do until I was in college. It's so difficult to package them up and simultaneously transport them to an event, that without the incentive of the group, it was a trip we otherwise would not have made. I am proud knowing my kids were able to see the prints.

Shawn Dougherty
03-26-2009, 07:26 AM
Good to see you again and meet your family. Exposing the kids to art at such an early age is certainly a wonderful thing.

I managed to do a little printing the other night and ended up with a finished print from the other morning at the ledges:

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=42460&limit=1

Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon. I just got my heat press back from the shop so I'll be sure to bring some new work with me next time. All the best. Shawn

jp80874
03-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Shawn,

That is spectacular. You really captured the tonal range up there. I am going to have to start getting up earlier to try to see what you are viewing. Great stuff!!

John