PDA

View Full Version : Everglades Gallery

John Brady
02-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Hi fellow Floridians, I have just completed my new gallery in Naples and have a joint opening exhibit with Clyde Butcher. The grand opening is set for February 12th from 5-9 and clyde will be there for the open.

The exhibit will run until may 31st. I hope some of you can make it.
for more info check out www.gladesgallery.com

Thanks
John

jgcull
02-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Ewww, does it not give you the creeps standing in that water?

Congratulations. Looks really nice!

jovo
02-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Your gallery looks terrific; much good fortune to you with it. As I will be moving to north Florida in several years, I'll be happy to have a place to travel to away from Jacksonville that rhymes nicely with what I want to see on the walls. Till then, best wishes!

John Brady
02-04-2009, 07:28 AM
Ewww, does it not give you the creeps standing in that water?

Congratulations. Looks really nice!

I have to stand in the water, thats where they hide the best shots:)

Hi John,
glad to hear your moving down! Look forward to seeing you.

Take care,
John

bobwysiwyg
02-04-2009, 07:31 AM
Congratulations and good luck with the exhibition.

P.S. Do you carry a big stick to fend off the 'gaiters? :)

Ria
02-04-2009, 08:08 AM
P.S. Do you carry a big stick to fend off the 'gaiters? :)

I've spent a good deal of time in Florida and I've found that gaiters are fairly shy and tend not to be a problem; spats and leggings are a bit more aggressive. Gators on the other hand are an entirely different matter.

Paul Verizzo
02-05-2009, 08:29 AM
I've spent a good deal of time in Florida and I've found that gaiters are fairly shy and tend not to be a problem; spats and leggings are a bit more aggressive. Gators on the other hand are an entirely different matter.

I threw out my gaiters when I left Colorado.......

Dan Henderson
02-05-2009, 08:43 AM
I threw out my gaiters when I left Colorado.......

Hmph...I have been wearing mine daily since about Christmas!

John, congratulations on your gallery, and on having Clyde Butcher's work in it. I am the proud owner of an Butcher print that hangs in a place of honor in my living room. Butcher's work to save the everglades is admirable and inspiring.

Paul Verizzo
02-05-2009, 10:11 AM
And as everyone in Florida knows, saving the glades is up against, what else, money. The plan to buy out most of the US Sugar holdings and subsequent plans is struggling, like all of us. Well, almost all. (See: bankers.)

Frank Hoerauf
02-05-2009, 11:26 AM
WOW, what a beautiful gallery John, I wish you the best of luck with it. I am sure it will be a fun new adventure in your life that will open many doors for you. Your photography speeks for itself, all the best....Frank

numberoneoppa
05-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Hmm, my stepdad's been out shooting with Clyde a few times before when I was a kid... those were the days. The gallery looks wonderful from the pictures online, I'll definitely see if I can get myself over there this summer.

:)

michael9793
06-21-2010, 01:44 PM
I stopped in about a month ago and it is very impressive. the work is better than anything Clyde could due. I will stop there. great gallery Jon

FiatluX
06-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Awesome gallery, beautiful pics!

Irrev.Rev.
06-21-2010, 05:54 PM
John,

Thanks for the 'views'; there's something primeval yet, not static in your capture; a sense of "something's coming". Wonderful!!

John

Dan Henderson
06-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Congratulations. I was fortunate enough to purchase one of Clyde's pictures at the Kona Kai Gallery in Key Largo a few years ago. I would really like to get to the Everglades gallery.
Best of luck,
Dan