PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 16 Results and Feedback ...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Tim Gray
02-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Mine are printed but I need to get stamps today. Hopefully they should go out tomorrow.

bwakel
02-17-2009, 01:28 PM
11 Feb 2009

So I am asking for understanding that not all my cards are the same. Hope you like the image I selected for this round.

Regards,
Darwin

Darwin, received your postcard today and it's got that wonderful 5x4 contact print tonality that's impossible to reproduce in any other way. I really like the thiourea toning too. Don't be too hard on yourself!

Barry

Tim Gray
02-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Mark F: Monkeys! Very nice. What film and focal length?
drpsilver: Lovely contact print. I really like the toning. Some day I need to try my hand at that...

ozphoto
02-17-2009, 10:18 PM
I've received two cards so far -

Darwin
Barry (bwakel)

Both lovely. I'm getting into the darkroom this weekend, so hopefully mine will be going out Monday.

drpsilver
02-17-2009, 10:26 PM
17 Feb 2009

Barry, Tim, and ozphoto:

I am glad you like the postcard.

Darwin, received your postcard today and it's got that wonderful 5x4 contact print tonality that's impossible to reproduce in any other way. I really like the thiourea toning too. Don't be too hard on yourself!

Barry, contact printing 4x5s has become one of the most exciting darkroom activities. One actually has a reasonable size picture to look at without enlarging anything. Thanks for you encouragement.

Regards,
Darwin

johnnywalker
02-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Mine were mailed today.

Pete H
02-19-2009, 12:55 PM
I received Mike Wilde's Kodak balloon today. How wonderful, printing in colour. Is the Ilford black and white zebra-striped balloon next? :p I like the way that the diagonals of the clouds, the tree tops, and the balloon's stripes all work together.

Pete

Pete H
02-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Three cards came today!
Thanks to
Mark Fisher for the quirky beings in a shop window;
Jake Williams for the dragonfly - it needs a bit of thought :)
Darwin for the beautifully toned contact print.

cheers
Pete

sly
02-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Can you give us Simon's address again, so he can be included?

ozphoto
02-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Another card arrived yesterday,

Mark Fisher's Store Window - love it! This one will keep you going for years!!!!

- Nanette

Mark Fisher
02-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Mark F: Monkeys! Very nice. What film and focal length?
I'm certain it was tri-x in xtol (is there another film for 35mm....). I think the lens was my Canon 85mm f1.8....my favorite 35mm lens by far.

trotkiller
02-20-2009, 09:22 PM
My cards went in the post friday

Have received cards from Mark F and drpsilver so far, both great cards :)

sage
02-21-2009, 12:23 AM
Ive gotten 3 so far, from Darwin, Mark, and Tim, all very nice.
I printed mine about 2 weeks ago, but ran out with 2 to go :/ So as soon as I get to ordering a new box of paper, printing the remainder, and getting labels on and notes written, they should be all out on time this go round :)

Jon King
02-21-2009, 07:01 AM
Four arrived this week: Mark Fisher's family of sock monkeys, BlackDog - I liked how you selected the focus on this one. Tim Gray - I think that is a great way to print the scene. It makes me wonder if there was even more! drpsilver - It tonality and the toning color were such that it took me a while to realize it was on Ilford postcard paper - it makes me realize I'm not using all the paper can give me.

My cards are printed, and I'm writing them up. I hope to mail them over the next couple of days.

drpsilver
02-22-2009, 07:54 AM
22 Deb 2009

Received cards from ...
bwakel: I like the composition. It must have been a magical morning of photography. Shooting g the fog is a challenge, but can be very rewarding also.
Mark Fisher: These monkeys look so peaceful and content. The selective focus gives this print a wonderful 3-D feeling.
Black Dog: So sharp I can almost touch the grasses. Normandy is a special place for beauty and history.
Tim Gray: I like your title. The women's facial expressions says it all. What a novel way of printing, two frames on one card.
Mike Wilde: Nice image. I am impressed that you do your own RA-4 printing. Nicely done! I am glad that the post office did not rip off the back sheet when the card began to delaminate. I can see the impression of your tacking iron, but it looks like the remaining dry-mount tissue was not mounted. In any case I am glad the card arrived in one peice.

Regards,
Darwin

crispinuk
02-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Can you give us Simon's address again, so he can be included?

I've dug them out of another thread and added them to the Sticky "Introduction and Schedules" (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/26912-apug-postcard-exchange-introduction-schedules.html#post757280) thread.

thomsonrc
02-22-2009, 04:49 PM
My postcards will go out tomorrow.

Ritchie

Síle
02-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Having not managed to keep up with posting on cards last round, I'm starting as I mean (hope) to go on .. by commenting on the weeks photo's as I receive them..

Mark Fisher The store window is just fantastic, so clear you can even see the stitches! Really gorgeous shot.. I'm not so sure about that scary looking monkey in the background though.. I'm not so sure I'd bring him home with me!
Blackdog The shell is a wonderful subject and the light that falls on it is just gorgeous, beautifully captured.
Bwakel I love this.. Trees, mist and fences disappearing into the distance are three of my favourite subjects, so you've hit all the right buttons.. I'm with Pete H on this though, how can you think you took too many of these?
Drpsilver The shack is a gorgeous subject as it is, but the toning is icing on the cake.. beautiful print.
JohnnyWalker I instantly recognised Dakota when I saw the print knew it was yours.. You're lucky to have such a photogenic model so close to hand! Gorgeous photo.
Tim Gray Your new glass neg carried worked wonderfully.. great shots and so reminiscent of many of my own family occasions over the years.. Your card made me smile!
MikeWilde I was delighted to see a colour print in the exchange! I could almost guess the year it was taken by the colours, clothes and style of the shot, fantastic!

Allen Friday
02-23-2009, 12:31 PM
The cards from Shannon Friday are in today's mail. I am printing my set and hope to have them in the mail in a few days.

Pete H
02-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Tim Gray's card arrived today. The two frames together make a good story, and I also enjoy the facial expressions.

My cards are hanging up to dry even as I type, so they'll be out soon.

cheers
Pete