PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 16 Results and Feedback ...

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Tim Gray
02-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Black Dog - Very nice usage of D3200. I like placement of the photo on the paper too.
Mike Wilde - statement of Kodak's current condition? :D Nice usage of bargain material...

drpsilver
02-23-2009, 10:06 PM
23 Feb 2009

Sile:

Thank you for you kind words. I really enjoy looking for subjects that might have a story to tell.

I just received JohnnyWalker's card with a protrait of Dakota. She must be a wonderful partner as well as a good subject (for your portrait work). Beautiful dog and very nice print.:) For curiosity sake what breed is she?

Regards,
Darwin

Jon King
02-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Mike Wilde's postcard arrived today - I appreciate the uncommon, for the postcard exchange, use of colour, as well as the now obvious harbinger of Kodak's struggles :(

wazza
02-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Completed my darkroom duties today with all cards leaving tomorrow on their long journey to the northern hemisphere. (there are three cards staying in Australia)

Regards
Wazza

Black Dog
02-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Cards recieved so far:

Watership Down by Bwakel-mistily atmospheric and brings back fond memories of the book.
Balloon by Mike Wilde-the slipping banner is very apt!
Monkeys by Mark Fisher-which one is Johnny Vegas [a comedian from North of England way who appeared in sundry ads with a stuffed monkey btw]?You can almost imagine the conversation.....
Angry at salad by Tim Gray-ah, the joys of family gettogethers!
Coolamine Homestead by Trotkiller-like the gaping mouth of some unknown monster...

Thanks to all for their comments on my cards.:D

johnnywalker
02-24-2009, 11:13 PM
23 Feb 2009
I just received JohnnyWalker's card with a protrait of Dakota. She must be a wonderful partner as well as a good subject (for your portrait work). Beautiful dog and very nice print.:) For curiosity sake what breed is she?

Regards,
Darwin

Darned if I know. I suspect a bit of Labrador, and her previous servant said she had some wolf in her. She may have but it can't be much as she's only about 55 lbs. She is a great partner and I can take her anywhere without fear of her chasing things or leaving my side. She's almost 5 now, and I've had her since she was one.

Pete H
02-25-2009, 12:13 PM
JohnnyWalker's portrait of Dakota arrived today. Darwin said it - beautiful dog and nice print.

Pete

BirgerA
02-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Hello all

So far I've received the following:
Barrys (bwakel) nice landscape from Watership down
Mark Fishers store window, my daughter loved it.
Mike Wildes Hot air ballon
Tim Grays double portratit of angry at salad, angry at me
Jakes (Black Dog) interior shot of a reflection
Darwins (drpsilver) rundown shack.

Thanks to all, it's still as fun as the first one I took part in.

Regards

Birger A.

Tim Gray
02-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Trotkiller - wonderful texture and detail in your print.

BWKate
02-25-2009, 07:58 PM
I received 4 postcards in one day!!! That was fun!
So far I have received:
Mark Fisher: Store window sock monkeys, great subject and I'm sure the series of store windows will be very interesting.
Mike Wilde:First colour postcard in a very long time. Mine are also colour!! I found these archival paper backs to stick onto the photos to make them postcards. We'll see how they work. Like your image of the Kodak balloon!
Drpsilver: Beautifully toned image of a run down shack. Lots of texture and well done!
Tim Gray: Love the two images put together. My son gives me that look more often than I'd like. I also have a glass negative carrier and they are great!
Black Dog: Remains of a WW2 bunker. I really enjoy your series of images of what remains in some former war locations. Well done!
Johnny Walker: Portrait of Dakota is an awesome image of what looks to be a very lovable dog.
Sly: Beautiful IR shot of some buildings in a seaside English town. Love the late afternoon light raking across the typically English buildings....I would so love to go to England...someday I will!

sly
02-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Kate - That was quick! I just mailed those yesterday! Helps to be just the other side of the Malahat. So near and yet so far.

Allen Friday
02-25-2009, 09:45 PM
I put my cards in the mail today.

Allen

Pete H
02-26-2009, 03:14 AM
My cards are in the post.

cheers
Pete

Jon King
02-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Trotkiller's shutter - great texture with the lighting and your printing. JohnnyWalker's portrait of Dakota - a great pose and wonderful printing of the lighter tones.

My cards went in the mail yesterday. I printed 3 different cards this time, all from the same series of photos though. Each time I went into the darkroom to print the postcards, I felt like trying a different negative, so I did! I'll post all three to the print exchange gallery in a week or so, just in case anyone is curious what the other two looked like.

Tim Gray
02-26-2009, 05:56 PM
I got Shannon Friday's lovely boat picture today. You guys have cool boats in NZ...

Mark Fisher
02-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Just received Johnny Walker's Dakota.....amazing portrait. Beautiful dog.

Pete H
02-27-2009, 02:04 AM
Trotkiller's wooden shutter arrived yesterday. The texture of the wood is great.

Pete

Pete H
02-27-2009, 11:28 AM
A card arrived from Ritchie (thomsonrc) today. All those different sets of parallel lines make a great pattern.

cheers
Pete

johnnywalker
02-27-2009, 04:16 PM
I've received 6 cards so far:
Jake Williams' WWII bunker - Nature's patience has won out in the end, lets hope that can continue with our current man vs. nature problem;
Mark's store window picture of the stocking figures, very nicely done;
Darwin's abandoned shack - nicely toned. I always wonder what stories these old structures have to tell;
Mike's Kodak balloon - nice allegory. To think that Kodak could have provided everything needed to make this print, including the subject;
Sile's gondola. Nice placement of the Gondola. The picture gives the feeling of cold and wet all right;
Sly's picture of the English seaside buildings - very effective composition and use of infrared.

nuckabean
03-02-2009, 12:23 AM
Got 2 in so far.

Mark Fisher, very nice picture. Love the detail in the monkeys. Great out of focus area too.
Jon King, When I first saw your print I thought I was looking at a 4x5 contact print. I don't think I've ever seen such crisp results and broad tonal range from 35mm before. Do you use Pyrocat HD with fp4 often? I'd love to hear more.

Mine are printed and addressed and just need to be mailed out. They don't live up to anything I've seen yet, but I hope you all won't be to dissapointed.