PDA

View Full Version : Photo Safari in Virginia

Pages : 1 [2]

dwdmguy
02-18-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm so excited about coming down with my boy. Richard said he's more then welcome which made me even more excited. I really love the area and really like the idea of meeting you all.
I also very happy about my return to film. It's proven to be just right for me.
Please let me know when you are coming close to nailing down dates so I can block it off.
Best,
Tom

RPippin
02-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Just to keep folks up to date on the photo shoot planned here in Virginia. Kieth and I went to Swananoah today to explore and do a preliminary shoot. Ignoring the no trespassing sighns we ventured up to the mansion and met the caretakers. The place offers some unique shots. Nothing like a decaying old mansion with lots of marble and a lot of old gardens to shoot. We spent a couple of hours until I thought I heard banjos playing. We packed up and went looking for Phil Delaney, the go to guy to set up a shoot for later. We just missed him at the Inn at Afton, but did find out about the availability of rooms at the Inn. It's a bit rundown but they do rent rooms. More will be revealed later. I'll post the details when I hear from Phil. At this point I'm thinking about the middle of May for the gathering.

keithwms
02-21-2009, 04:41 PM
At this point I would like to assert my 5th amendment right not to confirm Richard's admission of trespass.

photobum
03-02-2009, 10:41 AM
I tried looking up some info on "Swannanoa". What little I could find sounds interesting. You also have Crabtree Falls nearby, the highest falls east of the Mississippi.

Tom, did you do a APUG shoot with the NY/NJ crew in Asbury Park in June of '05?

RPippin, I tried to e-mail about motorcycles/photography. Address would not take.

dwdmguy
03-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Photobum, I did in fact shoot in Asbury Park around '05 but it was not with the APUG group, it was an assignment for the Gay Pride parade. OMG, it has photo ops every where you turn.

msdemanche
03-06-2009, 03:46 PM
May sounds good. I just hope it will fit with the end of my semester. I will keep my fingers crossed.
Michel

Christopher Walrath
03-08-2009, 11:48 AM
I've got off second week of May. I might be able to slip away for a day. 14th through 16th, though, I'm out. Don't let that stop you. Wife MIGHT understand long photography day trip, not on our anniversary

RPippin
03-19-2009, 07:56 PM
To all who have been following our efforts, check the forum on Workshops for further details.