PDA

View Full Version : Bergheil lens to Sinar adapter?

Soeren
02-18-2009, 02:59 AM
We have seen some atempts on making 4X5" backs fit on 9X12 plate cameras but since the Heliar on my Bergheil is interchangeable I was thinking , maybe a lensboard for my Sinar could be adapted to take the Heliar?
Any one don that?
Sugestions?
Kind regards

nemo999
02-18-2009, 03:19 AM
We have seen some atempts on making 4X5" backs fit on 9X12 plate cameras but since the Heliar on my Bergheil is interchangeable I was thinking , maybe a lensboard for my Sinar could be adapted to take the Heliar?
Any one don that?
Sugestions?
Kind regards

A Sinar can be made to accept absolutely any lens which does not need a panel bigger than 14 cm square. Panels ready-cut with standard size holes are freely available on e-bay (from China) and also of course from Sinar itself. A guy in Switzerland called Peter Nowak
nowak@intercortex.com
makes repro panels and will cut odd-size holes if you need this.

PS: I see you have already been given his name on a Scandinavian page!

PHOTOTONE
02-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Sure, if you are handy with tools you can make an adaptor lensboard. The Sinar has basically flat lensboards. I have made an adaptor (using the front standard from an old Crown Graphic) to use Crown Graphic lensboards. It should be easy for you if you have basic woodworking/metalworking skills.

Ole
02-19-2009, 04:48 PM
I don't know about the 135mm Heliar, but the 150mm Heliar on the Bergheils is in a standard-size Comput #1 shutter. Any lensboard drilled for a #1 shutter will do. Of course putting a proper Bergheil bayonet mount on a Sinar lens board is the most elegant way...

Soeren
02-20-2009, 01:10 AM
I don't know about the 135mm Heliar, but the 150mm Heliar on the Bergheils is in a standard-size Comput #1 shutter. Any lensboard drilled for a #1 shutter will do. Of course putting a proper Bergheil bayonet mount on a Sinar lens board is the most elegant way...

Yes Ole thats the point. I don't want to go all the way but would like to be able to use the lens on both cameras.
Kind regards

walter23
02-26-2009, 04:53 PM
I think you just need three posts and a springy clasp, right? Maybe you could find some screws with heads that match the post size and use those as posts. Not quite perfect, but might work. Then you just need a springy clasp.

Soeren
02-27-2009, 01:36 AM
Yes, apart from the spring clasp and being accurate enough when placing the three posts it looks easy enough.

Oh how is that rhyme from "It"
He ................his fists against the post
And......................... he saw a ghost

Hmm back on topic :)
Kind regards