PDA

View Full Version : Temporary lens swap wanted in L.A. Sinar DB or regular 75mm needed.

2F/2F
03-07-2009, 02:36 AM
Hello,

I need a 75mm (or 72mm) large format lens for a project that I will be shooting through the end of May. I need it on a Sinar board in its own shutter, or in a DB mount. It would be great to do a temporary trade with a local APUGer. I am in Los Angeles. I suppose the trade could be done by mail as well, if needed.

If you have the lens, but not a Sinar board, I can rent or purchase a board for it.

I have the following large format lenses to trade for the three months:

Rodenstock Grandagon 90mm f/4.5 in DB mount
Schneider Super-Angulon 121mm f/8.0 in DBM mount (the M makes the aperture controllable on any camera, and you can use a hat for a shutter, or flash)
Rodenstock Sironar S 210mm f/5.6 in DB mount
Schneider Symmar S 240mm f/5.6 in DB mount
Schneider Symmar S 360mm f/6.8 in DB mount
Schneider/Linhof Tele-Xenar 180mm f/5.5 on Graflex press board (Designed for the baby Graflexes, but does cover 4x5 with soft edges and no movements, especially in close focus situations. It makes very beautiful close-up images, actually.)
Unmounted Wolly 90mm f/6.8 in Graphex shutter
Unmounted Kodak Copying Ektanon 540mm f/11 barrel lens
Unmounted old meniscus barrel lens that I got from Jim Galli not too long ago

I also have a B&J Grover 8x10 with 5x7 and 4x5 backs that I am not using any time soon. I have two lens boards for it, one of which accepts the 540mm listed above.

On the way from eBay, just because it was such a great deal and I want a manual aperture on a 240 for my shutterless 5x7, is a Nikkor-W 240mm f/5.6 in DBM mount.

See anything on this list that you would like to use in the next three months?

I take good care of my large format stuff, and would take even better care of your lens while it is in my possession.

Thank you for your consideration.