PDA

View Full Version : Glass Plate Photography: Special Edition Book...

vickersdc
03-07-2009, 05:13 AM
It's available NOW! This special edition Glass Plate Photography book, created to raise money for charity. It is available from our storefront (http://stores.lulu.com/creativeimagemaker) over at Lulu; it has 42 pages of articles, images, inspiration and information from some of the most well-known individuals in this area of photography - Denise Ross and Quinn Jacobson have both kindly written extensive articles about glass plate photography (and supplied images too), along with additional work by Bernt LÝve Nielsen, Michael Waite, Jay Truman, Bruce Schultz and also from the National Museum Wales and Penobscot Marine Museum. It's also printed in colour.

The chosen charity, Woodlarks, helps disabled children and adults to try out new adventures, whether it's singing around a camp fire or water-skiing! They are currently trying to raise £1.5m to upgrade the very old buildings to accommodate new facilities.

This book is available for free PDF download (130MB) as I recognise that not everyone will want to purchase it, or indeed may not be able to purchase it - but I really hope that you will support both the charity and Creative Image Maker and raise some cash. Whether you choose to download, or purchase, I do hope that you enjoy reading the book.

Thank you,
David Vickers.

Prest_400
03-07-2009, 05:53 AM
Nice, I'm downloading it.
If I had the power of money independence, I'd put some cash. But I don't.

vickersdc
03-07-2009, 06:08 AM
No problem Prest_400 - I hope you enjoy reading through it; maybe at a later stage when funds allow you'll be able to purchase a paper copy (all the money goes to charity - well the chunk that isn't taken by Lulu!).

Enjoy it, and once you've gone through it, please give us your feedback.

Cheers,
David.

doughowk
03-07-2009, 07:32 AM
Ordered the printed version, and am perusing the pdf version. Recently acquired and repaired a 7X17 plate holder. Plan to try it out with liquid emulsion, so your special edition is timely. Thanks for putting it together.

gandolfi
03-07-2009, 08:13 AM
Downloading as we speak.
When I have my net banking in order, I'll buy a hard copy.

thanks for this.

EDIT: the downloading doesn't seem to work... Nothing is happening.
I'll try later, but for now: nothing

vickersdc
03-07-2009, 08:30 AM
@doughowk: Thank you for purchasing a copy - I hope you enjoy it. Funnily enough, I've just got my Pony Premo #4 plate camera up and running so it's given a bit of inspiration too!

@gandolfi: let me know how you get on - if you continue to have problems I'll sort it out so that you could download from the main Creative Image Maker website.

luvcameras
03-07-2009, 09:11 AM
To download easily - right click on the "DOWNLOAD NOW" link at lulu, and the click "save target as" and save it to your drive. Sometimes, it helps if you have adobe reader open on your pc before doing this...

Nice work BTW !

thank you.

Dan

Jim Noel
03-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Same problem as Gandolfi. Two attempts to download and nothing is happening,

vickersdc
03-07-2009, 12:53 PM
OK, for those of you that are having problems with downloading from Lulu, I will put a link from the main CiM website and you can download it from there instead (the PDF will be hosted on the main website as well).

That should be done within the next few hours - so either try downloading from http://creativeimagemaker later this evening, or tomorrow morning. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for making me aware of this problem and giving me the chance to sort something out!
David.

gandolfi
03-07-2009, 06:57 PM
To download easily - right click on the "DOWNLOAD NOW" link at lulu, and the click "save target as" and save it to your drive. Sometimes, it helps if you have adobe reader open on your pc before doing this...

Nice work BTW !

thank you.

Dan

I did as suggested, and this worked fine! (took a little time, but that's ok.)

Thanks for this suggestion!

doughowk
03-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Just received my copy from LuLu today. Very impressive and well-done. In this all-too digital age, its nice to have a paper copy in hand; and very apropros given the media.

Contrastique
03-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Thank you! Just ordered a copy, I am looking forward!!

vickersdc
03-20-2009, 09:55 AM
I received my own paper copy of the magazine a few days ago, and i was actually rather pleased with the Lulu quality - it was the one concern I had, but the images came out great, paper quality was pretty good and overall I'm quite pleased with it.

Even my wife took a look (trying to see what it was that had taken all my spare time up!), and she commented on the good quality and that it was 'more than magazine, but not quite a book' - which makes it a "bozine" I think..?

I hope you enjoy the book (bozine) - in the first 5 days of it being made available there were over 9,000 downloads. Now, if all you people that downloaded it, would buy a copy that would be great! ;-)

Please, let me have more comments so that I can improve the next one, which is currently being planned.

David.

Sanjay Sen
03-20-2009, 11:29 AM
I just ordered a copy of the book from Lulu.com, and downloaded the PDF version as well. I prefer reading a book/magazine the old-fashioned way! :)

Thank you for doing this.

Best wishes,
Sanjay

studiocarter
05-29-2009, 08:20 AM
My copy of the "book" arrived and is a welcome addition to saved and unread web pages. My laptop is not portable enough to take into the "library" to read so a hard copy is very valuable. Thanks for the effort and I'll soon be making new pictures that old way.
Michael