PDA

View Full Version : Alt Print Exchange Round 9, May 2009

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

CarlRadford
08-05-2009, 07:26 AM
Print arrived from Diane today! Many thanks indeed - wonderful image and the process you have chosen brings out he subtle qualities of light on texture.

colrehogan
08-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Glad to hear that it arrived safely! I really enjoyed your print as well.

FredW
08-07-2009, 12:58 AM
Just received an excellent print from Ruediger. Thanks very much.

Fred.

Gustavo_Castilla
08-07-2009, 01:04 AM
Just got back from Santa Fe and need to get the address of the people I need to send prints to
can you please sen me your Info !!

sly
08-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Finally got my prints in the mail. Sorry for the delay.

Curious Canadian postal fact. It was cheaper to send one thousands of miles by air to Germany than a few hundred miles by regular post within Canada. (The one the the US was the cheapest.)

sly
08-18-2009, 04:58 PM
Rudiger - I got your print last week. Very different tones from a kallitype I've recieved from someone else. That's one of the things that keeps alt printing so endlessly fascinating.
I like the composition and the shadows in the photo. Thanks for sending it. Anyone recieved my print yet?

Gustavo_Castilla
08-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Again I am sorry but I lost track of whom I am sending print/s too can you please email me directly

FredW
08-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Again I am sorry but I lost track of whom I am sending print/s too can you please email me directly

You are in group 2:

Group 2

Diane - colrehogan
Carl - CarlRadford
Allen - Allen Friday
Gustavo - Gustavo_Castilla

FredW
08-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Just received in the mail, a great gum over cyanotype print from Lillian (sly). Thank you, both my wife and daughter both really like the print.

colrehogan
08-18-2009, 10:42 PM
So far, I've received a print from Carl and both Carl and Allen have received my prints.

colrehogan
09-15-2009, 07:56 AM
I received a print from Allen in yesterday's mail. It is a lovely (and big) pt/pd print. I am curious as to what the focal length of the lens used for the image was.

TheFlyingCamera
09-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Ok ok... I'm finally getting around to printing. I started over the weekend, and I'll finish up this week. It's pretty pathetic when you have to get sick enough to stay home from work to get your printing done, isn't it?

colrehogan
09-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Ok ok... I'm finally getting around to printing. I started over the weekend, and I'll finish up this week. It's pretty pathetic when you have to get sick enough to stay home from work to get your printing done, isn't it?

Yes, it is. :D Seriously, hope you feel better soon! :)

TheFlyingCamera
09-27-2009, 07:10 PM
ok- I'm finally done with printing my images. I managed to ruin a couple negatives because I was rushing to try and get something done, so I had to re-think several times what I was going to do. In the end, my finished image is a panoramic triptych showing Iguazu Falls in Argentina. I'll find something to ship it in this week and get them in the mail by this coming weekend.

FredW
09-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Good to hear Scott, I will start the next round next week, probably.

TheFlyingCamera
10-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Ok- prints are in the mail, should be arriving swiftly as I sent them Priority Mail.

TheFlyingCamera
10-23-2009, 03:19 PM
I apologize to all my print recipients - I forgot to include the blurb about the print in the packages.

The print is a platinum/palladium print, roughly 40% platinum, 60% palladium, on Bergger COT320 paper. The image is a tryptich panorama of 5x7 negatives taken at Iguazu Falls in Argentina, from the Argentinian side of the river. The view was taken in the dry season, with the falls at approximately 30% of capacity. The vignetting is from using a Fuji 300T telephoto lens, which has an image circle that barely covers 5x7, and having applied some front rise. I think it works aesthetically in this case.

Here is a link to the image, which I had posted in my gallery here - Iguazu Falls Tryptich (http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=30749&catid=member&orderby=dateline&direction=DESC&imageuser=6785&cutoffdate=-1) . Pardon the scan, which doesn't really do the print justice.

FredW
10-23-2009, 10:03 PM
I have just received the beautiful print from Scott. Thank you.