PDA

View Full Version : Forte Polywarmtone

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Alex Hawley
03-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Forte PW was my paper of choice until it was discontinued. I did not stock up because I don't do things that way. I began searching for a replacement. I have not found one, so I would be very interested in exploring a new version; but today cost becomes an important ingredient.

Same for me except I had just decided to use it as my sole paper when it was discontinued. I ws buying the re-branded J&C Polywarmtone which was more economical here in the USA than the branded Forte was.

However, I would be torn between using Polywarmtone and MCC so I would need to sample both. Is MCC available in the USA yet? I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

Tom Kershaw
03-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Alex,

I posted a sample of a Adox MCC print in my APUG gallery, for all you can tell from a quick scan. My understanding is that MCC is not yet available to purchase.

Tom.

largely
03-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Yes please, I'd like some. Would tomorrow be too soon?

Larry

sage
03-26-2009, 11:56 PM
This would be really awesome, what about the film?

WarEaglemtn
03-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Are you talking the Polywarmtone fibre from the past few years or the earlier version with Cadmium in it? If it is the Cadmium version I would love to have it back. Looked like tanned leather it was so smooth and rich. After they took the Cadmium out I bought one box, saw it had changed markedly for the worse and never bought any again.

Forte Polygrade V I would buy again in a heartbeat. One of the finest printing papers I have used in almost 40 years of printing.

Sanjay Sen
03-27-2009, 01:52 AM
Count me in too, please.

Pete H
03-27-2009, 03:45 AM
Yes! The matt version was my favourite for lith.

Solarize
03-27-2009, 05:18 AM
I'd be very happy with PWT. I'd be even happier with the return of Fortezo Gr. 3 Glossy.

Same here. My stock is dwindling!

Ciaran

Jean Noire
03-27-2009, 05:27 AM
Question 1: Does anyone out there want Polywarmtone back ?

Question 1a: If yes will you still buy it if it is sold at about the price of Variotone ?

Why am I asking when with MCC we will have a perfect neutral- to warm-tone paper and with Variotone we have a brilliant warmtone enlarging paper ?

Because.... we donīt have a variable contrast silver chloride warmtone paper which can be lith developed.
Also we had a long tradition with this paper in our company.

ADOX has purchased the Forte PW replicator (emulsion making equipment) in 2007 and licensed the technology in 2008. But sofar we have not pushed the project because of the high costs involved in dismanteling and mooving the equipment.
It will be a highly complex procedure to remanufacture this paper because we will have to set up the replicator in our factory in Bad Saarow were we will make the raw emulsion. The emulsion will then need to be shipped to our partners to Monheim near Leverkusen. There it will be finalized and coated.
The rolls then need to be shipped back for converting to us.

By the time we are ready to sell the paper the price will be much higher then what it was when Forte still produced it all in house.

From a German market perspektive Polywarmtone was the cheapest high quality paper available and thus successfull. In the US Polywarmtone was never really cheap and still successfull.

So feedback from US customers is valuable for us in the decision making process.

Kind regards,

Mirko

Although not a US customer, I would welcome the decision to make PWT available in the UK as well.
I only have some Fortezzo museum left now which is fixed grade 3 and really miss PWT, it was the only paper I used and have found, with Fortezzo, no other like them.
If a viable commercial proposition I would love to have this available in the UK.
Regards,
John.

catem
03-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Also from the U.K. -
I would certainly be interested in trying a 'replacement' Polywarmtone.
For lith, I have found that Fomatone MG Classic can give results that are very similar to PWT, so price and availability would be an issue. I may be as much or more interested in it as a regular paper.

eclarke
03-27-2009, 07:41 AM
Yes, I will buy..Evan Clarke

Adrian Twiss
03-27-2009, 08:14 AM
I would certainly use it. Whilst I never liked the RC version (especially its colour shift in selenium), I was very impressed with the fibre based version.

Now, what about polygrade?

rst
03-27-2009, 09:43 AM
I'd be interested too. If you can make it: Make it!

Cheers
Ruediger

hka
03-28-2009, 10:55 AM
I would like to get back the PW14. But I have one remark about better consistency between the different badges. Some times you get a realy excellent performing paper and if you buy later on some new boxes you can throw them right in the (learn)bin.
Price tag between Kentmere and Ilford FBWT would be fine.
I wish you the best with this project and also the MCC

zinzin
03-29-2009, 09:17 AM
yes please

Peter Spangenberg
03-29-2009, 09:28 AM
I never used PWT, but Fortezo G2 and G3 are my favorites. I would buy tomorrow. Can we dream about the film?

Mahler_one
03-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the information concerning the paper. With reference to the decision to proceed with the manufacture of the paper, what Adox MIGHT consider doing is what has been done with the reintroduction of Azo paper under the Lodima imprimatur. Adox might ask for firm orders secured by credit cards which will only be charged when the paper is produced, and shipped. In that way those who say they will buy and use the paper have already committed themselves. The company will then have some firm orders on hand, and at least can make an informed choice about whether or not to implement their manufacturing plans. If Adox does not receive enough "pre-market orders" then the "market" will have "spoken" and Adox will have spared itself unnecessary expense and effort. One understands that the current market for analog products is limited. It would appear difficult for any company that is involved with the manufacture of enlarging papers to know with any certainty how a "new product" will be received, and sell. Simply my opinion without a value judgement concerning the merits of the paper in question. Furthermore, obviously I am NOT impugning the motives of any here who say they will use the paper, and then might decide to use a different product. However, what would Adox do with the boxes of paper they make if those who have said they will definitely use the paper say "no thanks" after the paper comes to market? In the current economic times, can any company making enlarging papers afford to take the chance of being "stuck" with boxes of unsold paper?

Ed

jbridges
03-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Please bring it back. Thanks.

Resoman
03-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Hi, Mirko -

I'm in the US and am anxiously waiting for your MCC 111 to become available, as it was my main paper when AGFA still produced it. When I ran out of MCC, I turned to my minute stock of Forte PWT, which I found to be much more versatile than I had expected.

Anyway, I would/will buy both of these papers when they become available. Cost is a factor, of course, but I'm prepared to pay premium prices for my materials.

FWIW, I only print VC and am not interested in lith printing.

Gary,
East Snook, TX

Terence
03-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Yes, yes, yes.