PDA

View Full Version : Forte Polywarmtone

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

argentic
03-30-2009, 02:39 AM
Yes, I would like it back, and I'm willing to buy it at the price of Ilford Warmtone FB.

ADOX Fotoimpex
03-30-2009, 08:59 AM
Thank you all for the detailed feedback we now have a clearer picture of the situation.

We will make a calculation now and then I will post which amount of paper needs to be sold in order to make the project possible.

Someone mentioned Michaelīs and Paulas project. This was a great idea of the two in order to keep Azo allive.

We might do something similar with quantities.

Feel free to keep giving feedback.
I will check in here on a regular basis and post more information in about a week.

Best regards,

Mirko

laparn
03-30-2009, 10:01 AM
WOW!
Rumours are spread even in Sweden and I recently got this thread sent to me by a friend.
Polywarmtone? YES INDEED! Irreplacable!

Pretty much love the current Foma Fomatone for lith and also the Kentmere Fineprint Warmtone Finegrain Fb which appearentely lith up similar to the discontinued Forte Polywarmtone. But, hey, the PW14 rocks and I would sell the car for a re-birth. Do it!

/Per

kman627
03-30-2009, 10:16 AM
I'd absolutely want it back, even at an increased price.

Andrew Moxom
03-30-2009, 10:39 AM
I'll join the choir here and say YES PLEASE! PWT matt and glossy is the best paper by a large mile. It would be my standard paper over FOMA if I could get it.

BobNewYork
03-30-2009, 11:26 AM
There's no doubt that it was a beautiful paper. I'll take a few boxes.

Bob H

billy
04-01-2009, 06:21 PM
i've heard from my photo product dealer in toronto that forte employees have reformed into a new company, and will be producing forte formula papers as "Agentone". my dealer says that he is getting a shipment in May 2009...

ath
04-02-2009, 05:55 AM
i've heard from my photo product dealer in toronto that forte employees have reformed into a new company, and will be producing forte formula papers as "Agentone". my dealer says that he is getting a shipment in May 2009...

I guess you are talking about argentone (http://www.kindai-inc.co.jp/img_papaer/ARGENTONE%20POLYWARM%20FB%20Data-sheet.pdf)?

That datasheet looks like a copy of Fomas Fomatone (http://www.foma.cz/Upload/foma/prilohy/F_tone_en.pdf).

billy
04-02-2009, 07:49 AM
That would appear to be correct ath! my hearing must be going with age...

so, is this Argentone a new paper, and does it have some of the Forte "team" behind it? i'm clearly not familiar with it at all. i think that when my dealer said that a Forte-esque paper was being re born i probably went into La LA Land! i'm a huge fan of Forte Polywarmtone, and was devestated when they folded. i, like many who have responded here, are grasping for any positive news re: a rebirth of sorts for these Forte papers...

ooze
04-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Would the new PWT have the same paper base as the old one? I'm asking because the base of the old PWT was very heavy and added to the high quality feel IMO.

palec
04-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Fortezo or PWT, I'm in. Can I place my preorder now? :)

Guillaume Zuili
04-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Out of subject but...
Could you think of making a POP paper ?
That would be fantastic !
:-)
Guillaume

alt photophile
04-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Forte Polywarmtone FB semi-matt was my absolute favorite paper and it breaks my heart that it is gone. If you could produce it now it would be a dream come true. The semi-matt surface was perfect and I really like the warm tone I got in LPD. Please let us know your decision.

Justin Maramba
04-13-2009, 06:49 AM
Polywarmtone would be amazing to have, since most of the lith stuff I've seen from it is amazing. On an unrelated note, AGFA Portriga paper would also be great.

billy
04-14-2009, 07:51 AM
I found a photo (number 18 out of 40, or "jp08_1740") showing an analog shop in japan displaying what looks to be labelled as "Argentone" print paper under the Forte banner!

http://www.photoness.de/yodo_analog/

i'm still trying to get info on this Argentone paper and if it in fact has the Forte connection my paper dealer claims. ie. that ex Forte employees are behind Argentone and are using Forte formulas to produce Forte-like papers under the Argentone name. Anyone know more about Argentone?

ath
04-14-2009, 08:37 AM
I guess it is a good idea to start a seperate thread for Argentone.

This is the ADOX section of APUG and a thread about future demand of Polywarmtone.

Andrew Moxom
04-14-2009, 09:27 AM
Mirko, I know this all 'tentative' at the moment and all based upon how high a high demand for this paper. That said, if this can be done, what time frame are we talking about. I'm not trying to rock the boat, or detract from the opportunity that remaking PWT might become, but the MCCIII reintroduction took a similar path, and we still don't have it available for sale yet even after almost two years of waiting.

billy
04-15-2009, 07:09 AM
ath...the main gist of this thread is about the possible return of Forte Papers, Polywarmtone paper included, as you mentioned. my post was about that very possibility. it would seem to me to make sense that i post my questions about Argentone here, as my understanding is that they are producing their own version of a warmtone paper based on the same process as Forte, including the Polywarmtone paper. Isn't the return of that paper (and other Forte papers) what everyone in this post is asking for? posting another thread on Argentone doesn't make sense to me here. i apologize if you may be feeling that i am raining on another manufacturers parade here, but for me it's all about getting the Forte papers back, period. if my source is wrong about the Argentone/Forte connection, perhaps someone familiar with the Forte papers would be reading this post and could clear this up..billy

ADOX Fotoimpex
04-16-2009, 01:47 PM
thank you all for your encouraging support.
Now we are going to test you a bit more ;-)

We launched a new website www.polywarmton.com were you can read more about the project and register to commit to the purchase of paper.
If we receive enough commitments we will start remanufacturing the paper.
If we succeed we ask you to pay based on your commitment after the paper is ready for shippment (and will ship, ofcourse).

If we fail nothing happens for you other than that no Polywarmtone will be available.
I also opened a new thread for this project to post questions:
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum249/61194-polywarmtone-project-register-here.html

Best regards,

Mirko

Solarize
04-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Mirko,

I've just gone through the site to register my interest in the project. There are no 9.5 x 12 inch boxes listed in the menu. Is there a chance that the paper could be sold in that size too?

Thanks,
Ciaran