PDA

View Full Version : Forte Polywarmtone

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

ADOX Fotoimpex
04-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Argentone is a new brand set up by our friends from the former commercial departement of Forte.
They have selected some very fine papers for their range. However these papers are not made in Hungary and they are not based on Fortes original technology.

I hope this helps clearing some mist.

Best regards,

Mirko

ADOX Fotoimpex
04-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Solarize,

the metric formats are listed on the German registration site.

Did not think this would cause any trouble ;-)

Will change.

Best regards,

Mirko

Jim Chinn
04-18-2009, 09:40 AM
I bought quite a bit of polywarmtone back in the day due to its pricing and characteristics. However I thnk I would still be in the market even if it was priced comparable to Ilford WT.

Solarize
05-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Solarize,

the metric formats are listed on the German registration site.

Did not think this would cause any trouble ;-)

Will change.

Best regards,

Mirko

Thanks Mirko,

Placed an order and wait with optimism :-)

Ciaran

robindreyer
06-11-2009, 12:01 PM
I love that paper and have been pondering exactly what to do with my last 100 sheets. If all you decide to make is MCC, I'll be using that, but the combination of true warmtones on a bright white base has not, as far as I know, been replicated. I will buy.

thanks,

Robin

RPippin
06-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Count me in. I do a lot of Lith printing and used the last three packs I could find this past winter. Would love to get more. Put me down for at least 100 sheets of 11X14 to start.

ath
06-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Robin, Variotone is a true warmtone paper on a bright white base but quite different to Polywarmtone.

aldevo
06-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Yes, Polywarmtone is great stuff.

I only discovered the paper near the end of Forte's life, and I was heartsick when production ceased.

I have committed to several 8x10 boxes.

clayne
10-17-2009, 03:34 AM
Really want Polywarmtone back. :-(

Vlad Soare
02-17-2010, 04:15 AM
Question 1: Does anyone out there want Polywarmtone back ? Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! :D

Question 1a: If yes will you still buy it if it is sold at about the price of Variotone ?Definitely. If Polywarmtone came back to life I would never buy any other paper. Polywarmtone is all I need.

Why am I asking when with MCC we will have a perfect neutral- to warm-tone paper and with Variotone we have a brilliant warmtone enlarging paper ?Because Variotone is not Polywarmtone. It's a nice paper, but it's not as responsive to toners and to different developers and developing techniques as Polywarmtone was. I'm sure an experienced printer can make Variotone look any way he wants it to, but just about any printer could to that with Polywarmtone with a lot less effort.

Mark Fisher
05-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Any new news? I was just desperately trying to print an image I originally did as a polywarmtone lith print on Fomatone and failed miserably. Please bring it back! I like Fomatone, but it isn't the same!

Ian Grant
05-16-2010, 04:11 AM
I'm down to my last 150 sheets, so looking forward to the revival as it's such a great paper. So like Mark await the news.

Ian

swittmann
05-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Fortezo (fixed grade) and Polywarmtone use the same technology and can both be made from the raw emulsion made in the replicator.
So if there is demand for more than 10.000 sqm per year/grade we can also add the fixed grade version. But all of them together (PW and graded versions) have to justify the moove.
Its economics now. Nothing else. We currently consider a raise of sales leads similar to what Michael and Paula have done for their Lodima paper.

Kind regards,

Mirko

Mirko, I'd also be *very* interested in the graded version. It has always been my favourite paper. Do you see some chance to manufacture it again, along with the PWT? I am running out of my last sheets... :( *fleh an*

Viele Gre
Sandra

topoxforddoc
05-31-2010, 12:26 PM
Mirko,

It will be a memorable day when PWT comes back. Great paper (my favourite warmtone paper) and it was very sad when it disappeared. How is the PWT project going? There's been no update on the PWT Project blog for a few months, since the transfer of the kettle. I've ordered quite a bit and would like to know how long I need to eke out my remaining supplies.

Best wishes,

Charlie
www.charlie-chan.co.uk

Adrian Twiss
06-01-2010, 02:48 AM
I would certainly be interested in Polywarmtone in 12x16. In fibre base it was one of the nicest papers I used. I was equally fond of Polygrade cold tone paper. Any chance of that paper making a comeback. There seems to be a dearth of true cold tone VC papers out there.

roy
06-01-2010, 02:54 AM
I am with you Adrian but I would stick with the warm tone for preference.

Adrian Twiss
06-01-2010, 03:59 PM
I am with you Adrian but I would stick with the warm tone for preference.

Now that I remember Forte PWT was quite responsive to different developers. I suspect that if I used Maxim Muir's Blue Black and some gold toner I could get a nice blue black. The other thing I liked about PTW was that it dried quite flat and was a piece of cake to flatten in a hot dry mount prress.

Les
06-01-2010, 04:32 PM
I would certainly purchase 11x14 and 16x20 and at least some in 42" wide rolls if available in the US.
Les

Bill Blair
06-15-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm looking for some Forte Polywarmtone Plus PW-18 in 16x20 - or 11x14 at the very least. I've just joined this forum, so am unaware (following a quick search) if anyone has some sheets for sale. It's the only paper - after Kodak Ektalure G - that really takes photo oils. I've tried Kentmere Warmtone, but it doesn't have quite the surface 'tooth' to grab the color. Thanks for any info/advice.

ADOX Fotoimpex
06-16-2010, 03:17 AM
I have made an updated announcement on the polywarmtone website and uploaded pictures of the kettle which is right now beeing installed in place.

I know this all takes long but we have only limited resources and they are currently tied up in the new APX 400 film.

So we are progressing where we can while preorders come in on a regular basis heading towards the goal.

Thanks everyone for your support !

Mirko

Fixed grade, matte surface etc. and can be discussed when we have Polywarmtone "standard" available again.
Before this point it does not really make sense for me to comment on this.