PDA

View Full Version : Forte Polywarmtone

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Tom Kershaw
12-19-2010, 05:42 AM
I signed up for a few boxes of this paper a while ago now, but I think Adox / Mirko has to proceed as and when resources permit; so buying more Adox MCC might be a good start.

Tom

bdial
12-19-2010, 06:37 AM
It is lithable (at least the original was), and is really nice in lith.

Vlad Soare
12-19-2010, 07:49 AM
Yes, the original was very lithable.

Jerevan
12-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Yes, I've seen examples - a friend of mine has hoarded some for lith.

I re-read the thread just before I posted again, that's why I mentioned it as a lith paper. The photographs of the kettle and the interiors of Adox Fotowerke in Bad Saarow are inspiring and gives a sense of the commitment and scale of the undertaking.

Wayne
12-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Could be people are happy with what they're using?

I think they would be even happier with some Polywarmtone too. :)

mikebarger
12-19-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm sure. My thought was I'd hate to see people sign up for X amount when they really aren't interested in completing the purchase.

Wayne
12-19-2010, 06:05 PM
I agree, and hopefully nobody is doing that. I just wanted to keep this thread in the forefront of people's attention, as I think more interest would help bump it along. Every day we see complaining about products being lost, and here's a chance to do something about it and bring something unique back from the grave.

Mahler_one
12-29-2010, 07:16 PM
It would be nice to learn how far along the paper making process is now Wayne. I am hoping to use the paper to contact print my 8x10 negatives. I would like to comparte the new Polywarmtone with Lodima. Hence, I wonder if anyone here has used Amidol with the older version of the Polywarmtone paper. In addition, I am curious as to which developer those who are experienced with the paper have used in the past, and their comments concerning such developers. Thanks.

I also have registered for a few boxes of the paper.

Mahler_one
12-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Hi Mirko:

Well, many of us are waiting to use the new APX 400 film along with the new Polywarmtone!

juan
12-31-2010, 05:46 PM
I used Michael A. Smith's enlarging paper amidol formula with the old polywarmtone. I liked it very much - it gave a good range of tones and a slightly warm tone to the emulsion. I've also signed up for some of the new.
juan

Wayne
12-31-2010, 11:42 PM
It would be nice to learn how far along the paper making process is now Wayne. I am hoping to use the paper to contact print my 8x10 negatives. I would like to comparte the new Polywarmtone with Lodima. Hence, I wonder if anyone here has used Amidol with the older version of the Polywarmtone paper. In addition, I am curious as to which developer those who are experienced with the paper have used in the past, and their comments concerning such developers. Thanks.

I also have registered for a few boxes of the paper.

I realy liked a phenidone version of Ansco 130, it gave wonderful gradation and cooled the image tone down to right where I like it. I've been printing on my last box of Fortezo this week. Tonight I discovered I have a box of Polywarmtone in the freezer that I didnt even know I had...not sure yet how much is left in it though...

Hal Reiser
07-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Went up on the Polywarmtone site to day and there is a new update on the blog. Good news that progress is starting to be made again.

Thanks Mirko!!

"Update
04-07-2011-19:41
Unfortunately the whole construction in the factory was delayed due to more complicated than expected financing paperwork.
But now things are cleared and construction is going on.
Once we have the second story built in the middel hall, the cooling cycle is up and running and all darkroom blinds and safelights are installed the kettle could theoretically go live.

The only burden to take now is the silverprice to drop. At the current level making monochrome papers makes no sense but we are in good mood that it will keep dropping. "

sepiareverb
02-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Looks like much is going on with Polywarmtone again! I just came from the Adox FB page - the machine has been set and the walls are being tiled! This really does trump all the Kodak news in my mind!!

clayne
02-18-2012, 04:09 PM
For PWT to come back would be a grand gift. Such an awesome paper.

I really thank you ADOX for bring back MCC. Incredible contribution and hard-work for all of us.

eddie
02-18-2012, 04:14 PM
I hope this happens. It's a wonderful paper.

JLP
02-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Are there any dates on expected release? I can't wait to see this paper hit the stores. I used my last box a few months ago and really miss this beautiful paper.

kb3lms
02-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Yes, I'm really looking forward to it as well. Never used it but I have heard so many good things....

Roger Cole
02-18-2012, 06:55 PM
For PWT to come back would be a grand gift. Such an awesome paper.

I really thank you ADOX for bring back MCC. Incredible contribution and hard-work for all of us.

+1 on MCC, great paper - even better than the Agfa version to my mind because I like the whiter base better.

I've never used Polywarmtone and right now use Ilford MGWT FB for my warm tone prints, and MCC 110 for my neutral ones. How does Polywarmtone compare to Ilford MGWT FB?

JLP
02-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Polywarmtone has a warmer tone than MGWT and has a different and i believe a more straight curve than MGWT which has a fairy steep curve with a more pronouced shoulder. Polywarmtone is also easier to manipulate with different toners.
MGWT is a great paper and i use it now that my Polywarmtone stach is gone but should we get Polywarmtone back and with the same characteristics i will switch back momentarily.

JLP
02-18-2012, 08:01 PM
In addition to Polywarmtone Forte also made a graded paper named Fortezo which is very similar to Polywarmtone and i am lucky to have some left in grade 2 and 3