kb3lms
01-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Fantastic news! Wish them all the best.

Klainmeister
01-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Holy yes!!!!

frotog
01-27-2013, 07:54 AM
Down to my last 400 sheets of 8x10, all out of 11x14. I hope to God these guys can pull this off!

Hal Reiser
02-01-2013, 07:57 AM
I've been trying to access the Polywarmtone Blog for the past couple of weeks in hopes of getting any further upadates without success.

It seems to be some sort of technical problem so I thought I'd make a mention of it here just in case Mirko is not aware of the problem.

Klainmeister
02-01-2013, 09:19 PM
So can I be a beta tester? Just ran out of Ilford WT and don't know if I should re-invest...

swittmann
02-02-2013, 04:49 PM
These are wonderful news, absolutely fantastic! I truly admire your dedication, Mirko, and wish you all the best. Keep up the great work!

ADOX Fotoimpex
02-05-2013, 04:48 AM
I've been trying to access the Polywarmtone Blog for the past couple of weeks in hopes of getting any further upadates without success.
There used to be two domains linked to the Polywarmtone resurrection page.
One was www.polywarmton.com and the other is www.polywarmtone.com.
The first one has been the redirection and is somehow cut off now. The second one works ;-)
We´ll look into this once we have time but currently there is so much else to do.....

Mirko

Molli
02-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Hi Mirko, thanks for updating the links here. I just thought I'd let you know that two major sites still have links pointing to the "polywarmton" site which no longer redirects. They are:

(The site which shows print examples) http://www.moersch-photochemie.de/content/galerie/forte
(The original product description for the paper) http://www.adox.de/english/ADOX_Papers/ADOX_Papers/Polywarmton.html

Both of those are listed on your www.polywarmtone.com site. Hope this helps and best of luck with the paper!

nicholai
02-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Curious as to how close you are in realizing this. I registered too.

ADOX Fotoimpex
04-21-2013, 06:24 AM
We have updated two blog entries in the polywarmtone blog: http://www.polywarmtone.com/Blog/English.html

AgX
04-21-2013, 06:45 AM
Mirko you say in that blog:

In order to proceed we had to make actual samples of finished emulsions (and not just greyscales).

What do you mean by that?
I mean, how can you make greyscales without a finished (well coated) emulsion?
(Maybe it's obvious for anyone but me and I'm making a fool out of me...)

ADOX Fotoimpex
04-21-2013, 07:24 AM
I mean, how can you make greyscales without a finished (well coated) emulsion?

Further on down the blog we show our small laboratory coating machine (Eichhörnchen).
Eichhörnchen (squirrel) can coat two little stripes of 1,5 cm width and about 10 cm length with a gap in the middle.
On these stripes we can place a dedicated stepwedge and expose/develop them.
This was fine for recreating speed, contrast and gradation but is too small to make a real image.

As we are now aproaching questions like image tone, lithability, toning behaviour, overall impression, detail contrast etc. we need larger samples to make actual images.

Also the small machine is not set up to apply a supercoating.

Kind regards,

Mirko

AgX
04-21-2013, 07:55 AM
Thank you for the clarification.

"Eichhörnchen"... funny. But quite fit for a company located outside the town.

Ulrich Drolshagen
04-21-2013, 09:39 AM
I can't see any entry older then 3/11/2012 (just the entry page). There aren't any links to older pages. I tried with firefox, epiphany, chromium and konqueror in English and German. May be all use webkit as a rendering engine, I don't know. But it's certainly not working as intended.

ADOX Fotoimpex
04-21-2013, 10:48 AM
"Eichhörnchen"... funny. But quite fit for a company located outside the town.

"Eichhörnchen" is a genuine Leverkusen Expression given to the machines by the staff of Agfa ;-)
We obviously had no reason to change it....

swittmann
04-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Lithability - you are my hero, Mirko :laugh::cool:

I can already see myself buying a truckload full of PW ;)

ADOX Fotoimpex
04-21-2013, 11:00 AM
Lithability..

We are checking on this and have good faith that we´ll get the paper back to it´s old lith- behaviour.
This involved investments in securing certain ingredients on our side. We have done this for about 5-8 years of production.
Within this timeframe we need to source alternatives.

Klainmeister
04-21-2013, 11:02 AM
"Eichhörnchen" is a genuine Leverkusen Expression given to the machines by the staff of Agfa ;-)
We obviously had no reason to change it....

Funny, I found that, out of all German words, one of the most difficult to pronounce. I would avoid it all costs when hiking in the forest as to not embarrass myself among my German friends.

The lithability of the paper, to me, is of utmost interest seeing as though Foma papers have changed. We have become very limited. This paper could potentially become the 1 stop shop paper for all my printing needs!

sepiareverb
04-21-2013, 11:06 AM
We're getting closer! Thank you Mirko!

mrtoml
04-21-2013, 11:11 AM
The lithability of the paper, to me, is of utmost interest seeing as though Foma papers have changed. We have become very limited. This paper could potentially become the 1 stop shop paper for all my printing needs!

+1

Being lithable would be great. I used to use Foma as my default lith papers, but now not so sure.