PDA

View Full Version : Forte Polywarmtone

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

ADOX Fotoimpex
04-21-2013, 10:28 AM
I can't see any entry older then 3/11/2012 (just the entry page). There aren't any links to older pages. I tried with firefox, epiphany, chromium and konqueror in English and German. May be all use webkit as a rendering engine, I don't know. But it's certainly not working as intended.

Thanks! Fixed!

Roger Cole
04-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Foma doesn't lith anymore? What is still available that does? I've not tried lith printing but thought I might some day.

Klainmeister
04-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Foma doesn't lith anymore? What is still available that does? I've not tried lith printing but thought I might some day.

According to Rudman's newsletter. It doesn't quite lith the same, which I don't know what that means, but reports seem to indicate that the emulsion changed. Unfortunate, especially considering I was about to buy roughly $500 worth of it for a project. DOH!

Tom Kershaw
04-21-2013, 06:31 PM
I read Tim Rudman's latest newsletter but perhaps didn't take in all the information. Does this mean it is not possible to work with conventional lith techniques with any current papers?

Tom

mrtoml
04-22-2013, 01:29 AM
I read Tim Rudman's latest newsletter but perhaps didn't take in all the information. Does this mean it is not possible to work with conventional lith techniques with any current papers?

Tom

Slavich papers are what I am going to try next. Tim Rudman suggests that unibrom is lithable. There is also a new lith paper being developed by a French? Company.

I think it doesn't mean we can't lith, just that many papers now don't show true infectious development.

kb3lms
04-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Check out the latest polywarmtone information posted just yesterday.

+1 for you guys at Adox!

http://www.polywarmtone.com/Blog/English_files/b73a522b46c1cc6fe6df31c0c982af21-12.html

Barry S
04-22-2013, 10:58 AM
This seems like a great effort, but is there an estimate for when the paper is going into production?

ADOX Fotoimpex
04-23-2013, 11:46 AM
This seems like a great effort, but is there an estimate for when the paper is going into production?

Itīs to early to give any estimates. Forte had a team of 14 engineers (4 of them with a doctors degree) and technicians and it took them about 4 years to create Polywarmtone. Due to the production stop and the disappearance of many ingredients we have to completely re-engineer the paper.
Our financial resources are limited to the current market situation. Thus we can work on this project with limited capacity only.
Given the conditions we work under we are actually pretty fast but itīs everything but easy to manufacture a film or paper and costs involved are much higher than most users think.

In the blog entrys I have outlined what will be the next steps and I will keep everyone posted.

Mirko

Barry S
04-23-2013, 04:27 PM
Mirko-- Thanks for the update. I look forward to the day when the paper is available and appreciate the efforts of your team.

Itīs to early to give any estimates. Forte had a team of 14 engineers (4 of them with a doctors degree) and technicians and it took them about 4 years to create Polywarmtone. Due to the production stop and the disappearance of many ingredients we have to completely re-engineer the paper.
Our financial resources are limited to the current market situation. Thus we can work on this project with limited capacity only.
Given the conditions we work under we are actually pretty fast but itīs everything but easy to manufacture a film or paper and costs involved are much higher than most users think.

In the blog entrys I have outlined what will be the next steps and I will keep everyone posted.

Mirko

AndreasT
04-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Well I am prepared to offer myself as cheap worker, at least I could make the coffee for the guys making the emusion.

AgX
04-23-2013, 04:54 PM
Well I am prepared to offer myself as cheap worker, at least I could make the coffee for the guys making the emusion.

...or care for that cardboard machine.

"Es wird höflich ersucht die Maschine sehr rein zu halten und stets gut zu ölen.

Dan Henderson
04-23-2013, 08:49 PM

Tom

I made some lith prints today on Fomatone having an emulsion number of 063248. In Tim's latest update he states: "the gelatine change started from Fomatone (MG Classic 131 + 132) emulsion number 060848. So if I am interpreting his statement correctly, the paper I used is coated with the "new" gelatin. I can report that I am happy with the prints. I got the nice pinky highlights that I prefer, along with good shadow tones. The print may have developed in a more linear fashion as Tim suggested in his update; that is, the last minute of development may not have been as rapid as it was with earlier paper. That may not be an altogether bad thing if one is trying to make several matching prints from the same negative. Using the same developer, dilution, and old brown amount as in the past, development time was about the same. About the only difference that I could perceive was a lack of grittiness in the shadows.

If I am in fact using the new gelatin, Fomatone will continue to produce lith prints that satisfy me.

ADOX Fotoimpex
07-11-2013, 03:44 PM
We have posted the latest news in the Polywarmtone blog.

http://polywarmtone.com/Blog/English.html

Mirko

Barry S
07-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Looks like good progress, would love to buy a lot of PW in 2014.

zsas
07-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Great to hear Mirko!!! Nothing better to hear than a new analog product getting close to release! Hope the last few miles are flawless!

walbergb
07-12-2013, 12:09 AM
I've never used PWT (probably discontinued before my "time"--photographically speaking), but I have heard great things about it. I would certainly buy some 8x10 & 11x14.

clayne
07-12-2013, 12:57 AM
Awesome.

Oxleyroad
07-12-2013, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the update Mirko. I'll be in the line for some of this paper when it is ready.

viridari
07-12-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm new to making enlargements and I'm excited at the prospect that there are still new products being developed in this area.

L Gebhardt
07-12-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm still using up some of my existing stocks, but I would love to be able to buy new. Then I could do all my work prints on PWT again. It was, and still is, my favorite paper.

Keep up the good work.