PDA

View Full Version : Hello, my name is Art and I'm a print exchange deadbeat

gr82bart
04-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Hi folks,

OK, I have been traveling, working, helping my parents, and buying property in SE Asia for my retirement as a beach bum at 40. No excuses. Yes, my postcards have been sitting by the door now for 3 months or more, my Kodachromes are ready to packaged and sent out and yes, I remember the Polaroids I still owe from a YEAR ago.

I'm back for a week this week - so besides my taxes which I still have to do, I will remember to send out what I have. I know, you've all heard that before. Plus I have 100 or so PMs I have to read - must be angry recipients ... I understand.

My sincere apologies everyone.

Regards, Art.

sly
04-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Glad to hear you are OK and it's just life that got in your way. Looking forward to seeing your postcard.

papagene
04-12-2009, 07:28 PM
And you have prints from the Collectors' Show to pick up from the VPC!!!!! :mad:

;) ... :D

Good to hear that you are OK and didn't fall off the edge of the earth.

gene

Mick Fagan
04-13-2009, 07:05 AM
Art, I actually thought that you may have been a victim of the monetary problem which seems to have gone through virtually every country.

Extremely glad that you are still hanging in there!

Mick.

thefizz
05-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Hi folks,

OK, I have been traveling, working, helping my parents, and buying property in SE Asia for my retirement as a beach bum at 40. No excuses. Yes, my postcards have been sitting by the door now for 3 months or more, my Kodachromes are ready to packaged and sent out and yes, I remember the Polaroids I still owe from a YEAR ago.

I'm back for a week this week - so besides my taxes which I still have to do, I will remember to send out what I have. I know, you've all heard that before. Plus I have 100 or so PMs I have to read - must be angry recipients ... I understand.

Regards, Art.

Hi Art, add the Toy Camera Print Exchange 2008 to your list ;)

tim_walls
05-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi folks,

Regards, Art.

I have a feeling I may be delinquent on the same Polaroid exchange as you - in fact, we could even owe each other a Polaroid; it's been so long I can't remember!

I made my first print in the new darkroom last weekend, so the hiatus caused by my house move may have finally drawn to a close. I just need to try and remember who I owe what to now...

BWKate
05-01-2009, 02:51 PM
No worries Art! We still love ya..... and I know you're just a little late but you will come through!

Sirius Glass
05-01-2009, 02:53 PM
I have no problem with Art, but the deadbeats are the reason why I no longer do any photo exchange.

Steve

gr82bart
08-09-2009, 02:37 PM
OK, OK, deadbeat update here ... I have now printed, matted and packaged all the prints (and postcards that have been lying about for months) to send out. Let's see to make sure I have everything covered:

Postcard Exchange #15 - 50 something postcards; I didn't count.
Alternative Print Exchange #8 - Phil, Cara, and Jeff
Group Print Exchange #11 - Randy and Matt (Gene's already got my print)
Toy Camera Print Exchange #3(?) - Vaughn and Fintan
Fine Art Print Exchange #1 - Thomas
Kodachrome Slide Exchange - Stan, Chris and Michael (though I haven't received a single slide)
Ode to Polaroid Exchange - David, Keeds, Peter, Suzanne, Black Dog, Fintan; kraker, rkmiec, MartinB, dianna, JLMoore3rd

Did I miss anyone? I don't think so, but if I did, please advise. Deeply and sincerely sorry to all for the EXTREME tardiness on my part.

Regards, Art.

MattKing
08-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Art:

No worries!

By my count, there are 72+ people who are going to be very happy (assuming no overlaps) :).

Matt

gr82bart
08-11-2009, 07:10 AM
Also owe Anupam in the alternative print exchange - forgot he was a last minute addition to my group. Everything sent but the slides. I maybe late (like deadbeat late), but I ain't a stiffler! :D

Regards, Art.

Allen Friday
08-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Oh Great. Thanks A Lot, Art!

Now I'll have to get off my butt and finish prints for a post card exchange and an alt. print exchange. I can no longer say "I'll get to it when pigs fly or when Art sends his prints." I can no longer say "Yeah, I'm late with my prints, but at least I'm not Art." When people complain about my tardiness, I can no longer reply "Oh, I don't know, it could be worst. It could be raining or you could have Art in the exchange." (See recent movie quote thread.) I may even have to brush up on my excuses. Got any good ones I could use, like the dog ate my print or ...?

Art, you've been my hero for so long. It is disappointing to see the mighty fall.

kraker
08-19-2009, 02:00 AM
Art, you've started catching up indeed! Got your postcard from round 15 yesterday (and I don't even blame you for the occasional error in writing names, that's only normal when you're writing 150 cards ;) ). Thanks!

gr82bart
08-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Oh Great. Thanks A Lot, Art!

Now I'll have to get off my butt and finish prints for a post card exchange and an alt. print exchange. I can no longer say "I'll get to it when pigs fly or when Art sends his prints." I can no longer say "Yeah, I'm late with my prints, but at least I'm not Art." When people complain about my tardiness, I can no longer reply "Oh, I don't know, it could be worst. It could be raining or you could have Art in the exchange." (See recent movie quote thread.) I may even have to brush up on my excuses. Got any good ones I could use, like the dog ate my print or ...?

Art, you've been my hero for so long. It is disappointing to see the mighty fall.:D

Andrew Moxom
08-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Glad to hear you are okay Art. I no longer do print exchanges as it would appear many people are willing to let prints out the door that are not the best work they can do, not processed archivally, or they arrive bent and mangled up. That's my rant.. .02 cents