Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Paul Cocklin
05-06-2009, 03:32 PM
My prints went out yesterday!

Pete H
05-15-2009, 07:12 AM
My prints went out yesterday!

Paul,
Your print arrived today. Many thanks! I shall spend some time contemplating it before sending feedback (brutal or otherwise ;) - somehow I doubt that it will be brutal!), and for now just say that I like it.

I'd better get back into the darkroom too. My last lith printing session involved 20+ min development times and the prints came out with slight chemical fogging :rolleyes:. Time for some reformulation ...

cheers
Pete

keeds
05-15-2009, 07:22 AM
Paul,
I'd better get back into the darkroom too. My last lith printing session involved 20+ min development times and the prints came out with slight chemical fogging :rolleyes:. Time for some reformulation ...

cheers
Pete

If you have a tray heater, this will help reduce development times.

Justin Maramba
05-15-2009, 07:54 AM
Count me in. Now, where do I send to?

Thomas Bertilsson
05-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Justin, I think the sign-up is over for this round. If you want to trade prints anyway, there should be a print trade part of the forum, or seek someone out who's work you like and approach them.
Or wait for the next round of this exchange. :)

Paul Cocklin
05-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Great to know you got it, Pete. I look forward to hearing any comments you may have. That made it to you pretty fast. Gotta compliment the USPS on that.

Shangheye
05-19-2009, 05:21 AM
Mine went out today. Rachelle, I sent it to your home address since I think there should be plenty of time for it to arrive before mid-June. Looking forward to your views.

Rgds, Kal

mooseontheloose
05-19-2009, 08:58 AM
Thanks Kal!

I'm currently on the road but will be doing some major printing sessions when I get back next week. Looking forward to receiving your print (and getting mine out!)

Travis Nunn
05-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Hi Paul, I got your print in the mail over the weekend. PM on the way...

KWhitmore
05-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Mine probably won't go out for a few weeks yet...I'm in the middle of moving house, sigh. :(

Pete H
05-25-2009, 05:50 AM
My prints went out today. At last!

Pete

thefizz
05-27-2009, 08:48 AM
I received my print today from Kal (Shangheye). Pitty the postman bent to package :rolleyes:

Its a shot of the Eiffel Tower taken through a tree and I must say its an interesting composition, I like it. Nice tone also.

Thanks a lot Kal.

Shangheye
05-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Hi Peter, Thanks for the feedback and Sorry to hear it was bent. It was backed with cardboard, and in a special padded envelope from the Post Office (Thomas's technique was going to cost a fortune to post from here). Can you let me know on PM how the damage was done, since I don't want that to happen again. I hope the print wasn't too badly damaged :( Kal

thefizz
05-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Don't worry Kal, the print is very bent but there is no crease so its ok, I can flatten it. The postman bent the package by folding it around smaller envelopes and binding it with an elastic band, the twit :rolleyes:

Shangheye
05-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Hmmmm...as my wife pointed out, the words "Please Do Not Bend"...could make the difference next time. I thought the stiff envelope was a dead give away :rolleyes:

sly
05-27-2009, 06:29 PM
I recieved a 9x12 envelope today (not part of an APUG exchange) that had "DO NOT BEND" in very large red letters. It was folded in half to fit in my mailbox. Maybe some posties can't read?

Paul Cocklin
05-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Pete, I received your lovely lith print today. Very cool color tone and the composition very well done. I feel the flow of the water keeps the eye in the image very nicely. I also got a really cool bonus from you. Three very cool stamps from Norway! :) Thanks a lot! Again, a very nice print. My biggest problem is going to be having enough wall space to display all the prints from these exchanges.

Pete H
05-30-2009, 07:20 AM
Thanks Paul. It's good to know that it arrived.

There are so many variables in lith printing - I feel as though it will take the rest of my life to get it completely under control. That's part of the fun too, though!

mooseontheloose
06-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Kal - it appears your print arrived at my parent's place today. According to my mom, it's quite bent -- the postmistress at the post office was like "I sure hope it isn't a picture!" (she knows I do a lot of exchanges). Anyway...it's being forwarded to me here in B.C. -- hopefully it will be like Peter's print that he received -- bent but not creased. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Shangheye
06-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks Rachelle...I really hope it's just bent and not creased...lesson learned (*this is my first exchange). Given the effort that goes in to a Lith print (well any print) next time I won't be such a scrooge....Let me know how it is looking. Rgds, Kal