PDA

View Full Version : Lith Print Exchange Round 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Travis Nunn
06-17-2009, 11:26 PM
Hi Paul, glad the print arrived safely and glad you like it!

mooseontheloose
06-18-2009, 12:57 PM
To everyone in my group -- the prints are in the mail! I think I spent more time making them post worthy than I did actually printing them.

Andrew and Peter -- looking forward to seeing your prints once I get back from Japan.

thefizz
06-18-2009, 04:31 PM
My prints are made and I will package them at the weekend and post on Monday.

Peter

thefizz
06-22-2009, 07:45 AM
Hi Rachel,

I received your print today. I remember admiring it at our lith printing workshop last year and now I am lucky enough to have a print.

Thanks so much, its super.

Peter

Mark Fisher
06-22-2009, 10:50 PM
I received Robk331's print late last week.....phenomenal. I was just considering selling my LF gear then I see this. A friend of mine was just showing me the work of Keith Loutit using a tilt shift lens to do amazing time lapse work making it look like models more than anything by doing something similar....picking a very narrow field of focus.

Anyway, very nice work

Mark

Pete H
06-23-2009, 07:14 AM
Today a print arrived from Travis. The cold blue toning really complements the iron work and the wood and rusty metal textures are quite tangible. Beautifully matted, too.

Thanks, Travis!

Pete

Shangheye
06-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Hi Rachelle, Got the print today. Arrived in perfect condition and it's a gem. Thanks for the notes. I have alot to learn. I also intend to buy Wolfgangs chemistry once I get through my current batch of Rollei Lith. A great image, and I admire the effort to get all the tones so perfect. Thankyou! Until the next time. K

sly
06-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Came back from a few days away to find 2 lith prints.
the banana's old bicycle seat - the grittiness lith can give suits this well.
robk331's "KPOF" - lovely chocolately tones.

The two prints are very different. There were no technical details included. Would love to know papers and developers used. Lith is so variable, that knowing the combos that other folks use helps the next time an order is placed for lithy sruff.

Robk331
06-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Came back from a few days away to find 2 lith prints.
the banana's old bicycle seat - the grittiness lith can give suits this well.
robk331's "KPOF" - lovely chocolately tones.

The two prints are very different. There were no technical details included. Would love to know papers and developers used. Lith is so variable, that knowing the combos that other folks use helps the next time an order is placed for lithy sruff.

Sorry for the lack of details...it's my first exchange.:)

The paper is Foma 131, developed in Moersch's 2-bath lith (Easy lith 1+8, then Siena with high alkaline additives). I then toned in selenium until I got a split that I liked.

Rob

Shangheye
06-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Peter, Got my print yesterday. Stunning shot, and I love how the subtlety of the light falling on the dome comes through. Wonderful work. Thanks for the technical details too...I am now officially addicted to exchanges! Rgds, K

thefizz
06-27-2009, 10:54 AM
You're welcome Kal, glad you like it.

peter

mooseontheloose
06-29-2009, 01:57 AM
Kal and Peter,

Great to hear that the prints got to you so quickly! Thanks for the nice comments -- I'm definitely still in the beginner stage of lith printing but my goal for this fall and winter is to try some 2-bath lith printing techniques since I've got so much of Wolfgang's chemistry waiting around for me to try out! I just need more trays and more space to make that happen. Hopefully I'll have some decent negs from Japan to print up when I get back.

Andrew -- has my print made it to you yet?

eduardomolina
06-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Travis,
I received your print. It is beautiful!

keeds
06-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Rachelle, sorry for not saying. I have received all my exchange prints. They are all great and I have enjoyed receiving them. I'm way behind with all my exchanges. I've not taken a photo for a couple of months, let alone developed any of my backlog or even done any printing. I promise I will honour my exchanges when I can commit some time to the darkroom. I think the expression is: "life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

Paul Cocklin
06-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Eduardo, I received your print today. Very cool composition and subject and I have to say, perfect for lith. Well seen. I love the warm brown color. It's good to see what others are doing with Fotospeed Lith paper, thanks again!

Marek Warunkiewicz
06-30-2009, 08:38 PM
This is great.... count me in on the next round. When will that be, any idea?

Pete H
07-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Eduardo,

Your print arrived today. That warm grey-brown you've achieved really suits the subject.

Many thanks!
Pete

KWhitmore
07-06-2009, 09:27 AM
My prints are done and ready for mailing!

Thomas Bertilsson
07-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Sorry for procrastinating in sending, guys. I'm mailing prints this week. On the bright side, they are REALLY very well flattened now... :)

eduardomolina
07-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Paul and Pete, I am glad you both liked the print. These images were my first lith prints.