PDA

View Full Version : NE Ohio, Bi-Monthly, May 30-31, 2009 Gathering at the Powers’ House

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Lee L
04-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Note to self investigate Rocket Propelled Grenade Launcher relative to Kevlar.

Glad you are coming Lee.
P.S. for note to self ... bring spare windshield, mop, bucket.

Jeff, I have two D5's already, and that makes a D10. With a D10 we can move both the ledges and the ice cream parlor over to John and Dolly's place in pretty short order.

Lee

ic-racer
04-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Miss a day and miss a lot; 3 pages of posts already. Must be a popular get-together :) I have been pre-occupied with a pesky Italian brake hose.

I hiked the "easy trail" near the Octagon a few years ago with the kids, but have never seen the ledges. So, I'm interested in checking it out!

Jeff, if you are still interested in that Melamine baseboard for the 8x10 Elwood PM me for logistics.

ic-racer
04-29-2009, 02:27 PM
P.S. for note to self ... bring spare windshield, mop, bucket.

Jeff, I have two D5's already, and that makes a D10...

I'm already up to D5500 :)

Jeff Bannow
04-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Miss a day and miss a lot; 3 pages of posts already. Must be a popular get-together :) I have been pre-occupied with a pesky Italian brake hose.

I hiked the "easy trail" near the Octagon a few years ago with the kids, but have never seen the ledges. So, I'm interested in checking it out!

Jeff, if you are still interested in that Melamine baseboard for the 8x10 Elwood PM me for logistics.

Definitely interested in the melamine, although it looks like it might be for a De Vere 5108 instead of an Elwood! I plan on bringing the Jeep, so it should fit in the back.

Eva says 8 enlargers is too many, so I have pared down to 5. 5 seems reasonable to me (but so did 8).

Shawn Dougherty
04-30-2009, 08:46 AM
Hope you decide to camp then, Lee. The light in my favorite section of ledges is just awesome from sunup and for the next couple of hours. Of course I'm ALWAYS up for sunset shooting in the western section, John. I haven't really been over there except for the overlook.

Eva says 8 enlargers is too many, so I have pared down to 5. 5 seems reasonable to me (but so did 8).

Jeff, that's too funny! :p

djkloss
04-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Definitely interested in the melamine, although it looks like it might be for a De Vere 5108 instead of an Elwood! I plan on bringing the Jeep, so it should fit in the back.

I picked up a 5x7 Elwood for the price of "can't say no". That's just too many enlargers! Unless you start teaching

Jeff Bannow
04-30-2009, 08:59 PM
I picked up a 5x7 Elwood for the price of "can't say no". That's just too many enlargers! Unless you start teaching

5x7 - nice! Sure you don't need an Omega d3? :)

jp80874
05-01-2009, 07:12 AM
Of course I'm ALWAYS up for sunset shooting in the western section, John. I haven't really been over there except for the overlook.

If you want to do that you may find it easier to park at the Octagon lot shown on the Ledges map above. Go to the Octagon lot and park up hill or at the east end of the lot. You will be just below the west side of the ledges. Access for larger cameras is easier from there than the Ledges parking lot. Lee, his son David and I have shot there a bit in the past.
John

Shawn Dougherty
05-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Thanks John. I'll be checking that out for sure. Shawn

jp80874
05-02-2009, 08:04 PM
I talked to Peter Spangenberg. He was excited about the event and said, if I got it right, that he would be joining us at least Sunday and possibly Saturday.

John

jp80874
05-07-2009, 08:24 AM
The Labradors and I hiked around the ledges yesterday in anticipation of your arrival. The Dogwood blossoms are just coming in. They are absolutely beautiful in the woods surrounding the ledges. I hope they will last until you arrive at the end of the month. They are just little sprigs of blooms, floating like clouds in the trees around the rocks.

a, a, a, ah, watch your footing.

John and the girls.

Jeff Bannow
05-07-2009, 10:11 AM
The Labradors and I hiked around the ledges yesterday in anticipation of your arrival. The Dogwood blossoms are just coming in. They are absolutely beautiful in the woods surrounding the ledges. I hope they will last until you arrive at the end of the month. They are just little sprigs of blooms, floating like clouds in the trees around the rocks.

a, a, a, ah, watch your footing.

John and the girls.

Sounds nice. The only thing blossoming up here are the construction cones ...

jp80874
05-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Sounds nice. The only thing blossoming up here are the construction cones ...

That used to be the Ohio State flower. Now we would like the employment.

John

Jeff Bannow
05-07-2009, 10:58 AM
That used to be the Ohio State flower. Now we would like the employment.

John

So true! It's good to see construction workers earning a little money.

jolefler
05-11-2009, 10:46 AM
it really depends on how I'm getting around, so I can't commit. I don't need to worry about lodging/camping, as I live just over an hour away.

I'd love to share work with the group after a shoot...sounds fun! I'll try to stay in touch.

(the following announcement is blatant self promotion)
OOOH, OOOH, got a second place and hung three in a local juried show by our local community arts association! Still hangin' in the Library if you all make it to Madison before June.

Jo

jp80874
05-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Congratulations Jo. Good work.

We would be happy to have you here for dinner and show & tell. We usually gather about 5 PM at our house for conversation, go to dinner locally, and return for show & tell in the evening. The whole point is for people with similar interests to have a chance to break bread, see work and share ideas. Let me know what details you need as we get closer to the event.

John

djkloss
05-14-2009, 06:35 AM
what was the name of that flea-bag hotel down the road that offered showers? does anyone remember?

Lee L
05-14-2009, 06:46 AM
It was either the Paris Hilton or http://www.theohiomotel.com/

Lee

jp80874
05-14-2009, 07:42 AM
Or.... I turned the outside cold water on last weekend and connected the hose.

That reminds me of the campfire you all had last September. Eva suggested we have some water down there to help control or put out the fire at 2:00 AM or so. We have some empty five gallon jugs. If you all don't see a couple of them filled and down by the fire place, please remind me and I can fill and take them down in the cart behind the tractor.

John

Shawn Dougherty
05-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Anybody attending mixing their own Pyrocat HD? I'm looking to get rid of the following components:
Catechol, phenidone A, potassium carbonate, sodium metbisulfite.

I'll bring these and gladly give them to anyone who will make use of them.