PDA

View Full Version : I think I have a problem.

Pages : 1 [2]

Soeren
04-30-2009, 12:12 AM
I don't get it....... what's the problem?? :p

Lenses for Bergheils are not that easy to come by :D

walter23
04-30-2009, 12:54 PM

Yeah, that's definitely a problem. I shouldn't have bought this body. Paid $100 for the stupid thing. Got caught up in the last minute bidding frenzy and overstepped my mark. But it would have been useful if the first camera was as crummy as the seller had said, so what can I say...

Ole
04-30-2009, 01:43 PM

Yes, they are. Unless you insist on a Heliar, just about anything in a #1 shutter will fit on a 9x12cm Bergheil - and a #0 shutter on a 6x9.

The difficult part is getting hold of a bayonet lens mount. Someone on the German LF forum (http://www.grossformatfotografie.de) had some made a year or so ago.

Kvistgaard
04-30-2009, 01:48 PM
We have our own version of Steven Aichlen's shoe rule. Everytime my wife buys a pair of shoes I can buy three cameras..... eh uhm..... or was it the other way round :rolleyes: :)
Best regards

Keep it going, Søren - we need all the private consumption we can get to fend off the eco-downturn! :D Assume your SP-tillæg will be allocated to new camera purchases too? ;-)

BTW - am I at all allowed to post in this thread? I only own 4 cameras.

stealthman_1
04-30-2009, 11:07 PM
I started buying cameras on that aweful auction site one year and five months ago. I'm slightly over 50 cameras now. They are in every room in the house, you can't find the dining room table and I'd really like a few antique portrait cameras. I've shot almost all of them, a Premo plate camera took me forever to find a film holder for, I'd part with about 2. Don't know what to tell ya.:p

PHOTOTONE
05-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Are those all plate cameras?

walter23
05-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Are those all plate cameras?

No, four are roll film cameras and three are 9x12 plate cameras.

Ole
05-04-2009, 02:34 PM
One of my littlest problems is finding film for a 4.5x6cm plate camera...

JPD
05-05-2009, 05:28 PM
My advice: Stop buying more cameras and USE those you already have! I have told myself that for years but I always refuse to listen. :(

Now I'm waiting for another AVUS 9x12 with a standard for #0 shutters that I'm planning to use with my Steinheil Orthostigmat or maybe Zeiss Doppel-Amatar, plus more film sheaths and filters. :rolleyes:

JPD
05-05-2009, 05:41 PM
One of my littlest problems is finding film for a 4.5x6cm plate camera...Tsk tsk, I'm sure you know that, for example, http://www.wephota.de happily would cut and sell you some. You're just looking for an excuse to keep the camera on the shelf. :D

nicefor88
05-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Just got a virus.
Thought the swine flu virus was deadly. Beware, someone might put you in quarantine...
:D

Farside
06-13-2009, 11:44 AM
My advice: Stop buying more cameras and USE those you already have! I have told myself that for years but I always refuse to listen. :(

Phew! I thought it was just me :)
Having just scored a Rada rollfilm back for a Welta 9x12, I wiped all the 'watched' auctions off my list before I start spending (any more) money I haven't earned yet.
My rationale for the Rada? Well, I'm having trouble finding film holders and at least a film back gets it usable. Couldn't resist it...

JPD
06-14-2009, 02:22 AM
Phew! I thought it was just me :)
Having just scored a Rada rollfilm back for a Welta 9x12, I wiped all the 'watched' auctions off my list before I start spending (any more) money I haven't earned yet.
My rationale for the Rada? Well, I'm having trouble finding film holders and at least a film back gets it usable. Couldn't resist it...Oh, I bought a couple of Voigtländer plate holders last month, and then some film sheaths, on eBay. Now I have nine holders for my Voigtländers. I have a Rada for Plaubel somewhere, that fits my KW Patent Etui 6,5 x 9 cameras, but haven't tried it yet. Last month I started to refurbish a Rollex rollfim back for my 9x12 Voigtländers. Its rollers are made of zinc and had started to develop zinc pest. I sanded and polished them. I wonder what they were thinking. Zinc of all metals. Sheesh! :p

I will be watching an item on eBay this week, but after that I'll have enough unnecessary stuff. I hope. :D