PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 17 Sign up

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

hoffy
06-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Ohhh, this is getting exciting......and a bit nerve racking....I have to setup this darkroom now. Lucky its a long weekend where I am this weekend!

Rlibersky
06-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Printed my 30 yesterday. Now where are those addresses?

lorirfrommontana
06-01-2009, 06:56 PM
I have about 10 more prints to make! This is exciting and a bit nerve racking as I hope my postcards are good enough! I've ended up doing 3 different pictures for the exchange. They were all shot in May. I have only had 4 or 5 darkroom printing sessions but I sure am enjoying it. I will print the rest up tonight! Can't wait to get them sent and see what I get back. I'm going to put the postcards I get back in a binder in clear plastic sleeves like a book so everyone can see where the postcards came from and any info on the backs. Lori

Christopher Walrath
06-01-2009, 11:24 PM
FYI!

(from) US Postage as of 6-1-09

$.28 within US under 6"x4 1/4"
$.44 within US over 6"x4 1/4"
$.75 to Canada
$.98 overseas (Australia included)

(source USPS.COM)

Christopher Walrath
06-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Man, am I looking forward to this. I have had mine printed for about three weeks now and I have been champing at the bit to get this going. BRING ON THE ADDRESSES!!! WOO HOO!!!

mooseontheloose
06-02-2009, 12:31 AM
FYI!

(from) US Postage as of 6-1-09

$.28 within US under 6"x4 1/4"
$.44 within US over 6"x4 1/4"
$.75 to Canada
$.98 overseas (Australia included)

You Americans have it made! Canadian postage:

$.54 within Canada
$.98 to the US
$1.65 overseas

I just spent $50 on postage for the exchange. It's not cheap! But I really enjoy it and as I've mentioned before, I'm a postcard freak anyway, so this exchange just fuels the fire. Like you Chris, my prints have been ready and rarin' to go since the beginning of May. And unfortunately, since I'll be heading to Japan in a couple of weeks, I won't see any of the cards until I come back in September! Actually, with that in mind, if anyone has me on their list and they'll be sending the postcards out in the first week of June, please pm me and I'll send you my current address. Otherwise, use the one that Ruediger will give out on the regular list.

rst
06-02-2009, 12:54 AM
I am going to send out the address lists within the next two hours. It will take some time. I will post here again when this is finished, it will take some time.

Please read the address PM and do not just use the list.

Cheers
Ruediger

rst
06-02-2009, 02:04 AM
Rrrrrrrrring!

The addresses are out. Please check for your own address, it is the first one on the list - in case that I got it completely wrong and you do not realize that it should be yours ;)

If your address is wrong, please let me know. If your address is correct, I believe you without further notice from you ;)

If somebody wants to send some extra postcards: Here (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/26912-apug-postcard-exchange-introduction-schedules.html#post757280) you will find some addresses.

Kate and Jacco, I hope you are happy this round.

And off we go ...

Cheers
Rüdiger

rst
06-02-2009, 07:17 AM
Hey I started a new feedback thread for this round.

You will find it Here (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/62801-postcard-exchange-round-17-comments-feedback.html).

Cheers
Rüdiger

kraker
06-03-2009, 04:58 AM
Kate and Jacco, I hope you are happy this round.

:D :D :D

sage
06-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Just so you all know, I wasn't sure when I would have some darkroom access over the summer here so I didn't sign up, though if anyone would like to still send me something, I'd do my best to get a card to you in return as soon as I could.

Rlibersky
06-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Finally get to send them out. Unfortunately while I was going through them I notice a few had fixer stains. So if your going to keep it you may want to wash them. Certainly don't stack with other you are planning on keeping.

Sorry about that.

Randy

rmann
06-15-2009, 12:19 PM
I have received some cards - very nice - really glad I joined this enterprise.

So far I have gotten cards from:

Chis - love the live tree surrounding the tombstone
Rachelle - great IR shot - another reason for Kodak to bring this film back
Lori - Interesting - everyone lives to the left and one even puts up their phone number
Pete - love water shots, especially moving over rocks

Someone asked - the shot I sent is a reduction and slightly cropped, I thought it was easier to set up the "enlarger" for multiple prints rather then use a contact printing frame.

Looking forward to getting the rest in mail -

Robert