PDA

View Full Version : Around the World with Camera 6...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

flatulent1
05-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Nothin' more to take, move it along folks. I suspect the issue is the difficulty of the subject matter. Camera 7 will have a subject of.....

.................................................. .................................................. .......

Your Navel.

tim (on his way back to Germany tomorrow)

I just know somebody will take you up on that... :p
and it won't be pretty, either!

tiberiustibz
05-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Um.. me and my navel would respectfully like to disagree..
How about.. "Your Front Door".. that ought to make it easier!

That would actually be pretty cool. Front doors from around the world...

largely
05-22-2010, 07:46 PM
I sent the cameras out last Tuesday.(5/11)
Unfortunately they came back to me today (5/22) marked no such number, return to sender, POSTAGE DUE.
For some reason I addressed them incorrectly. 2342 rather than 2341
I'm blaming the error on the adult beverages I was forced to consume while sacrificing the lobsters.
Apologies to all for the delay. I'll repost them on Monday.

k_jupiter
05-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Don't mind me. All this travel is making me a little WONKY. I can't think of the last time an intelligent thought came out of my head.

That said, i am back in German watching the travails of the travels of the camera from afar. I have a lot of hope right now.

How many artists left?

The good news is my youngest has made her first real pinhole camera and we had a long discussion on the relative merits of paper vs. film as a recording medium and how the red blue spectrum sensitivity of printing paper (used as a film) affects the contrast of the final negative.

I must be doing something right.

tim in Aachen Germany (the time at the tone is....12:41AM)

sidearm613
05-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Don't mind me. All this travel is making me a little WONKY. I can't think of the last time an intelligent thought came out of my head.

That said, i am back in German watching the travails of the travels of the camera from afar. I have a lot of hope right now.

How many artists left?

The good news is my youngest has made her first real pinhole camera and we had a long discussion on the relative merits of paper vs. film as a recording medium and how the red blue spectrum sensitivity of printing paper (used as a film) affects the contrast of the final negative.

I must be doing something right.

tim in Aachen Germany (the time at the tone is....12:41AM)

How young is this youngest? I hope she's in double digits because I still have trouble grasping concepts like this at 17.... Maybe I need to be of military age to get it! :)

k_jupiter
05-23-2010, 07:46 PM

And YOU stay away from my daughter.

*L*

tim

largely
05-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Got the cameras ready to ship but I received a PM from the next person on the list asking me to hold them until the end of the week as he is moving this week and does'nt want them to get lost in the shuffle.
So the cameras will stay here until Friday and then they'll be on their way again.

Larry

sidearm613
05-27-2010, 06:12 PM

And YOU stay away from my daughter.

*L*

tim

WAHAHAHA.
Have no fear Tim, I have a lovely girlfriend so I shall keep my filthy paws off your daughter! :)

sidearm613
05-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Earth to.... Anyone!

k_jupiter
06-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Earth to.... Anyone!

Yes?

Síle
06-01-2010, 03:15 AM
Yes?

Don't tell me you're in outer space now? :o

pcyco
06-01-2010, 05:02 AM
hallo

the last month i had no pssibility to check the thread exactly.
is there a actual list, which shows the remaining persons.

the rest of your discussion is sometimes not easy to follow and to understand for me and my 20 years old "school-english" :D. (maybe its better:D:D:D:D)

Black Dog
06-01-2010, 05:28 AM
I've changed jobs twice since this all started...

Black Dog
06-01-2010, 05:31 AM
:pToday on Newsnight.....the Rolling Stones Farewell tour 2050 and Camera 6 finally comes home - I do remember a news item a few years back about a postcard sent during WW1 that took 90 years to arrive so all this is nothing really;)

k_jupiter
06-01-2010, 02:35 PM
I've changed jobs twice since this all started...

I've changed continents 22 times since this started.

tim in Aachen Germany

largely
06-01-2010, 07:47 PM
At long last the cameras are on their way again. Heads up Guissimo.
In the interest of speeding them along we sacrificed a pig and an unknown (to me) number of chickens yesterday.

Joy to all,

Larry

Síle
06-02-2010, 03:33 AM
At long last the cameras are on their way again. Heads up Guissimo.
In the interest of speeding them along we sacrificed a pig and an unknown (to me) number of chickens yesterday.

Joy to all,

Larry

Excellent news all round (well except for the pigs and chickens - though it was a noble death).. Thanks Larry!

Ok to Pcyco and everyone else the list this is the finishing straight:

1 Guissimo
2 Athanasius80
3 mrmekon
4 Cdholden
5 Tim Gray
6 tiberiustibz
7 PeterdeGroot
8 Pcyco
And finally home to...

9 Síle

Dare I say it... We're 2/3 of the way home! And as Blackdog so rightly says.. we may even make history some day ;)

Let's just hope not though.....

Black Dog
06-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Don't go biting the heads off any bats like Ozzy Osbourne...

Shawn Rahman
06-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Sile,

How did I drop off the list? I am sacrificing some chicken tonight with the hope that it was just an oversight! I promise to look away from my law casebooks long enough to shoot my frame and send the camera on it's way!

Regards,

Shawn

Síle
06-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Sile,

How did I drop off the list? I am sacrificing some chicken tonight with the hope that it was just an oversight! I promise to look away from my law casebooks long enough to shoot my frame and send the camera on it's way!

Regards,

Shawn

Shawn it could of course be that I felt your inclusion in the group may intimidate the rest of the participants with your brilliance.. your photographic genius.. your magnificent shutter'man ship... and as such left your name off the actual publicised list..

Or it could have been a copy and paste error.........

You are of course 7 on the list and the final stop off in the U S of A before the camera wings its way across the great ocean and makes its way to Peter in the Netherlands..
My bad.. sorry!

The list should read:

1 Guissimo
2 Athanasius80
3 mrmekon
4 Cdholden
5 Tim Gray
6 tiberiustibz
7 ShawnRahman
8 PeterdeGroot
9 Pcyco

and THEN home to 10. Síle