PDA

View Full Version : Around the World with Camera 6...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

cdholden
09-08-2010, 10:17 PM
the package will now self destruct if kept in the hands of the possessor for longer than 8 days...

So take your time......:eek:

My possession should be no longer than 5 days.
tick... tock...

flatulent1
09-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Just to let you know however...from now on the package will now self destruct if kept in the hands of the possessor for longer than 8 days...

I'm confused here. I thought the plan was for your 'friend' Guido to plant a flaming bag of poo on the miscreant's doorstep. :bandit:

Síle
09-09-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm confused here. I thought the plan was for your 'friend' Guido to plant a flaming bag of poo on the miscreant's doorstep. :bandit:

Shhhhh... Jeez Fred you're giving away all my secrets! :devil:

Black Dog
09-12-2010, 04:24 PM
I walk these streets alone, a loaded camera on my back. I'm playing for keeps, 'cause I might not make it back...

Síle
09-15-2010, 07:01 PM
I come bearing good tidings from Cdholden..

"Camera 6 is en route to the mothership via Michigan, USA. It shipped out of TN today."

Filmsprocket.. it's over to you!!

Thanks Chris!

k_jupiter
09-15-2010, 07:15 PM

"Camera 6 is en route to the mothership via Michigan, USA. It shipped out of TN today."

Thanks Chris!

Just in time for Winter.

tim in san jose

Marc Akemann
09-15-2010, 08:25 PM
When this camera began it's trip my daughter was a junior in high school (she's now a student at the University of Michigan), the Gulf of Mexico was in good shape, Michael Jackson was still alive and I've traveled almost 29,000 miles in my Jeep. I'm excited to finally get the famous 'Camera 6' and will shoot 'n ship quickly. It's not like I haven't had time to think of what to shoot. :)

-Marc

tiberiustibz
09-15-2010, 08:55 PM
It has been a while...can't wait!

k_jupiter
09-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Clipclop, clipclop, clipclop... the sound of Monty Python or Cameras 7 sneaking up on you.

Just remember the good old days when Sile had cameras 4 and 5 at the same time.

tim in sanjose

cdholden
09-17-2010, 09:22 AM
Sheila,
Thanks for updating everyone on the camera status for me. APUG's mobile interface on my PDA *really* is different/difficult to navigate compared to the standard one. I'm glad to be home again, and on a full sized screen!
Chris

Thanks Chris!

Marc Akemann
09-17-2010, 06:18 PM
The cameras are here!
Short will be their stay
I'll take my photos tomorrow
Monday.... they're off to Tim Gray

Thanks Chris!

Síle
09-18-2010, 07:56 AM
Just remember the good old days when Sile had cameras 4 and 5 at the same time.

tim in sanjose

Oh Lord I remember that only too well.. There I was waiting patiently for one to arrive when both plonked on my doorstep at the one time.. AND at Christmas time when mail service virtually stops over here.. I still have nightmares about it all......

Sheila,
Thanks for updating everyone on the camera status for me. APUG's mobile interface on my PDA *really* is different/difficult to navigate compared to the standard one. I'm glad to be home again, and on a full sized screen!
Chris

No problem Chris.. that's what I'm here for! (well amongst other things!)

The cameras are here!
Short will be their stay
I'll take my photos tomorrow
Monday.... they're off to Tim Gray

What's that I hear -hark..
The cameras are with Marc?
He'll mail them along ,
And we'll all carry on..
With their journey back home
And the end of my poem...

(See what you did now Marc??)

M.A.Longmore
09-18-2010, 08:28 AM
When I get the camera, I won't be a Prick.
I'll have it mailed back really really quick !
I'll have no time to waste.
Dessert will be waiting,
It's Spotted Dick !

*** Sorry LXDude, I'm not going to wait for you to suggest
that I'll have a mouthful of Dick. I'll just do it myself ...

Thank You,

Ron

Black Dog
09-19-2010, 07:06 AM
Poetry in motion!

Marc Akemann
09-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Saturday it rained a bit
So I took not even a shot
And all day Sunday I had to work
So my plan went straight to pot

Monday I worked a job
And photographed some cuisine
Later I took both apehug cameras
And shot two righteous scenes

I prepared the box to ship
To our good friend Mr. Gray
But the clock just kept on ticking
And it became too late to ship away

So tomorrow is another time
To get the package movin'
I'll drop it off at the postal office
And keep the whole thing groovin'

Translation:
Couldn't get my 2 shots in over the weekend but did do them today. Missed the post office before they closed today, so, I'll ship tomorrow (Tuesday 9/21/10).

I have no idea why I'm doing this poetic stuff but I promise no more.....for a while.

And thanks, Chris Holden, for the great packaging job and getting the box to me. Everything was in great shape.

Martin, the lith prints are great! David, the cyanotypes are most excellent! Thank you, both. I took one of each. :)

Tim, I did not advance the Kodak disposable b&w camera. The counter is on #6. The Canon Sure Shot is 'off'.

...on to Pennsylvania!

Marc

Síle
09-21-2010, 05:19 AM
I have no idea why I'm doing this poetic stuff but I promise no more.....for a while.

And thanks, Chris Holden, for the great packaging job and getting the box to me. Everything was in great shape.

Martin, the lith prints are great! David, the cyanotypes are most excellent! Thank you, both. I took one of each. :)

Tim, I did not advance the Kodak disposable b&w camera. The counter is on #6. The Canon Sure Shot is 'off'.

...on to Pennsylvania!

Marc

Now THAT'S how to move a camera on! :D
Thanks Marc... and please don't apologise for the poetry.. it's a rather pleasant interlude!

Marc Akemann
09-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Thanks, Sheila. Camera should be at Tim Gray's by Thursday. Tracking number with the USPS is 0310 0480 0001 4341 8911.
By the way, if I remember correctly, the counter on the Canon is on #22.

Marc

k_jupiter
09-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Thanks, Sheila. Camera should be at Tim Gray's by Thursday. Tracking number with the USPS is 0310 0480 0001 4341 8911.

Marc

Hell, I don't really remember but I think that is a roll of 36.

I feel cheated on the lith and cyanotype prints. I want to see them too!!! Of course, i could just make my own and feel much better about it.

Thank you for sharing tim. (So northern Californian)

tim in san jose (going to sacrifice some leftover smoked (mesquit) roast beef for hash and eggs fer dinner tonight)

Síle
09-22-2010, 02:33 PM

Marc

Can Marc please come to the top of the class... Now everyone can look at him as a shining example of how to do a travelling camera exchange!! Cheers Marc.. as Tim says, I think it's 36 on the roll so we're still on target!

I feel cheated on the lith and cyanotype prints. I want to see them too!!! Of course, i could just make my own and feel much better about it.

tim in san jose (going to sacrifice some leftover smoked (mesquit) roast beef for hash and eggs fer dinner tonight)

Don't feel cheated Tim.. you will see them! Now about that beef.. will it fit in an envelope do ya think??

Marc Akemann
09-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Uh-oh. Kids at the top of the class get beat up or ignored for the really good parties (where I came from). This makes me nervous, Sheila. ;)

I am wondering if my 'Cornerstone' pic will be focused correctly. The manual said something about 'smart autofocus' being activated if the subject isn't centered whereby the camera will figure out what to do. I also had something substantial in the foreground but off to the side. I composed the scene several times and it seemed the camera focused on what I wanted. We'll see, I guess.

Tim,after working through lunch today, that smoked roast beef (I've never had it smoked), hash & eggs sounds pretty darn good right about now.

Marc