PDA

View Full Version : Around the World with Camera 6...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

mooseontheloose
09-30-2010, 08:13 AM
Ok...so there are 25 people with a vested interest in this camera yet this thread has well over 12,000 views? (!) Are we all so obsessive, or is it compulsive?

Marc Akemann
09-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Soooooo... who's got the magic meatball today?
Let's move it along!

This is like what I hear people tell of their military experience: "hurry up and wait".

Tim Gray in PA has it. A week ago he said "I'll try to get this guy out of the door in the next week or so." We're almost at the 'or so' part so we're still good for a couple of days I think.

And yeah, the 'hurry up and wait thing' in the military was definitely true. In the military everyone did hurry, out of fear. Here in the civilian world with our traveling camera, some people hurry and some don't but we all wait nonetheless.

Marc

Marc Akemann
09-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Ok...so there are 25 people with a vested interest in this camera yet this thread has well over 12,000 views? (!) Are we all so obsessive, or is it compulsive?

Wow! Well, that averages out to 480 hits per person! Perhaps we are obsessive, compulsive, desperate. At the same time, we know we're not the only ones looking at this thread. Outsider/spectators are attracted to car crashes, train wrecks and the like.

Marc

Tim Gray
09-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Definitely on the 'or so' part. Hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend to snap my pic.

k_jupiter
10-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Definitely on the 'or so' part. Hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend to snap my pic.

Snap a picture of hurricane type rain for the rest of us?

tim in non-raining san jose

flatulent1
10-09-2010, 12:44 AM
(sound of crickets chirping...)

tiberiustibz
10-09-2010, 11:07 AM
After I've been waiting for a year and a half, a few more weeks means proportionally very little.

but hurry up please :D

cdholden
10-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Yeah. As fun as it is, it can be sort of aggravating...

YAY!!!! It's FINALLY here!!!!
(dramatic pause)
What do you mean "hurry up and ship it"? I want to ponder it, savor it, enjoy it... Do you know how long I've waited for this?
You're still waiting? Oh, then I guess you do know!

Síle
10-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Yeah. As fun as it is, it can be sort of aggravating...

YAY!!!! It's FINALLY here!!!!
(dramatic pause)
What do you mean "hurry up and ship it"? I want to ponder it, savor it, enjoy it... Do you know how long I've waited for this?
You're still waiting? Oh, then I guess you do know!

Excellent!!!!

You are so right Chris!! Please take your time.. sit and relax... look at the camera.. REALLY look at it.. marvel in it's beauty.. savour the smell.. the texture.. the very feel of it in your hands..
THEN TAKE A FECKIN' PHOTO AND SEND IT ON!!!

:w00t:

Black Dog
10-10-2010, 06:10 PM
HEHEHE:D..

cdholden
10-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Oh, I've already sent it along. I was two exposures ago.
I was just relating my thoughts/experience to tiberiustibz.

I think Tim Gray still has it... for TWO weeks "or so".

Tim Gray
10-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Sorry for the delay. Pictures taken and the cameras will be in the mail tomorrow. I'm going to donate a new box to the cause; the previous one was a little worse for the wear.

k_jupiter
10-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Bout ready to sacrifice not only a chicken but a whole beer along with it.

Beer can chicken done over Mesquite charcoal... sounds like a plan.

BTw - It matters not what kind of beer you use or even beer at all. Just makes the chicken incredibly moist.

Umm umm good.

tim in a place in the world where you can still grill outside in a T-shirt, shorts, and sandals.

tiberiustibz
10-11-2010, 07:17 PM
tim in a place in the world where you can still grill outside in a T-shirt, shorts, and sandals.

rapscallion.

cdholden
10-11-2010, 08:06 PM
It must be getting cold where you are.
I can still grill with less than that. :D

Síle
10-12-2010, 04:17 AM
Sorry Chris.. my bad, I was so elated to think it was moving again I didn't let the truth get in the way! As for grilling in "less" clothes than Tim I don't know whether to be envious or scared... :blink:

Tim (Gray) thank you for moving it along and for providing it with a new home.. I'm sure at this stage the original is a sad and sorry state!

rapscallion.

tiberiustibz...I couldn't have put it better myself...

Tim (in san jose) damn you and your beer can chicken - the weather has definitely turned very chilly here and I'd be more likely to climb aboard the grill myself than allow the chicken the pleasure - I may just leave out the beer can however... :cool:

Steve Smith
10-12-2010, 04:59 AM
Sorry Chris.. my bad

Stop!!! Don't use that horrible American expression. Bad is an adjective which you cannot claim ownership of!!

Steve.

Síle
10-12-2010, 05:52 AM
Stop!!! Don't use that horrible American expression. Bad is an adjective which you cannot claim ownership of!!

Steve.

But if "the bad" is mine then surelyI can claim ownership of it and then it will be all mine!!!!

Removed Account2
10-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Agree Sheila, my bad is mine and not to be claimed by anyone! (trying to put things right at the moment, and if anybody else grabbed on to that, nothing would happen!)

Removed Account2
10-12-2010, 06:43 AM
Steve don't pick on the americans!

The damn yankees (and the southern gentlemen) are a friendly lot....

Unless you try to take away their hamburgers, coke, religion and handguns, then all bets are off!
:-)