PDA

View Full Version : Around the World with Camera 6...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

mooseontheloose
12-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Camera 6 arrived today in the mail. Go Manitoba post!!

In all honesty, opening up the box was better than any Christmas present. It was very exciting to keep pulling out stuff out of the box. I have an idea for the cornerstones theme, but I'm not sure I can do it during the holidays. If not, I have a back-up plan so I can the camera out and about soon.

Merry Christmas everyone!

flatulent1
12-24-2009, 06:15 PM
The feeling of relief after a VERY long period of photographic constipation is enormous. I would not begrudge you a little extra time to get the right shot. Merry Christmas!

Síle
12-25-2009, 08:29 PM
A well earned Christmas gift for us all and our patience..
Thank you to you all.. and thanks also to Martin for getting us back on track :)

Roll on twenty ten!

tiberiustibz
12-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Hey it's getting closer! I may have it in time for the fall colors...

mooseontheloose
01-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Just to let everyone know, the camera is on it's way to Walter (went in the mail yesterday). I apologize for having the camera so long -- trying to stay true to the theme while getting a good photo (and light) was problematic over the holidays. That being said, I liked the challenge of this exchange and hope to participate in a few more to come.

Cheers all.

flatulent1
01-13-2010, 03:04 PM
'Challenge' is a mild word to describe this exchange. 'Entertaining' also applies, I think.

Marc Akemann
01-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the update, Rachelle. I'll bet you took a great photo!

Marc

Síle
01-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Such great news
To banish winter blues...
It's going very well,
Thanks for the update Rachelle..
Now we're rolling again
For twenty ten..

Perhaps I shouldn't attempt poetry.....

Marc Akemann
01-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Síle, I like the hop in your step (so to speak) again. Nice to have the camera moving.

Marc

Síle
01-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Síle, I like the hop in your step (so to speak) again. Nice to have the camera moving.

Marc

There's nothing like some good news to put a spring in your step Marc ;)
Long may it last!

Shawn Rahman
01-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Sile,

What is the latest version of the list? Who is up after Walter?

Síle
01-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Sile,

What is the latest version of the list? Who is up after Walter?

Shawn the next person on the list is Copake_Ham.. he's not been a member of Apug for a couple of years but was still interested last time I heard from him and as he had been in on this from the outset it's only fair to still include him.

I have emailed him to ask him if he is still interested in taking part and PM'd Walter to hold off mailing the camera until we hear back. Hopefully we'll know in a day or two where it's off to next.

If I hear nothing from Copake_Ham the camera will go straight to you!

Leigh Youdale
01-31-2010, 04:18 AM
This is a gigantic version of something I've been a recent participant in, and that's the "Travelling Bessa III Project" in Australia. To promote (and no doubt encourage sales) a new Bessa III 667 folder is in circulation from the Distributors (Mainline Photographic) to about 20 interested photogs in Oz. Each of us gets it to use for two weeks, along with two rolls of Kodak Professional colour film courtesy of a participating sponsor, Horsham Colour Labs. The lab also processed scanned and printed the images from the two films. Neat, eh?
One difference is that at the end of its travels it gets a CLA and is then raffled with one of the (lucky) participants getting the Bessa as a prize! There are now about 20 photographers holding off buying a Bessa III until the day of the raffle!!!

flatulent1
02-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Hey Tim, put the Holga away and get us a Bessa III for the next round, will ya? And put me first on the list!

mooseontheloose
02-01-2010, 08:56 AM
And me second! ;-)

Leigh -- that sounds like a great opportunity! Wish we had something like that here.

Steve Smith
02-01-2010, 09:12 AM
And me second!

I don't think the plan was for it to get that far!

Steve.

flatulent1
02-01-2010, 09:41 AM
I don't think the plan was for it to get that far!

Steve.

Well, umm... <cough> :rolleyes:

Síle
02-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Ok.. I haven't heard back from Copake_Ham since emailing him, so I'm guessing he's out of the loop.. If he does get back to me at some point in the future, we can always add him in then.

So it looks as if the camera is ready to make it's way on..

Walter has suggested sending it to Washington State first rather than the East Coast.. which probably makes a lot more sense.. But this will mean everyone working from the end of the list backwards.. I'm loathe to confuse the c**p out of everyone at this stage.. so please throw your 2 cents worth in and let me know what you think.. But it would be nice to see it the ole cameras have a run of good luck for a change! If we do choose to go that way it'll be lmn first and then Flatulent1 and so on backwards until we reach Jnanian.. and then back to Europe..

My next suggestion is that we all get cooking and do some serious damage to some chickens.. it's time for pagan rituals again! :o

Marc Akemann
02-05-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm kind of in the middle of the list as it stands now so either way, West or East Coast, makes no difference to me.
Hmmm, chicken sounds good right about now.

-Marc

tiberiustibz
02-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Do whatever you want. If I get a camera, I will take a picture with it and send it to whoever I read on the list. If we do revise the route, we should have someone print a revised list lest we confuse ourselves with crisscrossed red arrows. Best draw them in chicken blood.

I naturally prefer it came to me sooner if that's any help.