PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Shooting Assignment-May/June 2009: Water

barbara ann
05-04-2009, 07:25 AM
These are busy days for most of us as we get our homes and gardens ready for summer, so an easy to fulfill subject for the MSA is in order. Thus, I have chosen: Water! It comes in many forms and all are eligible. From rain to dew drops to tears, rivers, oceans and puddles in the street. Let's see if we can produce some unique images of this ubiquitous entity! I'll try to post some sample soon...

shakyhandsJames
05-05-2009, 06:39 AM
so...shoot water, and we all compare? cool :)

sly
05-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Water! Great! One of my favorite topics - there's a river across the road...oh yeah, you've seen it already. Ah... what the heck, I'll photograph it again. Changes all the time!

MattKing
05-05-2009, 09:47 PM
I think that this subject may give an unfair advantage to some of us in British Columbia :).

Matt

nsouto
05-05-2009, 11:45 PM
hmmm........
we're 75% desert here in Australia,
I guess it's time to break out the macro gear!
:p

sandvann
05-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Lots of possibilities at this MSA. Good choice. Seems I submitted the first one.

mekia02
05-06-2009, 02:21 PM
How can I pull up the MSA photos by the month, or is there a way to view them by theme/topic?

sandvann
05-07-2009, 05:06 AM
In the MSA gallery you can only limit to "Recent Photos 1 day 7 days 14 days all". I usually find the first image in the MSA-periode by date and scroll to the last entry.

barbara ann
05-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Well, we seem to be off to a good start! Keep those watery images coming! I've posted a few sample (file) photos to keep the ball rolling.
Right now I'm eyeing my humming bird feeder filled with - sugar water. Hmmm...

MattKing
05-09-2009, 06:25 PM
I've posted a couple. For those who aren't subscribers, here they are:

Matt

barbara ann
05-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Oh My Goodness! We're only a few days into the May/June assignment and already I can see I'm going to have a VERY hard time selecting a winner! These are some wonderful photos...

barbara ann
07-03-2009, 07:47 PM
To my fellow MSAers:
Well, I've been tossing and turning trying to decide which of the marvelous water photos you all submitted is the best. I'm only allowed to pick one, I know, but if I could, here's how it would go! Honorable Mention to Uncle Bill for his lovely, lyrical Sherman Falls, the same to Matt King for Wake 2, a fine abstract interpretation of the theme, and also an Honorable Mention to Brad Bireley for his unusual POV Water Over Dam. Third place would go to nsouto's gently peaceful Morning Row, Second place to Sly's gorgeous silky Manaimo River. But top honors go to Bertus' Rain Water, for a most unique interpretation of the theme, enhanced by hand coloring. So there you have it. July/August, I believe is in Sly's capable hands, so go for it Sly!
Best Regards,
barbara ann

sly
07-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Good choice Barbara Ann. I've posted the new topic "Signage" as a new thread.

Let's encourage lots of participation - time for some new input in the MSA!

Bertus
07-04-2009, 06:53 AM
Thanks barbara ann! I like the next assignment "Signase" and will try to take some pictures for this subject. And I believe I must think about the subject for the assignment sept/okt?

nsouto
07-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Well done, Bertus! And thanks heaps, Barbara.
Keep them rolling, folks. I have to apologize for contributing very little: things at work have gone mad and I find little time to do anything out of it. As soon as I can get some free time, I'll be back with a vengeance!

Uncle Bill
07-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Thank you for the honorable mention Barbara Ann.