PDA

View Full Version : Filter size for Bergheil 13.5cm heliar?

walter23
05-04-2009, 12:54 PM
I measured it with a tape and it looks like 35mm, but I'm not sure what the pitch is, etc. Is there a standard filter size that would work with this lens?

gandolfi
05-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi Walter.*I have several filters for my Bergheil, and one of them is called OMAG 37 (not original), and I mesured the diameter and it is 37mm, not 35 (I think...;)).
It is a "click-on" system, so if you find some a little larger, then you can bend the small "arms" on the filter to make the filter fit.
I bought a Voightlander SUPERB (twin reflex) and wanted some filters for it. In Prague, I found loads of old filters for the Czeck "Flexaret" camera, and even though they have slightly larger filters, it was easy to make them fit. And they were almost for free....

Mark Layne
05-04-2009, 02:55 PM
These would normally have been used with 37mm push on filters and hoods
Mark

JPD
05-04-2009, 02:56 PM
It takes 37mm push-on (also called "slip-on") filters. The threads are only for the front element retaining ring and unusable for filters.

Until recently, push-on filters were available new from B+W and Heliopan. But there are lots of 37mm push-on filters on the used market, since many cameras used that size.

walter23
05-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the info.