PDA

View Full Version : "NO PIXELS - 2009" Exhibition ?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

jessthespringer
07-21-2009, 04:33 AM
Good stuff, thanks Peter. What do I need to do?

thefizz
07-21-2009, 08:37 AM
You need to send a few scans to Hugh and a brief bio to Simplicius.

hughitb
07-21-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm not sure there is any need to send scans to me. I already made the DVDs up. This in no way precludes anyone else from getting involved though ..... DVD is just a sample of work .... I suggest just send a bio to Simplicius

WolfTales
07-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Huh

jessthespringer
07-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Ok, so, what kind of things are you including in the bio (sorry, if that's a dumb question, but, first time doing this and all...)

Also, how many prints are people submitting?

wfe
07-21-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm curious to know why a digital term would be used in the name of an analog exhibition? Extremely confusing to me............. :confused: :confused:

thefizz
07-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Its just a few lines about yourself, ie., what sort of photography you do. Most of us entered 3 prints each last year.

jessthespringer
07-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Ok.. Thanks. I send him a PM with my bio. 3 prints. Grand so...

jessthespringer
07-28-2009, 06:32 AM
I had a read through the rest of the thread, all be it a quick read, but I didn't really see any mention of any dates, one mention of September another in November...

Is there any update of when the exhibition will be?

Sinead

Vincent Brady
07-31-2009, 06:48 AM
Sinead,
We had a very successful exhibition last year organised by Fintan and The Fizz and my query was to see if people were interested in having one this year. There have being enough expressions of interest for me to believe that we can hold one, if not this year then certainly next year. Some of the ground work has already begun so don't give up hope.

Cheers
Vincent

thefizz
07-31-2009, 06:55 AM
How is the proposal coming along Anthony?

2F/2F
07-31-2009, 07:10 AM
Good luck with the event.

I do agree that the name is negative. Funny to those in the know about analog (including myself), but perhaps weird/uninviting to those who do not. So, I guess you have to consider who the audience is. Do you want only analog types there, or do you want to open the eyes of digital types as well?

Also, since pixel means picture element, there could be confusion. Though the term only applies to digital images, even analog pix are made up of picture elements.

Pictures Less Pixels? Pixeless Exhibit? The Pixel-Free Zone? Pixel-Free Exhibit? Etc...

Vincent Brady
07-31-2009, 01:01 PM
[I do agree that the name is negative.]Good luck with the event.

I do agree that the name is negative. Funny to those in the know about analog (including myself), but perhaps weird/uninviting to those who do not. So, I guess you have to consider who the audience is. Do you want only analog types there, or do you want to open the eyes of digital types as well?

Also, since pixel means picture element, there could be confusion. Though the term only applies to digital images, even analog pix are made up of picture elements.

Pictures Less Pixels? Pixeless Exhibit? The Pixel-Free Zone? Pixel-Free Exhibit? Etc...[/QUOTE]

2F/2F
Don't worry about the title it was the one that was used last year and is being used now as a working title to rally Irish analog workers for the next exhibition. I'm sure we will come up with suitable one for our next one.

Cheers
TEX

Rafal Lukawiecki
08-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi All,

I've had my 3 prints at the last year's Airfield show. Is it too late to sign up for the upcoming one?

Have the approximate dates been selected? What about the theme?

Rafal

Vincent Brady
08-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Hi Rafal,

No need to panic, as of yet we have no closing date or venue. As far as I know no theme has been mentioned.

Cheers
TEX

Simplicius
08-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Ladies & Gents, don't worry it is coming, I promise to have a draft for discussion out by Monday... Just been a mad month or so with everything going on.

Anthony

dustfree
09-26-2009, 08:10 PM
any more news on this? be interested to know theme, date, venue etc., june

thefizz
09-27-2009, 07:48 AM
I think we may plan for 2010 at this stage.

dustfree
09-28-2009, 11:40 AM
ok thanks,would like to join in too. can someone let me know what I have to do? june