PDA

View Full Version : NW Houston area gathering

Pages : [1] 2 3

Valerie
05-24-2009, 03:08 PM
This started over on the Texas Photo site... thought I'd mention it here as well. If you are in the area, we would love to see ya! Send a pm for address.

http://www.texasphotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100319

Valerie

photomc
05-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Go Houston Folks....you guys seem to be getting this going. Wish I could make it down, but not this go round..but maybe another time.

Valerie
05-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Here's a bumb and some info.

Saturday May 30

In Magnolia, at my place. Late afternoon, 5-ish.
Beer, BBQ, prints to ogle.
RSVP and I'll send a pm with address and directions.

What do you need to bring? Prints (duh!), your preferred beverage, and food to share. We will provide the BBQ, but feel free to bring your own dead animals to throw on the pit.

Valerie

David Brown
05-29-2009, 08:42 AM
"bumb" ?

Valerie
05-29-2009, 09:40 PM
lol

bumP

EricEvanLee
07-25-2009, 10:52 PM
What does it take to join this NW Houston group?

Venchka
07-25-2009, 11:18 PM
$100/meeting payable to me!

JUST KIDDING! It's very informal. You are more than welcome to join us. We are currently discussing a get together in either The Woodlands or Huntsville. The weekend of August 16 or 17. Stay tuned. We'll let everyone know.

Some of us are always up for an early Sunday morning in the Heights, Glenwood Cemetery, etc. and a trip to a good taqueria on Washington just west of the cemetery.

Come up with an idea of your own and we will meet you.

Ibdman
09-23-2009, 05:26 PM
I live in the north side of Houston, not far from Greenspoint Mall. Is there is any club meetings in and around my side of town? Looking to get back into my hobby of med. and large format photography.

Valerie
09-24-2009, 06:42 AM
You know, we are overdue for a dinner gathering.......

sdivot
09-24-2009, 09:11 PM
I would agree with that Valerie....
Steve
www.scdowellphoto.com

Valerie
09-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Time to arrange a gathering??? I'd be up for that.

Venchka
09-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Sure. If it's a weekend when I'm in Houston I'm up for anything. What did y'all have in mind? Lee is promoting an expedition out toward Washington-on-the-Brazos the weekend of the 24-25 the Texas Photo Forum. I found out today that I probably can't go that far that weekend.

Closer to home, what can we do & when? Weeknight? Weekend?

tropicpine
10-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Wayne: Bummed to hear you might not make it.

I thought I'd post a link (http://www.texasphotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108987)to the current 'when can you make it' poll in case anyone here at APUG wanted to join in.

Valerie
10-02-2009, 06:11 PM
I'd be happy just to get together for dinner..... too much going on right now for a day-long event for me.

Venchka
10-04-2009, 12:55 PM
I'd be happy just to get together for dinner..... too much going on right now for a day-long event for me.

I can do that. Lee has new toys for Show & Tell. I have a new toy or 2.

Valerie, say where and when.

Valerie
10-04-2009, 03:07 PM
:confused: oh no! The pressure!

I'll see what I can come up with... but suggestions are welcome.

clay
10-04-2009, 05:47 PM
i'd be up for a dinner meeting as well. Like Valerie, I have a ton of stuff going on right now, but its mostly good.

Venchka
10-13-2009, 08:12 AM
:confused: oh no! The pressure!

I'll see what I can come up with... but suggestions are welcome.

Suggestion: Lisa & I really enjoyed the steakhouse in Montgomery where they had the wine festival. We could plan a late lunch/early dinner and anyone who wanted to wander around Montgomery with a camera before/after would be free to do so.

Any other location with good eats and a similar setting would be fine. Clay, somewhere in The Woodlands that would lend itself to an informal photo outing before or after a meal? It's getting dark fairly early now. I would like to try my hand at evening photos.

Someplace where folks like me coming from Cypress-Copperfield won't get tied up in RenFest traffic going to/from.

Could that work?

clay
10-13-2009, 08:49 AM
There are a few brew-pub places in the Woodlands located right by the waterway. I have gotten some interesting night-time photo stuff there. We could do dinner and then walk the loop around the riverwalk. It is about an hour or so at a leisurely pace. With the early light, that might be a good alternative. There is enough artificial light along the way to make taking pictures handheld with fast film not much of a problem with a 1.4 or 1.7 lens

Venchka
10-13-2009, 08:52 AM
There are a few brew-pub places in the Woodlands located right by the waterway. I have gotten some interesting night-time photo stuff there. We could do dinner and then walk the loop around the riverwalk. It is about an hour or so at a leisurely pace. With the early light, that might be a good alternative. There is enough artificial light along the way to make taking pictures handheld with fast film not much of a problem with a 1.4 or 1.7 lens

Clay,

That sounds perfect. I'm going home this weekend. I'll be in Houston the weekend of Oct. 24-25.

The Harrison Changing Tent is fabulous! I can't imagine photography without it.

Wayne