PE

c.d.ewen
09-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Ron:

Still waiting. How's it going?

Charley

Christopher Walrath
09-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Just spoke with Ron. And I hope I am not being too forward as to be speaking on his behalf until he replies in person. He has had other things going on this summer. I await the release as well. And I am sure he is putting as much energy into the project as can be diverted.

Sirius Glass
09-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Ron is waiting as fast as he can. :)

Steve

Photo Engineer
09-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Actually, I am having a problem with an emulsion.

Those that have proof read the current draft of the book have suggested more informaiton on why things happen. This should be in the formulas section. So, that is one thing I am working on revising.

Then too, I am trying to fix a solarization problem with an emulsion. At first I thought the original samples had a coating defect, but it was solarization so I am studying the problem. It is basically a 100 speed AgBr/I and may need metal dopants. So, I have that to fix in the lab and then write up.

Next, it was suggested that I have an actual pump make in the book just like the work on the DVD. Even though any formula can be done using pumps, a specific example was thought to be in order, and so I am working on a double run emulsion with ramped addition that might be as high in speed as ISO 400. IDK yet.

The last thing suggested was some tests showing addition of specific stabilzers for keeping. My assumption right now has been to make and use, even though they keep for over 6 months coated or in the fridge. In fact, the best keeping was over 1 year. But, I want to do at least one example comparing the normal and stabilzed example.

So, I've been reading, re-reading and editing. It is progressing, but as Chris said, events this summer brought the work to an abrupt halt in early spring. I hope to be back to full time lab and writing work in mid October.

Best wishes to all and my thanks for your patience.

PE

Christopher Walrath
09-30-2009, 08:09 PM
We are ever your faithful.

RalphLambrecht
09-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Put me on the waiting list as well!

c.d.ewen
09-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Best wishes to all and my thanks for your patience.
PE

Same to you. Let us know if we can help.

Charley

Emulsion
10-04-2009, 02:39 AM
PE,

Keep up the good work. I am very keen to buy the book/dvd.

Thanks
Emulsion

doughowk
10-04-2009, 07:04 AM
Also interested in the book & DVD. Sounds like it will be quite thorough.

Q.G.
10-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Would perhaps be quicker to count the APUGgers who don't want a copy of the book. ;)

J. Miller Adam
11-28-2009, 12:11 PM
So...

Any chance the most-anticipated photo tech book of the new century will be available to the holiday shopping season (since there wasn't a Ron Mowrey Black Friday Shopping Event assault on my email yesterday)?

If getting the thing fully finished is perpetually shimmering on the far horizon, perhaps publishing it as it exists and publishing an update addendum might ease the publication process, as well as introduce some (hopefully) useful income earlier in the process. Given the technical, unique and valuable nature of the information you have to share, I know I'd be happy to settle for 90% fabulous. And what if you get hit by a truck tomorrow (as my administrators always tell me)?

Maybe engineers shouldn't be their own editors (or marketers) ;)

Sincerely,
An antsy artist who doesn't like to wait....

Photo Engineer
11-28-2009, 12:21 PM
JMA;

I am doing my best. I've been sitting here for several hours, typing AAMOF. I have been adding the material that readers thought appropriate or that I found I have left out. That is about all I can say. As I type, I flip back and forth to APUG and when really tired, I go to the lab and do more experiments. Right now, I am working on vAg, but the next task is the ultra high speed emulsion.

I might add, without revealing too much, that my book may be eclipsed totally by another book that is at about the same stage of development as mine, but is going to be a real blockbuster when it arrives.

So there! I hope that I have whetted a few appetites. The lid has been kept on this other book, but when I saw the draft last week it blew my mind. You are all going to love it and both books will make a handsome addition to anyone's library on photography.

No other comments now! No questions, nothing. That is all you get from me.

PE

J. Miller Adam
11-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Jeez!

It's like having to wait until Christmas Day to open your presents!:mad:

Maybe you'll have to have the cover of your book be in Kodak Yellow to make it stand out!

Keep plugging away!

JMA

Christopher Walrath
11-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Thank for the update, Ron. Keep up the work, my boy.

wildbillbugman
11-28-2009, 08:31 PM
PE,
That should be illegal! Writing about a "blockbuster" which will "eclipse" your own book. That is beyond a "tease", and is as close to torture as is "waterboarding". I cannot help but start to guess. But I wont make my gueses public because I will probably be wrong. But I can only think of about two things that it could be. That is as long as I stay within the limits of what is "possible".
Bill:o:confused:

3Dfan
02-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Any updates?

wildbillbugman
02-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Yes!!!!!!
I reiterate my last post in this thread!
Bill:D

Photo Engineer
02-15-2010, 05:54 PM
I've posted an update in another thread here. I don't have a reference, but it was posted today in answer to a question from Tom Kershaw about learning electronics.

I'm working on it Bill. Please be patient. I am not a fast writer and have had to do weeks of vAg experiments in the lab in order to complete one chapter. I am waiting for pump tubing at the present time for the next set of experiments. The last batch was not the right type and the correct type is still on order.

See the other post for more information.

PE

3Dfan
02-15-2010, 06:31 PM
I applaud your dedication to making a quality product.