PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 17 Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18

Roger Thoms
08-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Here is the post which includes Simon's address and Sean's as well.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/26912-apug-postcard-exchange-introduction-schedules.html#post757280

Matt

Matt, thank you so much, I'll sent cards to Simon and Sean.

For all the people in my group, I finally mailed my post cards. They went to the post office this evening. \

Roger Thoms

Christopher Walrath
08-24-2009, 07:56 PM
I got Tim's card Friday last. The aspect I am most impressed with is the choice of paper for the subject. When I turned it on an angle and noticed the metallic look to the statue I was amazed. When I saw the paper printed on, I was impressed. Very creative.

Roger Thoms
08-24-2009, 07:59 PM
I just got Tim's postcard today also, first thing I noticed was the metallic shine, very cool.

Roger

drpsilver
08-24-2009, 09:59 PM
24 Aug 2009

Tim Gray's arrived today. As Tim said the image is kinda creepy. The metalic paper makes it look almost 3-D. Tim, thanks for the card, and introducing me to Kodak's ENDURA paper.

Regards,
Darwin

Tim Gray
08-24-2009, 11:09 PM
So here's the 38 cards I've gotten so far (12 more coming in?). Great round so far!

MattKing - Fun looking walkway!
Pete H - The water might be cliche as you put it, but you captured it well. I've always wanted to do this kind of shot but never have yet...
Guus - beautiful moody looking scene.
Bennett - Always fun to see color, especially Kodachrome.
Mooseontheloose - I love HIE. I love the kid in the foreground. Great picture!
Mike C - I love the detail in the moth and love the toning. Great picture!
bwakel - I love the symmetry in this picture.
lorirfrommontana - lovely yellowstone river shot. Makes me want to go back and visit again.
Cara - love the forms and shapes on this one.
Rmann - Great door shot - I'd love to see the rest.
fleath - motion blur adds to this shot.
drpsilver - cool ruins.
aluk - looks like a nice place to hang out and relax
Ozphoto - did I say I love HIE? great high contrast print!
Mike Wilde - beautiful landscape.
Johannes - wonderful print. great framing.
John Addison - the building looks so lonely there.
Buster 6x6 - I agree with your title.
Anke - captured of the mood of the scene - I like the printing here.
Wolfgang - Blew me away. This was on a Holga? Great picture, great print, great paper.
Boyd - I love tracks. Wonder who it was and what they were doing.
Tocalosh - nice grab shot here - captures the excitement.
kwhitmore - I don't know if you toned this, but I like it.
OMU - love this picture.
Jan - semi-final for what?
L.Sly - Nice picture. Crisp. I like the water drops.
Rudiger - awesome pinhole. Love it.
Pat Parker - wouldn't want to mess with him.
Mark R. - I like the texture of the statue.
Crispinuk - I like the colors and the misty background.
Mick Fagan - I hope you take pictures of all your nieces, nephews, etc. Great portrait.
kraker - I like the blues. Nice picture.
Wayne F - cool find. That collabsible smokestack really makes it portable :D
Roger B - Love the foggy pictures.
Rob Skeoch - Great. Makes me wish I took this picture.
Charlotte S - I love it. Playful photo - nice print too.
DrZish - Lovely dark moody picture.

Also:
Disney world photo - great subject - always love to see old paper.

FotoGys
08-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Today the photo of Tim Gray arrived. Incredible this Endura Metallic paper, didn't know of the existence but gives the shot a complete new dimension. Like it a lot

Guus

Pete H
08-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Today I received cards from
Tim Gray: yes, great choice of paper! The idea of hanging the statue from the chain is a bit strange ...
DrZish: the ravine looks very dank. Where are the fungi and giant spiders?

cheers
Pete

mike c
08-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Rogers (rtbadman) post card came today.very good interpretation of a salty old galvanized trash can. Great texture and tone,Thanks Roger

Mike

Tim Gray
08-27-2009, 09:32 PM
Roger, I got your card today - really like the print. Thanks!

Tim Gray
08-27-2009, 10:29 PM
I was cleaning and found two other cards on my table. Whoops.

Anyway, I like Black Dog's interpretation of Christmas lights (and the square print) and Eric's Rock and Roll Girl. Was that a tattoo I presume?

ozphoto
08-28-2009, 01:20 AM
Only one card this week - Tim's Angel; like Pete I also love the paper choice!!
I've got some superb industrial shots that would match nicely with that paper - stainless steel etc. :)

Am relocating to BKK on Monday - so any cards that arrive from now on, I won't be able to see in the flesh. :( I'll get to see them on Skype and will let you know what arrives at later dates.

Have printed up for the next round - I didn't want to miss out and they can all be sent to me at my new place!! Looking forward to it.

Christopher Walrath
08-28-2009, 06:48 AM
Wirelessly posted (BBBold: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I got Roger's print today. Good to see LF work in the exchange.

Roger, I did't see my name on your list. Did you get my card or do I need to resend?

Pete H
08-28-2009, 06:56 AM

Am relocating to BKK on Monday - so any cards that arrive from now on, I won't be able to see in the flesh. :( I'll get to see them on Skype and will let you know what arrives at later dates.

Have printed up for the next round - I didn't want to miss out and they can all be sent to me at my new place!! Looking forward to it.

Nanette, I hope the move goes well!

Pete

Roger Thoms
08-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Wirelessly posted (BBBold: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I got Roger's print today. Good to see LF work in the exchange.

Roger, I did't see my name on your list. Did you get my card or do I need to resend?

Yes I got it, nice shot of a head stone and tree right.

Roger

Christopher Walrath
08-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Yeah, just making sure.

ozphoto
08-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Thanks Pete; expanding my business horizons into Asia.
Hopefully the architectural photography I will undertake exceeds their expectations! :)

Looking forward to next sign-up.

lorirfrommontana
08-29-2009, 01:35 PM
I finally scanned and posted all the pictures that I did for the postcard exchange. I sure have had fun with this exchange. Looking forward to the rest of the cards (I only have 9 left to get!) and the next sign up!
-Lori

sly
08-31-2009, 11:35 AM
It's been a crazy busy summer for me, I haven't been keeping good track of the cards as they have come in. Always a lift to see a postcard in the mailbox, and my husband and I enjoy discussing each when it arrives.
We are about to leave for a lenghthy trip and I won't be taking part in the next round, but I'll be signing up for the one after that. Have a great fall everybody, and I'll try to take a few postcard worthy shots while we're away.

rst
09-01-2009, 02:06 AM
Hey, sign up for the next round is now open. You can sing up HERE! (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/65792-postcard-exchange-round-18-sign-up.html)

To everyone who has not sent the cards yet: You are now late, so please do not wait too long.

Cheers
Ruediger

BWKate
09-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Sorry I'm late again! Half are printed and am waiting on $$$ to send. Will post when I'm sending.