PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 17 Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Alex Bishop-Thorpe
06-05-2009, 06:04 AM
I take that back.

$60 for postage from Freestyles for a pack of paper...yikes

Yep, we kind of get screwed no matter how you look at it. When I first got interested in traditional photography I was at my parent's, which is quite rural (towards Victor Harbor), so the best option was mail order. To make ordering from Freestyle viable, you have to order a few hundred dollars worth of stuff at any one time - $60-$100 is about the range with their shipping price. It's not so bad if you're ordering $400 of stuff, but it's still a painful amount to pay.

Christopher Walrath
06-05-2009, 06:57 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Oh Matt, now the surprise is ruined.

Roger

Roger (and Christopher):

You do realise that the attachment to my post is not the postcard image itself, but rather all 24 cards waiting to be dispatched?

Besides, the attachment's angle of view was chosen carefully - enough to tease, but not enough to reveal all ;)

Matt

I know that. Just messin'. I an hardly wait to get them.

BWKate
06-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Your postcards look great Matt! I have to get in the darkroom to start mine....

rst
06-05-2009, 05:04 PM
It seems that my address correction PM caused some confusion. Just to be clear: If you do not have Katherine on your list, just forget about the PM.

Thanks
Rüdiger

ozphoto
06-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Hi Hoffy.

Maybe give Graphic Arts Supplies a call - they stock Ilford chemicals and paper and are just up from L&P (Total Photo) in Kent Town
Cheryl or Ann will be able to help you out - may even be able to get it in for you. Tell them I suggested you give them a call.

- Nanette

tocalosh
06-06-2009, 05:54 AM
My first card arrived today!

Thank you Peter H, a very interesting pinhole image. (I wont say anthing else, dont want to spoil the suprise for others) Its reminded me that i havent used my Zeroimage pinhole camera for ages, will have to have a play in the house with it today, too wet to take it outside.

I have to get in the darkroom to start my cards. Still need to pick an image to print!

-Sam

bwakel
06-06-2009, 06:02 AM
First card arrived today from Pete H. Nice shot of waterfalls in Betws y Coed, Wales. Lovely area - we were there over New Year and the temperature never raised above -2C meaning hoar frosts, snow and ice, it was quite beautiful. Thanks for the card.

Mine are done and now have the labels applied so hopefully they'll be in the post on Monday.

Barry

hoffy
06-06-2009, 07:04 AM
Hi Hoffy.

Maybe give Graphic Arts Supplies a call - they stock Ilford chemicals and paper and are just up from L&P (Total Photo) in Kent Town
Cheryl or Ann will be able to help you out - may even be able to get it in for you. Tell them I suggested you give them a call.

- Nanette

Cheers Nanette. I will do

OMU
06-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Hi
My first card arrived yesterday. From Pete H.
A nice pinhole photo. So it seems as Pete H sending out different cards this time.
Tanks Pete. :-)

I' m planning to print mine to morrow, but it will still take some time until it arrives out there.

lorirfrommontana
06-06-2009, 10:59 AM
I just received my first 2 cards. One from Chris Walrath (awesome cemetary shot) and one from Matt King (Walkway through the trees - nice). They are both great! Matt's got a bit eaten by the mail machines but I guess that is part of being a post card. I will have to go get my photo pages to put them into. What fun!!! Can't wait to see everyone's chosen prints!
Lori

MattKing
06-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks Lori - good to know it got there so quick.

Matt

paul_c5x4
06-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Got mine in the post today.... Shipping paper to Australia one sheet at a time is indeed expensive :D

Pete H
06-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi
My first card arrived yesterday. From Pete H.
A nice pinhole photo. So it seems as Pete H sending out different cards this time.

Thanks Odd Magne, Sam and Barry.
Yes, I usually print 2 or 3 different negatives for a postcard exchange (2 this round), just to keep it interesting.
I had to get mine out as I'll be travelling a lot in the next few weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing cards from everyone! :)

Pete

Roger Thoms
06-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Matt just got your postcard today, the first one to arrive!!! Looks great, appreciate all the info, thanks.
Roger

Christopher Walrath
06-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Glad you liked it Lori. I just went out and shot it again yesterday at lunch.

bkalafut
06-08-2009, 05:01 AM
The first of mine (to U.S. addresses) should go out in the morning's mail.

I'm a bit disappointed with Mpix's postcard printing service; I wanted to show the full frame of the scanned Kodachrome, but instead find that it's cropped in a way that too much alters the composition. Does anyone have any recommendations for color postcard printing? Next round I'll probably do the Ilford postcard paper thing, but I may want to do color again in the future.

Mick Fagan
06-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Fleath, I was in Vanbar's last week and enquired as to whether they still had any in stock. A check of their computer revealed no stock in Australia. I think I bought about their last 400 sheets a few months ago, it was very old stock, like about 8 years.

As CR Kennedy the importer of Ilford product, refuses to import Ilford Postcard stock, unless there is any old stock in Australia, you will not be able to source any inside Australia.

I bought 1,000 sheets from Germany a couple of years ago, I'm almost through that lot and I think I will just cut up other stock to size for the future.

Mick.

FotoGys
06-08-2009, 12:25 PM
I've got mine in the post today, monday 2009-06-08. I'am a bit excited about what I'll receive as well as what you receivers find of my photo.
Hope to receive a complete set of 25 pictures in return so I can make a sort of photobook of this at the costs of approx. euro 25,--. Seems resonable!

Guus

Christopher Walrath
06-08-2009, 01:03 PM

Mine are out, Guus. Can't wait to see what you have for us.

rmann
06-08-2009, 05:08 PM
I have sent mine out today - also got my first two in the mail today. As a first timer this is interesting - I am looking forward to seeing what everyone has selected to do.