PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 17 Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Christopher Walrath
06-30-2009, 09:52 PM
I received two more today.

Wolfgang's Walk with Dog and Holga
Very mystical IR rendition even if pointed and shot with a plastic camera.
Very well seen and this is eveidenced in a very light print. I love it.

Oz. I absolutely love your IR sunset shot. Is that water in the ground?
Fantastic use of the light and filtration.

These two, along with Rachelle's have thrown it over the top. I have ABSOLUTELY got to get myself some IR film and get to playing.

Keep 'em comin'.

ozphoto
06-30-2009, 11:35 PM
Hi Christopher.
It's a lake with the dead trees rising up through the water.
My first foray into IR and I loved it! Such a pity I didn't buy more of it when I had the chance. :(

Looking forward to seeing the cards that have arrived, but won't be able to comment until after July 20.

- Nanette
www.nanettereid.com

hoffy
07-01-2009, 07:12 AM
I finally got another one (note to self....put in for more cards next time!). This time it was from fleath (well, it probably only had to travel 20kms). An interesting shot. Keeps me looking

Pete H
07-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Two more cards arrived today
ozphoto's very graphic IR tree: stark and simple - I like it!
Fleath's running child, full of the joys of childhood.

Thanks!
Pete

mike c
07-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Just received Fleath's card today loks like there is somebody to help him along,thanks Fleath brings back memory's of my own kids when they were young.

Mike

Buster6X6
07-01-2009, 08:34 PM
I have to apologize I miss placed Rlibresky's card which I received last week, sorry.
As Drpsilver said brings memories back when we had dark room's everywhere and Kodak paper was available at the corner store. Very nice.

Greg

FotoGys
07-03-2009, 02:27 AM
Just a thought,
how about we all scan the postcard we sent and put them all together in a 'slideshow' of the round 17 postcard exchange?

All these messages make me curious about what all of you received other than the ones in my 'group'.

Guus

Pete H
07-03-2009, 02:50 AM
Guus,

It's a good idea, but there is a Postcard Exchange Gallery already and unfortunately not many people put their cards into it.

I would like to see some of the others too, especially as some people send out different photos, so even if you get a card from them you don't see the others they have printed.

cheers
Pete

Christopher Walrath
07-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I don't have a scanner so if anyone would like to add mine for me that would be fine.

I got Fleath's card yesterday. Very appropriate as childhood was a blur. And I love the way you could play a round of golf with the grain. Great print. Thanks.

lorirfrommontana
07-03-2009, 12:51 PM
I'll put mine in the exchange gallery soon. I just wanted to be sure everyone had received it (them) first! I have received 3 more cards: Fleath, aluk and hoffy! They were all great!

hoffy
07-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Gallery? This means I might have to subscribe!

I must admit that each day I get home and there is no cards is a bit disappointing. I'm sure that the remainder of mine will come in one big flurry at the end!

Rob Skeoch
07-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Well I'm back from my assignment in China.... with 23 rolls of film to soup and go through. I hope to have something worth printing as my postcard.

-Rob Skeoch

johnnywalker
07-03-2009, 11:22 PM
I mailed mine out yesterday, but I'm thinking I might not have put "Johnnywalker" anywhere on the card. There is a "John" on one side though, and a tree or two on the other, not to spoil the anticipatory excitement I'm sure the 20 lucky recipients are all feeling right now.:D

Gennari
07-06-2009, 04:53 AM
Hi everyone, just to let you know, I have now printed my postcards and will send them off this week.

Please forgive occasional drying spots, as my right arm is immobilized atm following surgery, I couldn´t quite hang the cards on the drying line as usually.

bdial
07-06-2009, 06:11 AM
I still need to print mine, soon, I promise.

KWhitmore
07-06-2009, 09:28 AM
My postcards are printed and awaiting some stamps!

Anke Drewitz
07-07-2009, 02:04 AM
My postcards are on the fly, hope you enjoy.
There are some cards I will report on later.

Anke

Buster6X6
07-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Two more cards arrived last couple of days.
Wolfgang Moersch Walking the Dog and Holga. Another beautiful IR image I should really defrost one role of my IR film ,What a contrast.
Ozphoto With an very nice image again taken on HIE Kodak film I think I am getting inspired here :)

Greg

ozphoto
07-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Hi Greg.

I love HIE too - such a pity I didn't stock up when I had the chance! :(
Looking forward to seeing all the cards I've received when I finally return home after 4 months on the road.

- Nanette

rst
07-08-2009, 01:06 AM
So I finally have my cards printed and they will go out into the mail by the end of the week or early next week.

In the meantime I received many beautiful postcards. I will comment later.

Cheers
Rüdiger