PDA

View Full Version : How do you mark your plate holders?

JPD
06-02-2009, 09:10 AM
How do you mark your plate holders? I print small labels (ca 1,5 x 3 cm) on thicker paper, put Scotch Magic tape on the side I write on, and attach them to the holders with double sided tape. It works nicely. With a pencil I write the film type they are loaded with, and after exposure I mark them with an "X". It's easy to write and erase on the matte tape surface.

DannL
06-02-2009, 10:19 AM
The only marking that I place on the plate holders is a number, usually inscribed on a small sticky-backed circular label. The numbers a semi-permanent, used to identify each holder. I annotate details with regard to the specific holder, it's number, film used, exposuse, how I felt, weather, etc in a small notebook. After film development I will transfer this information onto to the protective film sleeve with a fine tip permanent marker, only for those few negatives that are worth maintaining.

Vaughn
06-02-2009, 10:42 AM
My film holders have a little white areas already for writing in. In that spot I write the holder number in ink (sides are "a"or "b") and in pencil I write the name of the film...or perhaps just the ASA since I do not use a wide variety of film. Exposure info goes into a notebook after each shot, and that info and development info goes onto the paper 4-fold envelope the negative is stored in.

Vaughn

Michael W
06-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Masking tape

archphoto
06-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Circular label: green for slide, orange for color neg, black for B&W.
An extra circular label can be added: blue for T-film, or white with speed for B&W

Has been working for the past 25 years this way, mind you I seldon switch film, so it is always clear to me.

Peter

JPD
06-06-2009, 10:02 AM
I seldom take notes of the exposure. I guess I'm lazy, but somehow I use to remember what camera I used and exposure for important shots. I do have a small notebook somewhere that I bought for taking with me, but...