PDA

View Full Version : NE Ohio, July 25-26th, 2009 Apug Gathering at the Powers’ House

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

winger
07-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Looking forward to the good company and fun. Also recalled I need to bring the Greene "Primitive Photography" book for Bethe to see, but she only gets to see it if she shows the lens(es) she's made and reports on the pinhole weekend.
I'll be bringing the lenses I made - promise!

And I should be there by dinner time Friday if anyone else wants to find food together.

jp80874
07-21-2009, 11:54 AM
I never met a dinner I didn't like. Dolly and I will be there. Is there anyone else expecting to be here by dinner Friday. We will wait until we get too hungry.

John

Jeff Bannow
07-21-2009, 12:12 PM
We probably won't make it there until 8-9pm on Friday, so eat without us. We will also have to pitch our tent once we get there. Are there plans to shoot Sat. morning?

Richard Boutwell
07-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Richard,

Welcome to our gathering. It is Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon. Which day should we expect you?

We are located about five miles south of the intersection of the OH Turnpike and Rt. 77. If you will tell me how you are approaching this area (probably north on Rt 71 then NE from Medina on Rt. 271), I will be glad to send detailed instructions by PM.

John Powers

Great.

I expect to be there Saturday afternoon/early evening. I am considering staying for Sunday also. It has been awhile since I have taken the masterview out for a walk. Looking into hotels, but wondering if there are still some space open for a tent.

jp80874
07-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Great.

I expect to be there Saturday afternoon/early evening. I am considering staying for Sunday also. It has been awhile since I have taken the masterview out for a walk. Looking into hotels, but wondering if there are still some space open for a tent.

Great. We always have room for another tent. If not now we will just mow some more of the field. If you decide on a motel the Hampton Inn Richfield at the OH Tpk. and Rt. 77 has been the most popular though there are several in a five mile circle from the house.

Do you need directions? If so from where?

We are the first of three houses on our driveway. If we are not there when you arrive we will try to post information on the door to the left of the garage doors. If you need to wait a few minutes there are chairs and a patio on the pond side of the house. Be comfortable or shoot some pictures. Several visitors have enjoyed the pond. There are two Labrador Retrievers in the house that may bark at you. Just wave at them. They are inside and you are outside.

John

Lee L
07-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Posting on behalf of APUGger Thomas Bertilsson. We've been talking off list about a print washer problem he's having. Does anyone have a spare Kodak Automatic Tray Siphon that they could bring to the gathering at John's? I haven't talked with Thomas about price or anything, but if anyone has something to offer that I could snag this weekend and ship to him, please let me know. Probably PM the both of us here on APUG would be best. Thomas is working to a deadline, and his current setup isn't cutting it.

Thanks,
Lee

Jeff Bannow
07-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Posting on behalf of APUGger Thomas Bertilsson. We've been talking off list about a print washer problem he's having. Does anyone have a spare Kodak Automatic Tray Siphon that they could bring to the gathering at John's? I haven't talked with Thomas about price or anything, but if anyone has something to offer that I could snag this weekend and ship to him, please let me know. Probably PM the both of us here on APUG would be best. Thomas is working to a deadline, and his current setup isn't cutting it.

Thanks,
Lee

Lee,

I think I might have one. I'll check tonight.

Lee L
07-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Lee,

I think I might have one. I'll check tonight.

Thanks Jeff.

Lee

Jeff Bannow
07-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Thanks Jeff.

Lee

I have one that appears to be in working order, though I've never tested it. All the bits appear to be attached, and the plastic and rubber are still supple. I'll bring it along.

Also, if anyone wants a couple of rolls of Pan F in 120, let me know. It's a bit out of date, but has been frozen since new.

- Jeff

Lee L
07-21-2009, 10:00 PM
I have one that appears to be in working order, though I've never tested it. All the bits appear to be attached, and the plastic and rubber are still supple. I'll bring it along.

- Jeff

Great! Thanks.

Lee

smieglitz
07-22-2009, 12:25 AM
I have one that appears to be in working order, though I've never tested it. All the bits appear to be attached, and the plastic and rubber are still supple...
- Jeff

I hope you are talking about the tray siphon Jeff.

:o

Jeff Bannow
07-22-2009, 11:02 AM
I hope you are talking about the tray siphon Jeff.

:o

Yup, my siphon. ;)

jp80874
07-22-2009, 12:03 PM
I took Friday Saturday & Sunday off from work! :)

Dorothy,

When do you think you will arrive Friday? Bethe, Lee and I are talking about going to an Indian restaurant in the valley for dinner Friday. Are you interested? Anyone else arriving between 5-7 PM and interested?

John

Jeff Bannow
07-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Dorothy,

When do you think you will arrive Friday? Bethe, Lee and I are talking about going to an Indian restaurant in the valley for dinner Friday. Are you interested? Anyone else arriving between 5-7 PM and interested?

John

I love Indian food, but I don't think Eva would like me driving 120 miles an hour in order to get there in time! :)

ic-racer
07-22-2009, 05:53 PM
I love Indian food, but I don't think Eva would like me driving 120 miles an hour in order to get there in time! :)

I don't see what the problem would be... :D

Nicholas Lindan
07-22-2009, 06:55 PM

Sigh. It's 'cause going so slow fouls the plugs...

djkloss
07-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Dorothy,

John

I'm not exactly sure, but I will let you know soon. do you have to make reservations - I love Indian too, but am not sure what time.

btw, how's the weather down your way? we've got thunder storms right now

Jeff Bannow
07-22-2009, 08:28 PM

Actually, I'd be amazed if our old Cavalier would even do 90! :)

jp80874
07-22-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm not exactly sure, but I will let you know soon. do you have to make reservations - I love Indian too, but am not sure what time.

btw, how's the weather down your way? we've got thunder storms right now

For four of us resevations aren't needed. If the number increases, and all are welcome, we probably should make reservations. If we make reservations, we will of course need a time.

Weather. It is raining lightly at 9:00 PM Wednesday.

Predicted weather from weather.com and zip code 44286

Fri, Jul 24, Mostly Sunny, high 80°, low 64°,
10% chance of rain

Sat, Jul 25, Scattered T-Storms, high 80°, low 66°,
40% chance of rain

Sun, Jul 26, Scattered T-Storms, high 78°, low 62°,
40% chance of rain.

John

jp80874
07-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Some realities: It rained all Wednesday night and we have an 80% chance of an additional half an inch Thursday. Though we have a strong crop of grass, we will probably have mud in the camping area. Some thoughts to make that workable. Park on the gravel, but leave passageway to the two houses down the driveway. Walk your stuff down from the house to the camping area. Pack light. We have a wheel barrow for heavy stuff. Bring some plastic or a ground cloth for under your tent. We have some if you forgot.

If you start to feel your car digging in, try a very light throttle in drive or a higher gear. Try to put a mat under the spinning tire. Don’t fight the mud, you will only dig in. We have a come along winch and many feet of line strong enough to literally lift your car. My car has all wheel drive. We have tractor chains. My in laws next door have a full size tractor. There is always AAA.

Some good news: We have three waterfalls within five miles. Blue Hen and Butter Milk Falls flow from the west and will be best lit in the morning. Brandywine, the largest of the three, flows from the east and will be best lit after noon. The stone and moss of the Ledges will glisten. There are many streams that come out of the rocks. The Beaver pond and our pond for that matter are full. The farm market Saturday morning is in a low field. What is a little uncomfortable for us ought to be a real mess for them with 200-300 cars. Street photographers man your shutters.

The Cleveland Museum of Art has opened three new photography rooms with a portrait show of the Museum’s collection. The Akron Art Museum has a William Wegman and Fey show as well as a Helen Levit exhibit.

Bring pictures to show & tell in the house.

If all else fails,
Hampton Inn Richfield
4860 Brecksville Road
Richfield, Ohio, USA, 44286
1-330-659-6662

John