PDA

View Full Version : NE Ohio, July 25-26th, 2009 Apug Gathering at the Powers’ House

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

Shawn Dougherty
07-23-2009, 08:57 AM
Thanks John. I always pack light and I'll bring a tarp for under the tent Sat night, or if it's bad I'll just sleep in the car.

You're suggestion about the falls is a good one. The stone wash area right around Blue Hen Falls is just incredible. I'm thinking that would be a great local for sunrise shooting Sunday morning if anyone is interested. We could be back in time for 9 o'clock coffee.... Shawn

jp80874
07-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Thanks John. I always pack light and I'll bring a tarp for under the tent Sat night, or if it's bad I'll just sleep in the car.

You're suggestion about the falls is a good one. The stone wash area right around Blue Hen Falls is just incredible. I'm thinking that would be a great local for sunrise shooting Sunday morning if anyone is interested. We could be back in time for 9 o'clock coffee.... Shawn

Take your time. Revision 1 is that coffee and rolls are at 10:00 AM this trip.

John

Shawn Dougherty
07-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Take your time. Revision 1 is that coffee and rolls are at 10:00 AM this trip.

John

Alright! Thanks again for these meetings, John (and Dolly). Really looking forward to it. Shawn

jp80874
07-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Alright! Thanks again for these meetings, John (and Dolly). Really looking forward to it. Shawn

Thanks for the cheer leading. The girls and I are "Really looking forward to it" too.

John

jp80874
07-23-2009, 04:33 PM
July 24, 25, 26th 2009 Apug Gathering at the Powers’ House, NE Ohio
It is beginning to look like a party. All these people have said they will be here at various times. Have I missed anyone? Dolly, the girls and I are very excited to know you are coming. Please be safe the whole way, coming, here and back. John

Dorothy Kloss
Lee Lumpkin
Jeff & Eva Bannow
Bethe Fisher
Shawn Dougherty
Nicholas Lindan
Daniel Lin
Dale Marsh
Jo Lefler
Steckmeyers, Bob and Ann
Richard Boutwell
Peter Spangenberg
Pete Groh

djkloss
07-23-2009, 05:46 PM
I am soooooo ready!!! rain or shine! Has anyone heard from Peter? did you want the processor? I don't know yet when I will arrive, but I am overdue! Dale, I'm going to bring the analyzers. Waterfalls sound excellent! And maybe I should get AAA? did you fill in the hole in the front by the road? ;)

Lee L
07-23-2009, 06:18 PM
... did you fill in the hole in the front by the road? ;)
It only took a couple of Hummers and a TR4 to fill it, so we got it done pretty quickly.

Lee

jp80874
07-23-2009, 06:25 PM
I am soooooo ready!!! rain or shine! Has anyone heard from Peter? did you want the processor? I don't know yet when I will arrive, but I am overdue! Dale, I'm going to bring the analyzers. Waterfalls sound excellent! And maybe I should get AAA? did you fill in the hole in the front by the road? ;)

We are so ready to have you.

I talked to Peter Spangenberg this afternoon. He said he would be with us much of Saturday and maybe Sunday. I don't know anything about the processor. I will PM you his email.

I think the County would be unhappy if we filled in their drainage ditch even if it did take two Hummers and a TR 4 off their roads.

Looking forward to having you here and seeing your new work.

John

djkloss
07-23-2009, 07:12 PM
omg! along with the analyzers he (my friend with the processor) gave me a voigtlander camera w/film holders! like I need another camera! He also has a medium format enlarger w/auto focus if anyone is interested.

jp80874
07-23-2009, 07:54 PM
omg! voigtlander camera w/film holders! .

Dorothy,
Forgive my ignorance. In reading about Voigtländer cameras I only find 35mm and 120mm film in old and I guess the new Cosina cameras as well. What size film does this one use that it has film holders? Please bring it along for show and tell. No doubt others and I want to learn more of the wonderful gift you received.

Thanks,

John

Lee L
07-23-2009, 08:32 PM
He also has a medium format enlarger w/auto focus if anyone is interested.
If it's a Focomat IIc, I'll take it. (he said wishfully)

Lee

djkloss
07-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Dorothy,
Forgive my ignorance. In reading about Voigtländer cameras I only find 35mm and 120mm film in old and I guess the new Cosina cameras as well. What size film does this one use that it has film holders? Please bring it along for show and tell. No doubt others and I want to learn more of the wonderful gift you received.

Thanks,

John

looks like 3 1/4 x 4 1/4

djkloss
07-23-2009, 08:41 PM
the lens is a Voightlander Braunschweig Heliar 1:4.5 F=13.5cm compur. press camera? have to look it up in my Kingslake. looks like I'll have to chop some film for it.

Nicholas Lindan
07-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Is it a plate camera like this http://cameracollector.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=bellows&action=display&thread=688

djkloss
07-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Is it a plate camera like this http://cameracollector.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=bellows&action=display&thread=688

I don't think it's quite that old. It's definitely for sheet film

djkloss
07-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Dorothy,

When do you think you will arrive Friday? Bethe, Lee and I are talking about going to an Indian restaurant in the valley for dinner Friday. Are you interested? Anyone else arriving between 5-7 PM and interested?

John

definitely! I am leaving shortly to go to bank, post office and then I'm off. Normally I get lost, so I should be there around 5 if I leave now.

Pack light? does not compute:p

winger
07-24-2009, 01:00 PM
It's 2 now, so I'm already running a little late. Just gotta pack the car and I'm off. Can't wait!

jp80874
07-24-2009, 01:01 PM
For those who would like a camp fire I have put matches in a zip lock bag and newspapers in a garbage bag in the fire area. The fire area is a burned circle in the field about ten feet across. Sorry I just didn't feel like collecting rocks for that. There are two stacks of firewood. I have also put three Jerry cans of Fire Water there. They look like gasoline cans but they are filled with 15 gallons of water. I have also used them as camp stools around a fire.

ONE BIG REQUEST. The prevailing wind is from the west. It blows across the fire area towards the large Blue Spruce trees. If you do have a fire, please keep it a small one. It took those trees thirty five years to get that big. I don’t expect to be here the amount of time it would take to grow replacements.

Thanks,

John

jp80874
07-24-2009, 01:09 PM
We are down to a 50% chance of rain Saturday. As a possible compromise between using the wheel barrow to move camping gear into the field I have parked the little garden tractor and wheel barrow sized trailer by the house. I will be happy to chauffer your stuff.

John

Lee L
07-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Heading out about 3:15, stop for gas (petrol, not another camera or lens, and not Taco Bell) then expect to land at HQ around 4:30 or so.

Lee