PDA

View Full Version : cyanotype chemicals

xtiaan
06-14-2009, 10:46 PM
anyone know where to buy approx 500g each of dry weight Potassium ferricyanide and Ferric ammonium citrate (green) from a company that is physically based in new zealand? Ive tried overseas places but end up having issues with imporing chems, Ive tried ajax finechem, but they dont sell to individuals, I need a place that is not overseas in any way shape or form.
Ive been trying via web and phone book for months to track these down, im getting desparate.

Christopher Walrath
06-15-2009, 07:21 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

See if you local high school chemistry department might add on to an order for you.

sly
06-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Note - you will need alot more ferric ammonium citrate than potassium ferricyanide - I'm still on my first jar of PF (and I use it for bleaching silver prints too) but my 3rd or 4th of FAC.

Mattlabs
06-16-2009, 07:00 PM
i get my chemistry off ebay. here's a link for one you can find the rest :) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=7616122411

xtiaan
06-16-2009, 11:55 PM
thnks but i tried my local art school, they just fobbed me off due to OSH and safety reasons

xtiaan
06-16-2009, 11:56 PM
thnks for the advice sly

xtiaan
06-16-2009, 11:59 PM
thanks mattlabs but i did say i was in NZ and wanted to buy from somewhere that was phyisically located in this country and was overseas "in no way shape or form"

xtiaan
06-30-2009, 06:28 PM
so what happens with these threads
do we need to bump them?
and will anyone be pissed off if i do?
can I say "pissed off"?

Im a newbie please bear with me

sly
06-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Pissed off doesn't bother me. If it pisses off someone else, they will probably let you know. You might want to start a new thread - "Still looking....."

Have you been able to find anyone in NZ who does cyanotypes? Have you looked on alternativephotography.com - they have galleries of artists, clumped into countries and continents, you might find a Kiwi on there who isn't on APUG.

It's hard when you feel isolated. Good luck.

nick mulder
07-01-2009, 12:09 AM
I am a kiwi, I do Pt/Pd and on occasion Cyanotype.

My original kits were bought from Photo Formulary and B&S but I have a bulk load of other chemical crap for every other process I do from Ajax, pretty sure I can mix cyanotype from it

Maybe when I mix my next soup of it up I can send you some, I am in Melbourne at the moment however. Wont be returning until next year ... I still order platinum from B&S also, perhaps we could share postage, again, sorry but next year

Your next mission will be finding appropriate papers to coat :P

xtiaan
07-01-2009, 11:55 AM
thaks for the advice Ill take any i can get, Im not even a photographer, Im more a frustrated screenprinter that just wants to do some relatively easy contact prints without all the messing about that screenprinting involves.

and we are never isolated with the interwebs
(it watches us as we are sleeping) :o

xtiaan
07-01-2009, 12:13 PM
hey nick have you ever tried to send chemicals from melbs to NZ? cos thats what is putting me off buying overseas, ajax said they wont send to NZ because of issues with getting it through....

all the suppliers Ive emailed seem convinced Im setting up a p-lab or something *sigh*

P C Headland
07-05-2009, 04:59 AM
Wellington Photographic Supplies have, in the past, had Cyanotype kits.

There is a French ebay seller (http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Starks-Alternative-Photography__W0QQ_armrsZ1) with whom I made enquiries, and they were more than willing to ship to NZ (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CYANOTYPE-KIT_W0QQitemZ260219502135QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pho tography_DarkroomSupplies_SM?hash=item3c964a7e37&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A30).

xtiaan
07-15-2009, 04:23 AM
Ive given up on getting chemicals in NZ
now im going with artcraft in america
they have all the shit I want for a reasonable price, and i dont need to be "approved" like all the chem dealers in NZ were asking

Ill come back and comment after i get it, so anyone in the future in NZ seeking cyanotype type chems will be able to find them
(if not locally)